Pages:
Author

Topic: [Now Funded] Help build a better Bitcoin logo! - page 9. (Read 35220 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
Good job Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
that is looking EXCELLENT.
Activity: 352
Merit: 250
Thanks Wink
Made a black/white version and works great this way.
Signing of for the night but will be back tomorrow.  Smiley

donator
Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
May I suggest you try to come up with different shapes?

Sure Smiley
Made this one with the same front design but changed the back. Looks a lot more like a B now imo.
Other shapes may be also good but not really seeing a good one turning up in my sketches.

But I really like this one myself.

the lines going vertical could be striped orange and green, and seem to connect to the rest of the shape, looking like a folded paper, or something

I love how this is turning out. The logo part still doesn't shout "hey, this is money" like the $ or old logo did...I very much like the look of this one though ...
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
What's with the 3 pattern? 3 lines, the 3 shape. What about just moving the largest line over and attaching it to the shape, so it forms a B?

It should represent a B. But I added a extra line to make it more clear.
better, but I made a picture to explain what I mean.

what software are you using btw?

The software I use is Adobe Illustrator. So all this is in vector so the thing that is expected for a professorial logo.
I change the colors a little bit and I think this way you better see the '3D cube'. Looks quite nice if I say so myself Cheesy

Nice, now it looks like a box kite, you could make it float up in the air with a "cloud" and since the box kite shape is open you could have some stuff flowing through it to show its open source or something.
What's with the 3 pattern? 3 lines, the 3 shape. What about just moving the largest line over and attaching it to the shape, so it forms a B?

It should represent a B. But I added a extra line to make it more clear.

The software I use is Adobe Illustrator. So all this is in vector so the thing that is expected for a professorial logo.
I change the colors a little bit and I think this way you better see the '3D cube'. Looks quite nice if I say so myself Cheesy

legendary
Hello!
Here you go Smiley

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
Here you go Smiley

legendary
Hello!
Good idea. Think this is a nice way to do it.
Not to much so the logo keeps it clean look.

maybe make the orange part of the striped part darker (like where two orange parts overlap) to give it a fake 3d look
Good idea. Think this is a nice way to do it.
Not to much so the logo keeps it clean look.

legendary
Hello!

Sure Smiley
Made this one with the same front design but changed the back. Looks a lot more like a B now imo.
Other shapes may be also good but not really seeing a good one turning up in my sketches.

the lines going vertical could be striped orange and green, and seem to connect to the rest of the shape, looking like a folded paper, or something

Sure Smiley

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
I'm a little concerned about the 't' -- it looks immature. Other than that though it looks great (I prefer the first design). I absolutely love the colors. If it's too similar to bluetooth, you could chop off part of the top and bottom (to look like the top and bottom halves of an octagon).
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
timbo is definitely on to something.
aq
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
This one is still my favorite. Why change to something else?

Excellent, once you convert this to vector you should absolutely get paid the full reward Grin
donator
Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
Thanks for all the great feedback. Glad you like it.  Grin
So I did 3 other ones. Changed the logo a little bit to test some possible other combinations. Also got rid of the TM.
It all still looks abstract but I feel like this is the thing it sepperating it from all others. Also like said by stardust it has a fits the symbolism of the blockchain.
Changed the T in the original font to be a little bit less aggressive and also did one with the ubuntu font.

This isn't finished in anyway but I thought I'll share it Smiley

I like option 1
Thanks for all the great feedback. Glad you like it.  Grin
So I did 3 other ones. Changed the logo a little bit to test some possible other combinations. Also got rid of the TM.
It all still looks abstract but I feel like this is the thing it sepperating it from all others. Also like said by stardust it has a fits the symbolism of the blockchain.
Changed the T in the original font to be a little bit less aggressive and also did one with the ubuntu font.

This isn't finished in anyway but I thought I'll share it Smiley

Activity: 189
Merit: 100
Well let me try this. Something totally different than others so some may not like it.
But some constructive criticism is always welcome. I tried to mimic the bitcoin B with simple shapes.
Used the orange of the 'old' logo and combined it with an other matching color. Gives it a calm impression imo.
Hope you like it  Wink

I like it, it also fits symbolizing the blockchain. I don't like the font, I think the ubuntu font is better, but the abstract logo is perfect.
Pages:
Jump to: