Pages:
Author

Topic: Nov 11 to Dec 11 SIDEHACK compac stick pool club. New run. - page 22. (Read 20796 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
My stupid Y usb cable are 2 weeks late ... I guess i will never get them ... Sad

Did you order them from Amazon?  If so you probably got them from the same Chinese seller I did, and not realizing they ship via a super slow boat until weeks after I ordered I was pretty bummed that I didn't notice sooner.  To top it off they only sent me 1 of the 4 Y cables I ordered, so I am currently waiting another ~3 weeks for the remaining cables to show up.

Nah Ebay, yeah I guess they will arrived next month Tongue

EDIT: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221661361513

IF they actually ship them! I ordered from the same seller and after about 7-8 weeks, nothing, not even a email saying that they were shipped. So contacted to find out if they had shipped them yet and if they hadn't, to just cancel and refund. They refunded.

So I found some cables for cheap and made my own.

Damm Tongue
legendary
If either of you are in UK or even EU I can send you some of my Y cables as I wont be needing them? I have 5.

US or further probably wouldn't be worth while.

thanks but i'm in Canada Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
If either of you are in UK or even EU I can send you some of my Y cables as I wont be needing them? I have 5.

US or further probably wouldn't be worth while.
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
My stupid Y usb cable are 2 weeks late ... I guess i will never get them ... Sad

Did you order them from Amazon?  If so you probably got them from the same Chinese seller I did, and not realizing they ship via a super slow boat until weeks after I ordered I was pretty bummed that I didn't notice sooner.  To top it off they only sent me 1 of the 4 Y cables I ordered, so I am currently waiting another ~3 weeks for the remaining cables to show up.

IF they actually ship them! I ordered from the same seller and after about 7-8 weeks, nothing, not even a email saying that they were shipped. So contacted to find out if they had shipped them yet and if they hadn't, to just cancel and refund. They refunded.

So I found some cables for cheap and made my own.
legendary
If I rented some hash should I point it to my stick address ( http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX.hedgy73stick ) or do I need a donation address setting up?

we talked about it during the last run.  I mentioned it helps track sticks, but  I think in this run mixing sticks and donated would be fine.

When I setup the over clock contest this weekend

that stick would need to stand alone to track.

So if you are not planing to try the overclock contest I would just lump it together.

If you  enter the contest you can do a second account at that time.

Ok great thanks Smiley.

Are there any more details anywhere about the overclock contest?

They are in the last October to November thread.

Basically it is the best share total for 1 stick during 24 hours. Must show a screen shot or photo of the cgminer.
Bfgminer at the start and finish.

Must be air cooled . If you crash you lose.

So the screen shot should be twenty four hours.

I will photo what I mean.

I host this stick  so pretend it was in the overclock contest

the start time is 2015-11-12 at 7:40AM

it has an A of 103370

look left and shares are 102606

at 2015-11-13 at 7:40 am 

24 hours would be up and you would take a screen shot showing the gui with no crash and cryptoglance's accounting for you

we would enter the shares and see how you stand.

Great thanks for the information I'll take part Smiley.

I have a few questions if you dont mind:

1). Is it for just 1 stick?

2). When you say 'air cooled' is that with or without a fan?

3). What day / time is the competition?

4). Is the winner based on most shares or best share?

5). Is there a prize? Grin.

1) the over clock will be only one stick per contestant
2) air cooled includes fans
3) it will be for 24 hours     Have to delay start of  it Maybe the  Sat 21st
4) i like this question  and it was going to be the fastest stick ie most shares but because I like the question.
  there will be 2 prizes
A) most shares in 24 hours B) highest share in 24 hours.
5)the prize is wait for it : a compac stick

Excellent thanks for your answers I'm glad you liked my question Cheesy.

1). Ok
2). Ok
3). Ok
4). (a)(b) Nice Smiley
5). Great prize!!! Grin

Count me in Cheesy.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Or if you got 1A per port, Y-cable would put you to 2A.

This.  My hub is rated at 1A per port and when I exceed 1A I see the voltage start to drop, so a Y cable will let me push it to 2A per stick.

I also have 1 stick on an old laptop and those ports just barely provide 0.5A, so I'm using a cable there so the stick on that computer can run at 262freq for ~ 14GH/s.
Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Out of curiosity when would you use a USB Y cable? I'm getting pretty good speeds from my USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 hubs but also have some USB Y cables laying around too. Didnt know whether its worth combining anything?

Forgot to say, I'm pointing 2TH rental at 1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX.hedgy73stick for 24 hours Smiley.

If you had a hub that only put out ~ 0.5A per port and you wanted to do an over clock on the stick, use the Y-cable to draw ~ 0.5A from 2 ports for ~ 1A total (going to have a little loss probably, so say ~ 0.97A).

Or if you got 1A per port, Y-cable would put you to 2A.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
If I rented some hash should I point it to my stick address ( http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX.hedgy73stick ) or do I need a donation address setting up?

we talked about it during the last run.  I mentioned it helps track sticks, but  I think in this run mixing sticks and donated would be fine.

So if you are not planing to try the overclock contest I would just lump it together.

Ok great thanks Smiley.

Basically it is the best share total for 1 stick during 24 hours. Must show a screen shot or photo of the cgminer.

it has an A of 103370

24 hours would be up and you would take a screen shot showing the gui with no crash and cryptoglance's accounting for you

1) the over clock will be only one stick per contestant
2) air cooled includes fans
3) it will be for 24 hours     Have to delay start of  it Maybe the  Sat 21st
4) i like this question  and it was going to be the fastest stick ie most shares but because I like the question.
  there will be 2 prizes
A) most shares in 24 hours B) highest share in 24 hours.
5)the prize is wait for it : a compac stick
legendary

Out of curiosity when would you use a USB Y cable? I'm getting pretty good speeds from my USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 hubs but also have some USB Y cables laying around too. Didnt know whether its worth combining anything?

Forgot to say, I'm pointing 2TH rental at 1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX.hedgy73stick for 24 hours Smiley.
legendary

Ok great thanks Smiley.

it has an A of 103370

legendary
no worries  we can hold off a bit.

I have to deal with avalon6's the next 3 to 5 days.

I am still not sure what is going to happen as of today with them. It does look like I could get tied up and need to run around like mad.

I will know more by friday.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1274

Did you order them from Amazon?  If so you probably got them from the same Chinese seller I did, and not realizing they ship via a super slow boat until weeks after I ordered I was pretty bummed that I didn't notice sooner.  To top it off they only sent me 1 of the 4 Y cables I ordered, so I am currently waiting another ~3 weeks for the remaining cables to show up.
legendary
legendary

Ok great thanks Smiley.

it has an A of 103370

legendary

we talked about it during the last run.  I mentioned it helps track sticks, but  I think in this run mixing sticks and donated would be fine.

If you  enter the contest you can do a second account at that time.

Ok great thanks Smiley.

legendary

we talked about it during the last run.  I mentioned it helps track sticks, but  I think in this run mixing sticks and donated would be fine.

If you  enter the contest you can do a second account at that time.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1722
Ahhh, kk sweet thanks I'll see what he wants to do.
legendary
I bought 6 more sticks, a few for people at work.

I am going to host all of them but one, can he mine under spazzdlastick1  ?

The payout would be 1/30th / 2 to me and my "group? then our total shares / total shares * 12.5 BTC(at 25BTC payout) ?

So .416 BTC + shares earned btc?

Or should I get them to sign up to the forum and join the pool?  (Well the ones I am not hosting the miners for.)

no  your math is off.

we are at 33 stick owners.

so we are 1/33 of the part A

part A =12 coins
part B = 12 coins
block winner gets block fees
ck gets a fee of .125
we have .75 left we tip ck .125 more
and .625 goes to side hack for development of pods.

as to whether you can add a friend  and dilute us to 1/34 of part a yes you can.

But he needs to open a membership on the forum and have his own forum name  like =   newguy

say            btcaddress.newguystick
Pages:
Jump to: