Pages:
Author

Topic: Not all educated are educated. - page 5. (Read 598 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1031
Only BTC
November 14, 2023, 11:08:05 AM
This is another way LE are targeting BTC and its privacy tools and trying to deceive people into not using them, privacy tools like CoinJoin implementations and mixers are very important for a BTC user, and i am glad that despite the fact that Swan BTC don't want their customers' to interact with their service using mixed funds, at least they are open about everything and they are not trying to paint mixing as being bad:
Swan co-founder Yan Pritzker said the firm is pro-privacy and doesn’t oppose customers’ use of such services, but to work, it has to follow FinCEN regulations.
LE are not fighting money laundering or illicit funds with all of these regulations, because BTC is not the main tool used by fraudsters for money laundering, LE are doing this because they want to have 'eyes' on your money, they want to be able to link addresses and tell which belongs to who, they want to attack BTC fungibility by calling some coins 'tainted', this is their primary goal and not to fight money laundering.
Activity: 322
Merit: 274
Baba God Noni
November 14, 2023, 11:05:52 AM
Illegal activities has been existing since, even before I was born, so I don't see any reason why the government are giving excuses for bitcoin users not to use the mixing service. I think that this is another way that they think they can use to deprive bitcoiners from their private life.

The government just hate the people can use bitcoin for whatever they want to buy without them being able to trace the transactions, which I think that this is the main reason that they are against any form of privacy that you can get from bitcoin and they are not happy that bitcoin gives financial freedom to its users. This is the reason why bitcoin should be used the way it was designed, by using a decentralized exchange and a noncustodial wallet. I believe this is the reason why Bitcoin ETF will be approved so that they can know more about the bitcoin owners that bought from ETF
Activity: 602
Merit: 638
November 14, 2023, 10:57:04 AM
The topic title, do you mean not all educated are educated, or your write-up, not all educated are not educated? I read the below meaning to the first one, which I think is perfect for the title, "Not everyone who is educated throughly understands things are they are meant to be?"

In the aspect of the government always blaming bitcoin and other currencies for crime and money laundering is just all that they could do. We all know that even before bitcoin, there had been illegal dealing in any form of activity, and the government can't deny that. And with the said money laundering, we can also see that the major money launderers are those who are in charge of shell accounts, which they are allowed to send large amounts of money across to any part of the world without being questioned.

How much is being spent on illegal purchases of arms and other sorts of illegal activities like terrorism drugs? When you talk about this amount, we can see that it's nearly impossible for crypto or bitcoin alone to be used to execute such deals. There is no doubt that many criminal organisations are using bitcoin for their illegal activities, but the numbers are few compared to what's happening in the financial and banking systems, which they all know about, and yet they need a reason to attack bitcoin by all means.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
November 14, 2023, 10:56:53 AM
Simply put, banks and fiat are part of the system and bitcoin was invented against the system. Now they are trying to control it as much as possible with more laws, more KYC, demonising mixers and trying to impose blacklists, and if they succeed bitcoin will become part of the system. It's like the ETF spots that everyone is waiting for the price to go up: what they are going to do is make bitcoin even more part of the system.
Activity: 658
Merit: 354
I stand with Ukraine!
November 14, 2023, 10:54:47 AM
Especially, I do not expect people can be complaining about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general that they are causing global warming.
It is their narrative to attack Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. You can not change that because they work under government laws and regulations and they easily follow request from governments and central banks.

https://bitcoincleanup.com/
https://endthefud.org/energy
Debunking the "Bitcoin is an environmental disaster" argument

Above are resources for people in Bitcointalk to debunk those attacks. Those resources are not for governments and central banks, they don't need such.

Mixers are seen to be used for illegal activities but the money in banks are not seeing to be used for money laundering and terrorism financing.
Fiat currencies are used for money laundering more than Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Again it is another narrative attack from Bitcoin & cryptocurrencies including crypto mixers.

More information is available in Crypto Crime Report 2023. You can download it for reading.

Out if the most fiats used for illegal activities, only little do the government and regulators know about.
I am not sure about that. Do you have any data or report to support this saying?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
November 14, 2023, 10:44:20 AM
Why?

This:
Bitcoin services platform Swan Bitcoin warned its customers that it would be forced to terminate accounts found interacting with crypto-mixing due to the regulatory obligations of its partner banks.

And this:

Pritzker stated that the current political climate has put a lot of fear into the banking sector, with most banks simply refusing to do business with anything in crypto. Thus, for them to continue their Bitcoin on-ramp services, their custody partner has to interact with banking services governed by FinCEN regulations.

Especially, I do not expect people can be complaining about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general that they are causing global warming.

Mixers are seen to be used for illegal activities but the money in banks are not seeing to be used for money laundering and terrorism financing. Among the most fiats used for illegal activities, only little do the government and regulators know about. If there is no bitcoin or other coins and tokens, there will be illegal activities both online and offline and their scam fiat will be used for it.
Pages:
Jump to: