Pages:
Author

Topic: Now is the time to go all-in with maximum leverage - page 2. (Read 4006 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Going max leverage is risky, and probably shouldn't be done with any single investment. Lots of people lost their shirts this week with GTAT, go online to read some of the sob stories.

You sound quite pessimistic for your daring name!

No, I'm always for going all in with bitcoin, but going max leverage is risky, in case of a black swan event. You never know, right?
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Going max leverage is risky, and probably shouldn't be done with any single investment. Lots of people lost their shirts this week with GTAT, go online to read some of the sob stories.

You sound quite pessimistic for your daring name!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
OP, you should at least remind people to put a wise stop loss. Right now it's 320$ and if support at 275$
won't hold after the consolidation ends, it's going to be a landslide, and max leveraged longs will lose all.
If support at 275$ will hold and a double bottom will form, then it may be worth risking max leverage long.

this battle at $300 reminds me very much of the battle at $3. was the same sentiment, the final border etc, if it gets breached all is lost, and of course it did get breached, and went to $2.22 and many things happened after that...

but my point being - now looking back at that month it seems like we were kids playing in a sandbox. $2 $3 who the hell cares should've just bought you MORONS.

But how come "this time it's always different"? Is it because I am not destined to make a profit?

"profit comes to those who have patience" - investing age wisdom 101.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting
OP, you should at least remind people to put a wise stop loss. Right now it's 320$ and if support at 275$
won't hold after the consolidation ends, it's going to be a landslide, and max leveraged longs will lose all.
If support at 275$ will hold and a double bottom will form, then it may be worth risking max leverage long.

this battle at $300 reminds me very much of the battle at $3. was the same sentiment, the final border etc, if it gets breached all is lost, and of course it did get breached, and went to $2.22 and many things happened after that...

but my point being - now looking back at that month it seems like we were kids playing in a sandbox. $2 $3 who the hell cares should've just bought you MORONS.

But how come "this time it's always different"? Is it because I am not destined to make a profit?
ask
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
Might just do that. Sounds like an interesting tip, seems like I can take your word for it!

NEVER use max leverage! Control  your greed.
Activity: 336
Activity: 45
Might just do that. Sounds like an interesting tip, seems like I can take your word for it!
Activity: 126
Its pretty obvious that Pirimida has lost a fortune at current prices. Ruined, and hes trying to hide it from his family.

I'm not sure you can count to 10.

example (2013):
You can buy 1.1.2013 at $12-13 (let's say 10 btc -> you invest $130)
Then you can sell in december @ $1100 (let's say 1 btc -> you withdraw $1100)

USD profit: $1100 - $130 => $970  ( 7 x your investment )
BTC profit: 9 btc ( @ $300 it is $2700 => 20 x your investment )

Whats the point of giving indications of past performance? Those highs only happened because of mt gox & their willy bot... These levels will never be reached again!

It was not just gox, the prices were real, at least the biggest part of them.

Actually no, the exchanges follow each other more or less, only off by a couple %'s max... Gox was way ahead of others no matter what. This was from all the fake money being poured in. Read up!!
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
please dont go in all leverage, not the next 24 hrs.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
There is now an incredible amount of smart money in Bitcoin:
http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/dealbook/2014/10/06/blockchain-is-latest-bitcoin-start-up-to-lure-big-investment/

Bitcoin is not just the playground of speculators, the reality is that the best programmers and most powerful business people in the world see the potential in Bitcoin.

Whose playground is it now if not of the speculators?
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Hopefully they can use some of that money to fix all the bugs and glitches that started after the database outage earlier in the year. Didn't realise Ben Reeves was still involved. The whole thing ran much more smoothly when it was just his one man band.

EDIT: Maybe they can start by fixing their incredible accurate graphs

Well that graph may or may not be inaccurate as it is one that shows how much a specific address received per day and it would be possible that it received large amounts on several days.

I would speculate that blockchain will use much of it's new funding to build new features and products.

I do not think it is wise to use leverage with bitcoin as it makes it easy for you to lose everything when you see even a modest price decline you could get a margin call
legendary
Merit: 1010
Borsche
Its pretty obvious that Pirimida has lost a fortune at current prices. Ruined, and hes trying to hide it from his family.

He and others were advocating noobs to buy when we were up over $1'000 USD last year, so lots of people underwater here, it make them very irritable at non-believers so they call "troll". In their deepest hart they still believe, only hold more and problem will be fixed  Undecided

You have proof or talking out of your ass as usual? If you are, please stop, it smells.

As for "lost a fortune", yeah, right. I have much more btc now than at the beginning of 2014, and much more usd than at the beginning of 2013, that would be all you need to know unless you're from IRS Smiley

I'm telling you now, silly, if you also want to be rich, the time to invest would be now. If you don't have much, well, try to push your luck and wait for lower prices, sure. Just don't complain later on about unfair distribution and early adoption, you poor bastard. You are blowing chance after chance to become one.
legendary
Activity: 854

example (2013):

Whats the point of giving indications of past performance? Those highs only happened because of mt gox & their willy bot... These levels will never be reached again!

It was not just gox, the prices were real, at least the biggest part of them.
Activity: 126

example (2013):

legendary
Activity: 1400

example (2013):

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265
that means its time tu buy or time to sell?

Doesn't matter, result will be the same....

All-in is the keyword.
Activity: 37
that means its time tu buy or time to sell?
legendary

He and others were advocating noobs to buy when we were up over $1'000 USD last year, so lots of people underwater here, it make them very irritable at non-believers so they call "troll". In their deepest hart they still believe, only hold more and problem will be fixed  Undecided

Not why newbie trolls who clearly don't have a pot to piss in (hence messing around with leverage) are arguing that pirimida is ruined and hating on him because he is a bull. You are all bulls too, but just don't want to admit it.

He was posting on this forum when btc was sub 5 dollars. Even today when we are 70% down from ATH and trading at just 330 dollars he is so massively up that you little minnows can never hope to catch up. You know it of course and it hurts!

Edit: Leverage is fun but not recommended unless you want to turn a large amount of money into a small one. Hint to the superstar traders on here: noone thinks they will lose their trading account (you can beat the market right?), but in the end 90% do.
Activity: 688
Merit: 500
ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!
I wish I could be bothered to learn about this trading stuff.

is there any noob guide?

but maybe I should stay clear.
Activity: 215
Pages:
Jump to: