Pages:
Author

Topic: [Now Funded] Help build a better Bitcoin logo! - page 6. (Read 35220 times)

Activity: 352
Merit: 250
@ Gyrsur

Nice Avatar & good idea Wink
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
Nothing in this thread so far beats the current logo. Not even close. Until something comes close, they are all useless. That's my opinion anyway.
A professional designer will be working with me on it starting Tuesday. You ain't seen nothing yet Wink

Damm I tought I was on a winning design path :p Hope the designer can come up with something nice.
Just wondering if he is working 'pre-paid', so I still have a chance if I design some more Smiley

The design is awesome, the text: Global Digital Currency is perfect. But the double B paranoia is just stupid. Even my wife said that she preferred the previous version with the "Bitcoin", and the "itcoin" version looks a bit circumsized.

Thanks Smiley Personally also liked the Bitcoin in full. Also gives the opportunity to use the -B in the logo.
Made a version of the 'Bitcoin accepted here' button

Wow. That looks amazing.

I don't like the color Sad
Really? It looks clean and fresh to me. Very professional also.

accepted!  Grin
Sure this is with the original orange color.

Activity: 800

Stunning, but simple enough for a multitude of use-cases. Definitely my favorite so far, dunno if I'd take it over the original though... but maybe that's just because of attachment.  Grin

EDIT:
Could you make a version with the color of the classic orange coin? Curious as to how that would look.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Nothing in this thread so far beats the current logo. Not even close. Until something comes close, they are all useless. That's my opinion anyway.
A professional designer will be working with me on it starting Tuesday. You ain't seen nothing yet Wink

Damm I tought I was on a winning design path :p Hope the designer can come up with something nice.
Just wondering if he is working 'pre-paid', so I still have a chance if I design some more Smiley

The design is awesome, the text: Global Digital Currency is perfect. But the double B paranoia is just stupid. Even my wife said that she preferred the previous version with the "Bitcoin", and the "itcoin" version looks a bit circumsized.

Thanks Smiley Personally also liked the Bitcoin in full. Also gives the opportunity to use the -B in the logo.

Wow. That looks amazing.

Really? It looks clean and fresh to me. Very professional also.
Activity: 800
IMHO, Ƀitcoin looks more professional than BTCitcoin. The thing is, BTC is much easier to identify as a currency for someone who has never heard of BTC before, because of its similarity to the $. Even so, by changing to the Ƀ newcomers might mentally put more distance between the USD and Bitcoin. It might not have a huge effect, but it may have an effect nonetheless.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
(:firstbits => "1mantis")

Wow. That looks amazing.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423

Wow. That looks amazing.
donator
Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
"Global Digital Currency" sounds like NWO currency.  Embarrassed Something like "P2P" which implies that there is no central authority should remain in it.
Most people who would understand what p2p means and the implications therein don't need it in the logo...those that won't understand it wouldn't be all that interested in the decentralized aspect of Bitcoin anyway. Anyhow, multiple logo options are likely anyhow.
Activity: 420
forgive me, but: groan.
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001
Here you go: "P2P Global Digital Currency"
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
"Global Digital Currency" sounds like NWO currency.  Embarrassed Something like "P2P" which implies that there is no central authority should remain in it.

legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001
donator
Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)

Good. That's what I thought was supposed to be the point of this, the thread has derailed into a bounty competition which I think simply won't work for something that simply has to be really good, not just good. It's never bad to throw around ideas though, it can at least help to see what isn't a good idea. Smiley

I've learned a little bit about graphic design from this thread...And its really a lot more complex than I realized. The ||B logo stands head and shoulders above all the other logos in the thread...It's got a lot of good ideas built into it.  If what we've seen is nothing so far, I can't wait to see what is in store.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

Good. That's what I thought was supposed to be the point of this, the thread has derailed into a bounty competition which I think won't work for something that simply has to be really good, not just good. It's never bad to throw around ideas though, it can at least help to see what isn't a good idea. Smiley
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
Possible replacements for BTC that are included in UTF:

@ (Bitcoin is doing to money what email did to letters, so why not borrow email's style?)
ʙ   LATIN LETTER SMALL CAPITAL B (U+0299)
B   GREEK CAPITAL LETTER BETA (U+0392)
β   GREEK SMALL LETTER BETA (U+03B2)   ceb2
Ɓ   LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B WITH HOOK (U+0181)   c681
Ƃ   LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B WITH TOPBAR (U+0182)   c682
ƀ   LATIN SMALL LETTER B WITH STROKE (U+0180)   c680
ƃ   LATIN SMALL LETTER B WITH TOPBAR (U+0183)   c683
Ƅ   LATIN CAPITAL LETTER TONE SIX (U+0184)   c684
Ƀ   LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B WITH STROKE (U+0243)   c983
ɓ   LATIN SMALL LETTER B WITH HOOK (U+0253)   c993
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
Pages:
Jump to: