Pages:
Author

Topic: Not enough profits with 25 BTC reward to include more tx's? - page 2. (Read 2594 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
an easier method for less advanced users would be to simply let the original 'free' transaction go through, but for a seperate payment to the pool.

(i.e. you pay the pool 0.001 btc and tell them which free tx you want them to include in their next block)

that way novices don't have to figure out how to resend a transaction (which as far as I know, bitcoin-qt won't allow)
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Pool operators - a suggestion:

Create a pushtx equivalent so someone can send a TX *alternative* (that pays much more than the minimum fee) which you then decide to mine *despite* the existing non-fee (or very low fee) paying TX.

I would use this service and I am sure I am not alone.

EDIT: see the next post for an even simpler idea
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Apart from the problem of recently slow block discovery times, on average the new blocks are only around 200K (containing around 200-300 tx's) despite a large queue of unconfirmed transactions.

As BTC is at record highs is it not possible for miners to be a little more generous and include more tx's (so the blocks are closer to the 1MB limit)?

Many are now waiting days for their first confirmation and it certainly doesn't look good for talking about scaling (if we want to keep saying zero or little fees - and I am not talking about dust or invalid transactions due to no fees when the spec requires them).

At least if there were some way to "add a fee" to an existing tx one could get it to process but instead now if you didn't set your client to include a mandatory fee you just wait, and wait, and wait.

Sad
Pages:
Jump to: