Pages:
Author

Topic: Notes on Bitcoin ETFs for the community - page 2. (Read 834 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
August 11, 2018, 03:50:13 PM
In Addition, here’s what makes the VanEck/SolidX ETF different.

If you don’t know what differentiates the VanEck and SolidX ETF and why it gives it a massive advantage over other ETFs that have been thus far rejected, here are the main points for you to better distinguish between the same:

1. Custody: Fund is physically backed and will hold BTC (Private Keys)

2. Designed for institutions not retail: Minimum $200K investment. This gives the SEC more confidence in protecting retail investors.

3. Backed by CBOE: to be traded on BZX Equities Exchange. CBOE has already pushed through Futures and has a long standing history with the SEC.

4. Regulatory oversight: the CBOE is a trusted and regulated exchange in the eyes of the SEC

5. Index will be traded on a OTC (over the counter) desk by Voice not Electronically: this reduces risk of manipulation and increases regulatory transparency.

6. Insured: ETF is insured by a syndicate of A-rated insurers. Again, more assurance and protection for investors.

7. Both VanEck and SolidX have filed for ETFs independently: together, they bring to the table more experience and lessons learned than any other applicant.

Well, there you have it. Other ETFs have had some of these components but nothing has come close to be as robust and comprehensive as this ETF.
The Delay is a sign of confidence, as. It demonstrates the SEC’s interest in continuing to do proper due diligence versus outright rejecting it.

Credit: https://t.me/whatsoncrypto
Quite informative and has some good proposals, it will make a lot of sense for the SEC to accept this, it offers something workable and the reputation of CBOE will certainly count for something
Activity: 154
August 11, 2018, 03:10:35 PM
If Bitcoin gets ETF approval, then it will be good for Bitcoin. If you do not get approval, it will not be too bad. So there is nothing to worry about or to stop the transaction. Bitcoin is still in good condition in crypto. If you look at 2017, you will see how strong Bitcoin is in crypto
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
August 11, 2018, 01:43:21 PM
I wondered about the hypocrisy among crypto investors. What at all does traders need from ETF regulations and endorsement for? Isn't cryptocurrency suppose to be a decentralized, if so , then why do we need a centralized authority decision to make things work for us.
Activity: 112
August 11, 2018, 01:35:06 PM
there is requirement for everybody to change the portrayal far from ETF endorsement or objection and begin concentrating on things that issue or else they will keep on postponing till the finish of the year and we will be here griping about how a year ago was the greatest year that could ever be seen in whole presence of cryptographic money.
Activity: 266
August 11, 2018, 12:44:19 PM
ETFs have been the ever hype that is making people very excited everytime they are coming up with news and that is making BTC market worse than before. BTC price will recover faster if people stops thinking about this ETF thing and start to concentrate on other factors, I assume.
Activity: 252
August 11, 2018, 12:14:12 PM
That’s the article which are searching for many newcomers in this forum. This type of article can help to gather knowledge. But if these are unreliable that should be gone wrong`
Activity: 264
August 11, 2018, 09:52:06 AM
We actually do not need the SEC. This is a decentralized market. The people here are ones which decides which will be worth our time and money based on the demand of the coins the people have for it. This market is not owned by the banks and we need to lay back and relax a little bit.
Activity: 686
Merit: 125
August 11, 2018, 09:05:28 AM
Yeah it takes some time to think and organize an option of what to do with the cryptocurrency system. I had the empathy for the government who is now looking both sides for the advantage and whatever the advantages they will get for sure the benefit is for the many people. Thus, including a plan to modify the cyrptocurrency like an option if things will not get approve maybe they could create another rulings and made cryptocurrency available.
Activity: 164
Merit: 1
bitcoin is great
August 11, 2018, 08:53:28 AM
It is interesting how the focus has changed from wanting regulations from not want it. ETF may solve some of the problems but will introduce new ones-centralization by government
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
August 11, 2018, 07:52:07 AM
What if they will not approve cryptocurrency? What will happen next to bitcoin and other crypto? Will it continue the operation even if the government sectors does not want this thing to approve? How can we  push through on this one. I know that it is not time yet to speculate things but we need some clear ways or plan to pursue if things will not go as plan.

Mate, it will get approved. Matter of time. SEC has already announced that Bitcoin and Ethereum are not securities... Don't worry man.

By the way, the What's on crypto team and their channel are awesome. Very need thing for a crypto gentleman https://t.me/whatsoncrypto

The ETF approval is going to be a subtle way of centralization which in itself is against the tenets of the blockchain revolution.

It really doesn't matter. ETFs will act as custodians for millions of smaller investors. Centralization of wealth (and bitcoin holdings) is inevitable. Over a period of time, there will be rich people who holds lots of bitcoins. This doesn't cause problems similar to the centralization of hashing power.
Activity: 84
August 11, 2018, 06:56:47 AM
It won’t make any changes. It’s a matter of time. Bitcoin have the nonpareil place in the industry. Very soon it will come on the right track.
Activity: 322
August 11, 2018, 05:58:32 AM
i want to say what actually happen if sec reject etf, I think for some days the price of btc will dump then within a week it will go back on his own track. so brother don't be serious that much. keep your faith on bitcoin.
Activity: 125
Merit: 19
August 10, 2018, 08:44:23 PM
i dont know a shit whats is going on but all what i know that cryptocurrency market and bticoin has become a dirty playable shit prices goes up with no reason and goes down with no reason
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
August 09, 2018, 05:08:06 AM
What if they will not approve cryptocurrency? What will happen next to bitcoin and other crypto? Will it continue the operation even if the government sectors does not want this thing to approve? How can we  push through on this one. I know that it is not time yet to speculate things but we need some clear ways or plan to pursue if things will not go as plan.
Don't panic dude. It's because of the people who panic that the price of Bitcoin has gone down so much. So what if ETF is rejected ?
Bitcoin won't stop growing buddy. It has been functioning since the beginning. There were no ETF at that time to bother for BTC. Why has it become such a big deal now ? Even if the ETF is rejected by the SEC I am sure that BTC would be doing just fine in some days, albeit there will be minor dumps again because of the people who panic. Undecided
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
August 09, 2018, 04:55:46 AM
What if they will not approve cryptocurrency? What will happen next to bitcoin and other crypto? Will it continue the operation even if the government sectors does not want this thing to approve? How can we  push through on this one. I know that it is not time yet to speculate things but we need some clear ways or plan to pursue if things will not go as plan.

Mate, it will get approved. Matter of time. SEC has already announced that Bitcoin and Ethereum are not securities... Don't worry man.

By the way, the What's on crypto team and their channel are awesome. Very need thing for a crypto gentleman https://t.me/whatsoncrypto

The ETF approval is going to be a subtle way of centralization which in itself is against the tenets of the blockchain revolution.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
August 09, 2018, 04:24:18 AM
Of course they will be approved. The bankers need to be able to influence the price, so that they can suck as many Bitcoins as they can out of the market. I can see Bitcoin becoming an asset base for next generation "fiat" currencies. That takes us a long way from Satoshi's original concept, and will make bankers a fortune. It will make some of us some money as well, but it will mean that Bitcoin will not be viable for daily purchases. You will have to use the new government cryptos.
Activity: 37
August 09, 2018, 04:15:06 AM
In Addition, here’s what makes the VanEck/SolidX ETF different.

If you don’t know what differentiates the VanEck and SolidX ETF and why it gives it a massive advantage over other ETFs that have been thus far rejected, here are the main points for you to better distinguish between the same:

1. Custody: Fund is physically backed and will hold BTC (Private Keys)

2. Designed for institutions not retail: Minimum $200K investment. This gives the SEC more confidence in protecting retail investors.

3. Backed by CBOE: to be traded on BZX Equities Exchange. CBOE has already pushed through Futures and has a long standing history with the SEC.

4. Regulatory oversight: the CBOE is a trusted and regulated exchange in the eyes of the SEC

5. Index will be traded on a OTC (over the counter) desk by Voice not Electronically: this reduces risk of manipulation and increases regulatory transparency.

6. Insured: ETF is insured by a syndicate of A-rated insurers. Again, more assurance and protection for investors.

7. Both VanEck and SolidX have filed for ETFs independently: together, they bring to the table more experience and lessons learned than any other applicant.

Well, there you have it. Other ETFs have had some of these components but nothing has come close to be as robust and comprehensive as this ETF.
The Delay is a sign of confidence, as. It demonstrates the SEC’s interest in continuing to do proper due diligence versus outright rejecting it.

Credit: https://t.me/whatsoncrypto
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
August 08, 2018, 04:15:49 PM
The funny part is that a bitcoin ETF is a dumb instrument in the first place. If you really wanted exposure to the BTC market you just buy some bitcoin. It's idiotic, in my opinion, to buy bitcoin futures. I have no idea how they are going to set a reasonable strike price other than a guess. You would do much better to handle these things yourself and avoid the fees and counter-party risks.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
August 08, 2018, 04:09:55 PM
https://bitcoinist.com/bitcoin-etf-decision-come-2019/

According to this article, ProShare ETF being approved would be a big hint for what's to come with SolidX
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
August 08, 2018, 05:33:00 AM
While we are all trying hard to link the news about the extension of ETFs decision to the reason of why the price is really falling so hard, I personally think its only contributing to it rather than being the deciding factor because the news about the extension was reported sometimes last week when price was still hovering a little below $8,000 but now its now causing serious issue. I think there is need for everyone to change the narration away from ETF approval or disapproval and start focusing on things that matter or else they will continue to postpone till the end of the year and we will be here complaining about how last year was the best year that would ever be witnessed in entire existence of crypto currency.
Pages:
Jump to: