Pages:
Author

Topic: [Not] Good price at CEX.io - page 7. (Read 49080 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
February 03, 2014, 07:45:54 AM
If the cost per GH/s remained constant, then the mining profit would be the actual profit.

This statement is true.
But, do you truly believe the hashrate price will keep the same, when difficulty goes up ~20% in 3 or 4 days?
What about another ~20% every 2 weeks afterwards?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Village Idiot
February 02, 2014, 11:07:02 PM
You really have no idea about it...that much is obvious

If the cost per GH/s remained constant, then the mining profit would be the actual profit.
Same as mining with your own hardware but cheaper.

Ahahahahahahahaha!

You, sir, are the stereotype of a cex.io customer.
Activity: 586
Merit: 251
February 02, 2014, 10:28:44 PM
So it will go back to 0.045-48 again? It's free BTC aint it after all? Instead of storing it in some third party wallet or have something happend recently?

No, it probably won't go back to those prices, just as actual hardware depreciates, so to does virtual hardware...and almost everything else you can buy for that matter.

Storing your BTC in a wallet does not earn it anything, at least mining with it does...and trading certainly can too.
And yes there are risks with trading, but your BTC is important enough to keep an eye on...no?

Holding out for BTC to rise in value? well, it could also go down.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
February 02, 2014, 09:49:35 PM
So it will go back to 0.045-48 again? It's free BTC aint it after all? Instead of storing it in some third party wallet or have something happend recently?
February 02, 2014, 09:44:28 PM
Even if the cost per GH/s stayed the same, some people would moan that they are not making enough profit.

Even if the cost per Ghs stayed the same, there still would be no profit to be made Wink
That's the whole story, their ROI is negative right from the start...

But I'm not surprised to read that from a cex.io customer with this Signature :
Want more bitcoin? Build you own cloud miner, today! (Referrer Spam removed)

Honest Translation :
Want to lose money? Build you own cloud miner, today! (someone please click on my Referral link so I get my 3% provision)

You really have no idea about it...that much is obvious

Same as mining with your own hardware but cheaper.

It seems you wouldn't notice a profit if it smacked you in the face
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Sentinel
February 02, 2014, 06:19:28 PM
Even if the cost per GH/s stayed the same, some people would moan that they are not making enough profit.

Even if the cost per Ghs stayed the same, there still would be no profit to be made Wink
That's the whole story, their ROI is negative right from the start...

But I'm not surprised to read that from a cex.io customer with this Signature :
Want more bitcoin? Build you own cloud miner, today! (Referrer Spam removed)

Honest Translation :
Want to lose money? Build you own cloud miner, today! (someone please click on my Referral link so I get my 3% provision)
February 02, 2014, 06:12:57 PM
Sentinel
February 02, 2014, 08:37:55 AM
*ouch*

...that means the entire merged mining surplus (NMC/DVC/IXC) doesn't even cover the maintenance fee by a far margin and the cumulative losses from rented GHs will be even far worse than I projected.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
February 02, 2014, 07:16:11 AM
The % maintenance fee increases with the difficulty at constant bitcoin price. We will see 6.9% in 3 days.
February 02, 2014, 07:04:48 AM
I just noted from reading somewhere that cex.io drastically increased their maintenance fee since January.

Right now it's at a ludicrous 5.59% (WTF?!) and well above the ~3% that I used for my calculations. If it stays there, rented GHs are becoming even more unprofitable than they already are.

You can find the maintenance fee here, and yes it is now at 5.59%.  Wink
https://cex.io/maintenance

The maintenance fee is estimated as $0.30 / kW x hour: $0.17/kW electricity cost + $0.09 data centre upkeep + $0.04 hardware repair/maintenance.

1 GHS maintenance = $0.00045 / hour
So, when hashrate price goes down, the maintenance fee % will go up. Tongue
Sentinel
February 02, 2014, 06:47:27 AM
I just noted from reading somewhere that cex.io drastically increased their maintenance fee since January.

Right now it's at a ludicrous 5.59% (WTF?!) and well above the ~3% that I used for my calculations. If it stays there, rented GHs are becoming even more unprofitable than they already are.
February 02, 2014, 03:44:39 AM
I think the real value will come when you can switch it to mine other coin pools.

You understand that the hashrate on cex.io (from Bitfury chips) cannot be used for scrypt-based mining, right?
If so, what do you mean by "real value will come" lol, especially when there is currently 0% mining fee, and merged mining is already done on cex.io ?
Absolutely but you can point it at other sha coins. That can't be merge mined... So for people that don't have massive amounts of ASICS it would be a value to them. Bitcoin isn't always the most profitable sha coin to mine.....

If then, it will cause a huge problem to those sha256 altcoins.

With the influx of tons of hashrate to a coin (say, TRC), the diffculty could go up terribly.
After the difficulty readjustment, all those hashrate will be directed to mine another coin, while the block finding will be extremely slow for TRC (very high difficulty, very low hashrate). Transaction will take a very long time to be confirmed, and the coin price will crash terribly or the coin could even die if the situation is real bad.

After all, the mining revenue from mining other sha256 coins will be very low due to the price crash.
Activity: 8
February 02, 2014, 01:30:44 AM
I am looking for something as welll
February 01, 2014, 04:50:25 PM
I think the real value will come when you can switch it to mine other coin pools.

You understand that the hashrate on cex.io (from Bitfury chips) cannot be used for scrypt-based mining, right?
If so, what do you mean by "real value will come" lol, especially when there is currently 0% mining fee, and merged mining is already done on cex.io ?
Absolutely but you can point it at other sha coins. That can't be merge mined... So for people that don't have massive amounts of ASICS it would be a value to them. Bitcoin isn't always the most profitable sha coin to mine.....
Activity: 280
February 01, 2014, 10:23:56 AM
Price is falling down again.
They sold more than 10TH/s yesterday.

It could go up for some short-term fluctuation.
But as the network hashrate grows, difficulty will continue to go up, and the value of 1 GHs will keep dropping. Wink

Agreed. What value will it approach log term? Zero?
Activity: 30
February 01, 2014, 05:01:29 AM

* Scenario :
Rent GHs at cex.io in early Jan 2014 and fully re-invest everything mined (merged mined NMC/IXC/DVC is approximated by assuming an additional 2% mining output, as I lack/forgot the exact figure).

If you always re-invest your mined profit your loss will be 100% at the time the "maintenance fee"="mined coins".
February 01, 2014, 04:37:38 AM

February 01, 2014, 04:31:58 AM
Price is falling down again.
They sold more than 10TH/s yesterday.

It could go up for some short-term fluctuation.
But as the network hashrate grows, difficulty will continue to go up, and the value of 1 GHs will keep dropping. Wink
Activity: 4
February 01, 2014, 03:26:38 AM
Wait till Mar and price will drop futhur, with higher difficulty its less likely that the price will go up again.
I sympathise for those who bought 1GHz for 0.07BTC in Dec
Village Idiot
February 01, 2014, 01:07:52 AM

Please explain to us why you think that will be have "value".
Pages:
Jump to: