Pages:
Author

Topic: Not Happy with BTC-e - page 2. (Read 1476 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
November 12, 2013, 03:45:17 PM
Sigh. I am seeing more of these posts, unfortunately, which does not surprise during a big rally like this, with new money coming in. I trade on BTC-E, but their support leaves much to be desired. I only send coins in, sell, buy back, and send coins out. I would hate trying to fund an account with dollars. If I had to do that, I'd go to the currency exchange forum and try to trade for a BTC-E code.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Activity: 12
November 12, 2013, 03:29:19 PM
Going on day 5. I just posted a reply to my latest ticket. I'll see if I get any response. Not so much pissed that this could take a while, just upset that they are either 1) Not being honest about how long this takes or 2) There really is a problem with my account but no one can be bothered to realize that and therefore fix it. I'm leaning towards option 2 at the moment since I can't believe a company would be so vague, forcing their customers to constantly submit tickets and waste everyones time.
Activity: 28
November 11, 2013, 03:02:16 PM
That's weird, I've used BTC-E for quite a while without problems. Please keep us up to date about this.
Activity: 12
November 11, 2013, 02:56:37 PM
Live in US and after a rough time with CampBX decided to give BTC-e a try. Started out ok, I submitted a ticket 4 days after my wire to check on it. They replied same day and credited my account. Of course I'm thinking "wow I should have used them from the start". Next thing was they pretty much have an unwritten KYC requirement (On the wire info they mention something along the lines of "their bank might require ID and utility, if your money's on hold submit a ticket with the attachments". I did as instructed 4 days ago and again they replied quickly, this time with a one word "fixed". I'm thinking great. However when I login and try to withdraw my bitcoins, I'm still on money hold. Not sure what was fixed but after adding to the ticket a couple more times to let them know (politely) that the issue isn't fixed, I'm still on hold, I'm pretty much getting no responses since the obviously premature "fixed".

To wrap it up today I submit another ticket (because I've now determined they are just going to continue to ignore anything I add to the original ticket) mentioning I'm still on money hold and am getting no explanation as to why. I get a canned reply (to their credit somewhat quickly) that "money holds have a 24 hour waiting period after deposits, just wait". It's been four days, so obviously whoever replied couldn't be bothered with checking if there's a problem... In short not a good experience and having my BTC tied up with them has cost me some pretty good oppurtunities. I'm loving bitcoin but seems like all the exchanges have serious quality issues. Hoping at some point I can withdraw my bitcoins from them. For now I'll just watch the 30 day money hold timer count down, and hope someone there decides to do some customer service.
Pages:
Jump to: