Pages:
Author

Topic: Notes on Bitcoin ETFs for the community - page 3. (Read 834 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 1
August 08, 2018, 04:46:12 AM
What if they will not approve cryptocurrency? What will happen next to bitcoin and other crypto? Will it continue the operation even if the government sectors does not want this thing to approve? How can we  push through on this one. I know that it is not time yet to speculate things but we need some clear ways or plan to pursue if things will not go as plan.

Mate, it will get approved. Matter of time. SEC has already announced that Bitcoin and Ethereum are not securities... Don't worry man.

By the way, the What's on crypto team and their channel are awesome. Very need thing for a crypto gentleman https://t.me/whatsoncrypto
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
August 08, 2018, 04:31:47 AM
The group of people those who are disappointed by the delay in SEC approval are the group of people who never realized the actual potential of crypto currency. They are looking at the cryptos at the same manner they look at the fiat and waiting for government approval. They actually never realized that crypto is a people's currency where Banks and regulatory authorities plays a little role.

Also I have been telling the community that, where ETFs are not "physically settled", they will not help the bitcoin market in any way. Synthetic ETFs do not settle for physical assets so no question of fresh funds following into the market. Thanks for clearing this fact to the community especially to those who are loosing their sleep over the upcoming ETFs.

I second the opinion of showing "Middle Finger" to the regulatory authority on their decision on ETF as we are the least affected party here. Hope people understands the matter now! 
Activity: 686
Merit: 125
August 08, 2018, 04:17:13 AM
What if they will not approve cryptocurrency? What will happen next to bitcoin and other crypto? Will it continue the operation even if the government sectors does not want this thing to approve? How can we  push through on this one. I know that it is not time yet to speculate things but we need some clear ways or plan to pursue if things will not go as plan.
copper member
Activity: 53
Merit: 4
August 08, 2018, 03:54:55 AM
So, the ETFs are delayed. Yet again. It comes as no surprise since we all were expecting the same. Yet the market dumped hard. You might have seen a correlation between the acknowledgement of Bitcoin by centralized organizations and the market reaction on it.

We still remember in 2016 or even 2017, when people gave a middle finger to regulation and institutions. Now everyone is begging and waiting for government approval. What a move huh?

We understand how much community perceives the importance of ETFs in Crypto but allow us to enlighten you, WE DON’T NEED THEM, INSTEAD, THEY NEED US. But, apparently, we are getting influenced by the same thing we swore to decimate in the first place. Yes, we are talking about centralized organizations and our strong craving for their acknowledgement. So, stop holding your breath and focus on what’s important for a true decentralized world.

So, stop holding your breath and focus on what’s important for a true decentralized world.
Also, Regarding the ETFs.

Do not expect SEC decision on the CBOE (VanEck-SolidX) Bitcoin ETF in 2018, so don’t hold your breath.

We see people being disappointed about the SEC delaying the decision on the ETF from VanEck-SolidX when actually nobody should have expected the SEC to approve the first-ever Bitcoin ETF within the first 45 days after the notice was published.

Everybody should be aware that the SEC will and should take the time it is allowed to by law, which is 240 days (45 days for the first and second extension, 90 for the third, 60 for the last).

What to expect now:
1. News about rejected ETFs likely in late August (link Proshares ETF)
2. Another series of news about Bitcoin ETF rejection in September (link Direxion ETF)
3. Both of the above ETFs are not commodity-backed (instead, they’re futures, at least the Proshares for sure) and thus, do not involve actually purchasing BTC. They could also be approved, but we don’t think that’s likely.
4. The final decision on the CBOE (VanEck-SolidX) somewhere around February-March 2019.

Credit:
https://t.me/whatsoncrypto
https://t.me/howmuch_net
https://t.me/cointified
Pages:
Jump to: