Pages:
Author

Topic: Not sure where to ask this. So lets try here. - page 2. (Read 371 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
Yes I did I merited all my alts as I specifically asked if it was allowed years ago During the first week of the merit system being installed.

Theymos specifically answered it was not forbidden.
I have been transparent with all my alt accounts as to why they exist and what they aRe used for.
Alright. I wasn't aware of this.
If the whole situation was transparent and already discussed before, then there's no need to bring it up here again.

I cant access them and don’t need them. Last time I tried to end them I was not able to and I need three accounts I can access So I opened more.
I have three to use and I would like to close the other two.
If you cannot remember the secret question, then the other option is the admin attending to this case directly.
Proving ownership should not be too much of a hassle.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
this is a very interesting situation, I think it's all up to the moderators.
I don't think they should suspend those accounts just because you claim they are your alts. that is not enough proof.
If you haven't access to him, you can't confirm that they are in your hands. Probably only if there are any Bitcoin addresses associated with these accounts where you can sign the message. Or even maybe you can ask admins just to give you a hint as to which email addresses were used for registration, maybe you remember and manage to regain access to those accounts.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
What section of the forum do I ask how to shut the old accounts down.
I cannot remember any situation where alt accounts where closed by the admins. If you remember your secret question and the answer, you can try to recover the account using that to lock your profile.
Try to log in, click on forgot password and then "Ask me my question". This action should lock your account as it was disabled some time back.

P.S; did you merit your alt?

Yes I did I merited all my alts as I specifically asked if it was allowed years ago During the first week of the merit system being installed.

Theymos specifically answered it was not forbidden.
I have been transparent with all my alt accounts as to why they exist and what they aRe used for.
 i

I cant access them and don’t need them. Last time I tried to end them I was not able to and I need three accounts I can access So I opened more.
I have three to use and I would like to close the other two.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1031
Only BTC
There is a thread on that here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/meriting-your-alt-is-allowed-5401516
And that is the reason why this thread was created too i am sure.
Here in meta.
If it is very important to you, pm Theymos with reasons why you want them locked, he will do it if he sees the need to.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
I cannot remember any situation where alt accounts where closed by the admins. If you remember your secret question and the answer, you can try to recover the account using that to lock your profile.
Try to log in, click on forgot password and then "Ask me my question". This action should lock your account as it was disabled some time back.

legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
Okay that is my new alt above.

I have two inaccessible alt accounts.

philipma1957 DT1 --------- my main account

Philipma1957cellphone DT2 no access   https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/philipma1957cellphone-2664833

Philipma1957onvacation no access https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/philipma1957onvacation-537107

philipma1957laptop ------- my mobile account used for secure purposes on the road.

a1 Hashrate LLC2022 ------- new form alt to comply with federal tax laws in a new manner due to my 65th birthday.

TIA
Activity: 112
Merit: 83
How do I close old alt accounts that I can't access?
Pages:
Jump to: