Pages:
Author

Topic: Novello Technologies new Mining System Project, prices as low as $0.3/GH - page 5. (Read 40562 times)

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Has there been one ASIC delivered on time, as promised? I'm not joking. Has there been?
ASICMiner?

And Bitmain as well as Spondoolies-Tech IIRC.

ASICMiner, Avalon, BitFury, KnC, Bitmain, Spondoolies, all basically delivered on time on spec for their first round of products. (some were a little late, but much better specs, so it's no real difference)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Anyone still not convinced this a scam?

OP has written a short novel worth of vague evasive answers.

Tons and tons of claims and literally not a single peice of evidence.

This "ipo thread" consists entirely of 50% bold unsubstantiated claims, 25% self contradiction, and 25% ignorance regarding bitcoin/mining.

Even if this "team" is capable of designing/producing such an asic, they have demonstrated extreme incompetence on the business/PR side of things.

My final evaluation:

90% chance it's a scam
5% chance it's a real company which fails to deliver anything
4.9% chance this company delivers underperforming/delayed hardware

0.1% they deliver on time/on spec (being optimistic here)

Well, I delivered a challenge to you, bully boy. You seem to have ignored it, Strange that you jump on all our other posts but wait until we go offline to deliver your usual prose. I'd really like to meet you in person to see if you actually have something constructive to say about anything instead of being critical of everything that doesn't suit you.

But I guess you'll come up with some excuse, won't you? It's a shame because you seem so determined to prove us wrong. I'm actually a bit disappointed that you don't still rate us at 100%, it gives me a lot less of a challenge, and I like challenges - I'm a real engineer, after all.

No one here has to prove anything.  Last I checked, he wasn't asking you for 4.2 million dollars.  You're asking for 4.2 million dollars with no strings attached, no contract guaranteeing delivery, no nothing, and the only thing you can do to respond to that is attach the people who question it, and make ridiculous claims about our ulterior motives.  At least the bums on the street who ask for free money don't pretend they will eventually pay it back.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
probably 1 yr.
60 PH are already rolling of the line, per fc.

You haven't been on online forums much I take it.
We all went through same epiphany at one point or another.

Probably true. Just felt that it might be worth throwing out there.....

Did you get a chance to look at my reply to your query about AM? We're very interested in getting feedback on the whole network growth scenario
I think you should assume 1400-1600 pt produced by AM.

Again you're probably right, but over what timescale? At roundabout 990PH the electricity cost - even at 4  cents per kWh - is the same as the amount earned (at Btc = $500). If you have any other information relevant to this that you'd like to share with us, we'd be most grateful. Not to use against AM, I hasten to add, they have ever right to exist and make money the same any other asic companies. i did like their new and the concept, it's a real shame that it didn't come in at the planned power specs. Still, they have plenty of time to take another pop at it.

And that's a lot of PH. How does the community feel about that? If it gets deployed quick enough - and I assume Mr. Cat is clever enough to have built that into his plan - then in a month or two your earnings are going to be probably half of what they are now.

This "ipo thread" consists entirely of 50% bold unsubstantiated claims, 25% self contradiction, and 25% ignorance regarding bitcoin/mining.

Even if this "team" is capable of designing/producing such an asic, they have demonstrated extreme incompetence on the business/PR side of things.

My final evaluation:

90% chance it's a scam

Well, I delivered a challenge to you, bully boy. You seem to have ignored it, Strange that you jump on all our other posts but wait until we go offline to deliver your usual prose. I'd really like to meet you in person to see if you actually have something constructive to say about anything instead of being critical of everything that doesn't suit you.

But I guess you'll come up with some excuse, won't you? It's a shame because you seem so determined to prove us wrong. I'm actually a bit disappointed that you don't still rate us at 100%, it gives me a lot less of a challenge, and I like challenges - I'm a real engineer, after all.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

Has there been one ASIC delivered on time, as promised? I'm not joking. Has there been?
ASICMiner?

And Bitmain as well as Spondoolies-Tech IIRC.
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!

ASICMiner?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I am a watable wat

donator
probably 1 yr.
60 PH are already rolling of the line, per fc.

Did you get a chance to look at my reply to your query about AM? We're very interested in getting feedback on the whole network growth scenario

Again you're probably right, but over what timescale? At roundabout 990PH the electricity cost - even at 4  cents per kWh - is the same as the amount earned (at Btc = $500). If you have any other information relevant to this that you'd like to share with us, we'd be most grateful. Not to use against AM, I hasten to add, they have ever right to exist and make money the same any other asic companies. i did like their new and the concept, it's a real shame that it didn't come in at the planned power specs. Still, they have plenty of time to take another pop at it.
donator
snip

90% chance it's a scam

snip

it doesn't matter how you arrange percentages and descriptions of these 3 categories, any combo is fatal.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509

My final evaluation:

90% chance it's a scam

I like the concept of your proposal but you are asking for $4.2 million in funding using the Indiegoo flexible funding option. I will keep my eye on it and see if you can cross the threshold because I am not interested in funding an underfunded project where you get to keep the investment money even if you do not have the required funds to complete development.

Good luck!

Thanks for your post. We chose flexible funding because it will also give our customers a choice...if we had said we want $2m, no one would have believed we could fund chip development AND fulfill orders out of that amount. So we ask for what we need. If it's all or nothing, then we fail and a lot of people will be disappointed. If we use flexible funding, we might secure funds from elsewhere or use a backup plan which we'll present to our customers to see if they want to go ahead. If they say no, then we don't take the money from Indiegogo and it gets refunded to their cards.

It's a perfectly reasonable way to go about things.

But thanks for your good wishes, we really do hope we can get the chance to prove what we can do.
donator

All info is public wrt AM, just a lot of pages to read through...
Their chip actually is within spec, however first manufacturing attempts by device makers haven't fully utilized it.  There's one manufacturer that is coming close however... As the others improve their fw, power will drop on AM chip.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I am a watable wat
I like the concept of your proposal but you are asking for $4.2 million in funding using the Indiegoo flexible funding option. I will keep my eye on it and see if you can cross the threshold because I am not interested in funding an underfunded project where you get to keep the investment money even if you do not have the required funds to complete development.

Good luck!

donator

I know this is going way off topic, but I thought it might be worth putting up.

In many of the threads on this forum, including ours, many posters use what I can only describe as repugnant language, and constantly deliver insults and accusations to those that don't agree with their point of view, and encorage others to do so. This behaviour is not unique to this forum, of course, it happens in many other on line forums, and is in effect bullying by proxy. Many young people have taken their own lives because of it throughout the world, and that's a terrible indictment on the state of our society.

I previously was a volunteer with the UK Samaritans, it's a unique charity set up to provide people in distress a means by which they can talk to someone at any time, night or day and they will listen to them. No judgement and importantly, no advice, it's just someone who will try to help the caller come to terms with their situation. It's all done by phone, and it's free to call them.

In recent years the amount of people calling them about cyber bullying has rocketed, and that's very sad. It's difficult to deal with, particularly amongst young people. Now there are clearly a lot of younger people on this forum, and I'm not suggesting for a moment that any of them are at the stage where they want to commit suicide, but constant bullying by other community members can have a damaging effect on a young mind.

Now I'll publicly say to all the trolls, shills, oafs and wanabee cyber bullies that inhabit this forum that you can send whatever hateful messages, insults and insinuations you can dream up to me or to our company all day long, it's water off a duck's back because we've probably heard it all before and will do again. We're fair game, and we're adults.

But to other forum members I'd ask that you might consider carefully the language you use towards other members in your communication - you have no idea who is on the other end, and think about how you might feel if you were spoken to that way. Remember that as  community we are viewed by outsiders and the way we conduct our communications in our forum does not always give the right impression.

Any intelligent person enjoys a good, open discussion or argument. You can argue your point and put it across in a polite manner, and it will carry a great deal more weight if you do. It will earn you far more respect than threats and putting people down.

donator
I know this is going way off topic, but I thought it might be worth putting up.

In many of the threads on this forum, including ours, many posters use what I can only describe as repugnant language, and constantly deliver insults and accusations to those that don't agree with their point of view, and encorage others to do so. This behaviour is not unique to this forum, of course, it happens in many other on line forums, and is in effect bullying by proxy. Many young people have taken their own lives because of it throughout the world, and that's a terrible indictment on the state of our society.

I previously was a volunteer with the UK Samaritans, it's a unique charity set up to provide people in distress a means by which they can talk to someone at any time, night or day and they will listen to them. No judgement and importantly, no advice, it's just someone who will try to help the caller come to terms with their situation. It's all done by phone, and it's free to call them.

In recent years the amount of people calling them about cyber bullying has rocketed, and that's very sad. It's difficult to deal with, particularly amongst young people. Now there are clearly a lot of younger people on this forum, and I'm not suggesting for a moment that any of them are at the stage where they want to commit suicide, but constant bullying by other community members can have a damaging effect on a young mind.

Now I'll publicly say to all the trolls, shills, oafs and wanabee cyber bullies that inhabit this forum that you can send whatever hateful messages, insults and insinuations you can dream up to me or to our company all day long, it's water off a duck's back because we've probably heard it all before and will do again. We're fair game, and we're adults.

But to other forum members I'd ask that you might consider carefully the language you use towards other members in your communication - you have no idea who is on the other end, and think about how you might feel if you were spoken to that way. Remember that as  community we are viewed by outsiders and the way we conduct our communications in our forum does not always give the right impression.

Any intelligent person enjoys a good, open discussion or argument. You can argue your point and put it across in a polite manner, and it will carry a great deal more weight if you do. It will earn you far more respect than threats and putting people down.

Long time listener, first time caller.

My view is that the people calling "scam" / "fail" etc, are the ones who shelled out big money for BFL rigs and KNC rigs, that have been nothing but headaches. They paid HUGE pre-order prices, saw KNC and BFL mine with their money and are disgruntled. Now, they are playing the extreme skeptics and naysayers.

This is an opportunity for a start up company, to be funded and prove its product. You KNOW right up front, that you are FUNDING this project (and not Josh's new house bought with BTC or KNC's data center) and you get a product out of your support. All these "pre orders" have been much different than this offer. These guys are transparent and TELLING you the roadmap to their product. How many other scammers can you list that have been this transparent? Please list them with details of their proposals.

I am in no way associated to Novello. I have contributed 500 to the project.

So, if you aren't here to support this idea, please go be cynical somewhere else that has PROVEN being scammers with their lack of delivery on their promised delivery dates and sent out miners full of used and broken parts.

Just because YOU said so, let me contribute as well...zero.
Transparency-asked about team, NO ANSWER
Transparency about project-product: loads of info nothing special
Transparency maybe because they are VAT and LTD registered? I DONT THINK SO

I don't know for sure if they are here to run with BTC or to deliver product.
But after what we have seen in the past and how big registered companys was screwing people over BTC i think a bit of scepticism is nothing wrong.
If you think within let say 5 months they can deliver working product which will meet criteria and will not be useless like jalapeno etc my view on your person is clear.
Dream on. They have nothing in hands, and i can see that they will not get anything here. Indigogo will not succeed neither so....
Problem is that to much to read and newbies will be scared to invest. Enough to read for users with knowledge but they are so experienced that they will not put anything in to that project.

I might be worng and said Good Luck.
If product will be ready to buy i will check it out myself but for now this boat is long gone.

Thanks for your post(s), and you're welcome to your opinions. I'm pretty sure we made out clearly in our prospectus exactly what we want to do, and how to go about it. If you don't understand bits of it, please ask and I'll do my best to explain; perhaps you're not used to seeing a proposal put down in this way, that's understandable. It's certainly a different approach to the one page efforts that have gone before.

So please have another read. I'm here to help.

My view is that the people calling "scam" / "fail" etc, are the ones who shelled out big money for BFL rigs and KNC rigs, that have been nothing but headaches. They paid HUGE pre-order prices, saw KNC and BFL mine with their money and are disgruntled. Now, they are playing the extreme skeptics and naysayers.

This is an opportunity for a start up company, to be funded and prove its product. You KNOW right up front, that you are FUNDING this project (and not Josh's new house bought with BTC or KNC's data center) and you get a product out of your support. All these "pre orders" have been much different than this offer. These guys are transparent and TELLING you the roadmap to their product. How many other scammers can you list that have been this transparent? Please list them with details of their proposals.

So, if you aren't here to support this idea, please go be cynical somewhere else that has PROVEN being scammers with their lack of delivery on their promised delivery dates and sent out miners full of used and broken parts.

Thanks for your contribution, we will not let you down. We appreciate your support and comments, but we also recognise other peoples right to be cynical of new companies. We'll try to answer any sensible query or question, and will do so in a professional and courteous manner.

We don't really want to comment on what other companies have or haven't done as we were not one of their customers. Its true that many start ups can get overwhelmed if they get huge amounts of capital to play with, and to be fair to some of those companies they probably had never run a business before and couldn't anticipate the problems they would face in mass production.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

Just because YOU said so, let me contribute as well...zero.
Transparency-asked about team, NO ANSWER
Transparency about project-product: loads of info nothing special
Transparency maybe because they are VAT and LTD registered? I DONT THINK SO

I don't know for sure if they are here to run with BTC or to deliver product.
But after what we have seen in the past and how big registered companys was screwing people over BTC i think a bit of scepticism is nothing wrong.
If you think within let say 5 months they can deliver working product which will meet criteria and will not be useless like jalapeno etc my view on your person is clear.
Dream on. They have nothing in hands, and i can see that they will not get anything here. Indigogo will not succeed neither so....
Problem is that to much to read and newbies will be scared to invest. Enough to read for users with knowledge but they are so experienced that they will not put anything in to that project.

I might be wrong and will say Good Luck.
If product will be ready to buy i will check it out myself but for now this boat is long gone.
Pages:
Jump to: