Pages:
Author

Topic: NPlusMiner - |MultiRig remote management|AI|Autoupdate|Pool/Algo switching - page 18. (Read 37336 times)

Activity: 514
Merit: 11
Otherwise though, @MrPlus, to look at profitability a different way - what are the quickest maturing coins / algos?

For example Verge @ Ahashpool is something like 260 confirmations... so by the time the coin matures the price has a lot of time to fluctuate... whereas something that only needs 80 confirmations might have a better of chance of fetching the price you mined it at...?

This is interesting thinking. The thing is that the pool API do not provide the info to do such calculations.
Even if possible, once the block is found, you still need hours before coins are exchanged. So I am not sure it will change much.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
Otherwise though, @MrPlus, to look at profitability a different way - what are the quickest maturing coins / algos?

For example Verge @ Ahashpool is something like 260 confirmations... so by the time the coin matures the price has a lot of time to fluctuate... whereas something that only needs 80 confirmations might have a better of chance of fetching the price you mined it at...?
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
Got one more issue - sometimes ccminer stops working or crashes. Does this miner check hash or something like that? Last time it froze for an hour. I can use watchdog, but it will reboot the system and reset the estimates.

btw, the difference between estimates and real income is around 30-40% for zergpool and ahashpool. Looks too much for me. Is it okay for pools to be that optimistic?

Could be overclocked too much.
This is the same point that I was making recently - 'what is stability?' ... I'll have a NemosPlus instance running for 9 days and then suddenly come up with a ccminer failure on a "known stable" algo / OC.
Power Targets are constant, ambient temp similar, surge arrestor in the electrical panel.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
Got one more issue - sometimes ccminer stops working or crashes. Does this miner check hash or something like that? Last time it froze for an hour. I can use watchdog, but it will reboot the system and reset the estimates.

btw, the difference between estimates and real income is around 30-40% for zergpool and ahashpool. Looks too much for me. Is it okay for pools to be that optimistic?

Could be overclocked too much.
Activity: 378

Using BTC.  Yes it does show up in the GUI, but not in the Console.

Thanks
On Zergpool I'm not getting daily average payout.  New copy of v2.2 from release and running more than 24hs.  I haven't tried other pools.

Code:
Average BTC/D                    BTC =  | mBTC =

Is the GUI showing it?
Are you using BTC or other currency?
https://github.com/MrPlusGH/NPlusMiner/issues/63
On Zergpool I'm not getting daily average payout.  New copy of v2.2 from release and running more than 24hs.  I haven't tried other pools.

Code:
Average BTC/D                    BTC =  | mBTC =

Still experimenting, will repost.
Two more questions:
1. I wanted to run two instances of the miner on the same rig, but the ccminer is conflicting with each other. So I had to run one miner activating only 6 of the GPUs. I changed config.json changing these:
"SelGPUCC":  "2,3,4,5,6,7",
"SelGPUDSTM":  "2 3 4 5 6 7"

But the miner changed the config itself, changing these values to 0...5. Had to make the config file read-only, now it works.

What else can i do for this?

2. If using with nicehash miner, should i turn off cpu mining to lower cpu usage? Increased RAM for the rig, now working much faster.

Well, I have tried this for several hours, the problem is the same - while mining with several miners to the same wallet, they don't calculate the revenues correctly and therefore don't switch.

However, right now i started them simultaneously, and the numbers are the same. Shall wait for a couple hours and then report.

Thanks.
Let me know how that goes. I do not have the same problem on my rigs so i'd like to find if there is anything particular with yours.
BrainPlus is using the past hour of data to build its calculations. So past that time. They should all have very close estimations.

MrPlus
Well, I have tried this for several hours, the problem is the same - while mining with several miners to the same wallet, they don't calculate the revenues correctly and therefore don't switch.

However, right now i started them simultaneously, and the numbers are the same. Shall wait for a couple hours and then report.
I'm running the miner on 2 rigs, both 1080s. Miners are using the same wallet. They are showing different numbers on algo revenues (BTC/GH/day). https://c2n.me/3Tvb7Lm
How can that happen?

How much is the runtime for both instances?
When running Plus, it needs a learning curve. Leave it a bit more than a hour and both should show similar estimates.

MrPlus
It is okay that they are showing different benchmarks. They are showing dofferent numbers for BTC/GH/day, which is taken from the pool and therefore should be the same. The problem is that they don't calculate the revenue right and therefore dont switch.
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
I'm running the miner on 2 rigs, both 1080s. Miners are using the same wallet. They are showing different numbers on algo revenues (BTC/GH/day). https://c2n.me/3Tvb7Lm
How can that happen?

Looks like they're showing different benchmarked speeds for the algos.

Maybe something was effecting one rigs hashrates when the benchmark was run? Different overclocks or something?

If you're sure the rigs should perform the same you could always copy the benchmarks from one machine to the other and then they should run on the same algo.
How can that happen?
Late summer feature request:

AMD version or support.  AMD will be selling their Navi 7nm GPU in the second half of 2018.  It will be low power, low price (abt $250), and run at GTX 1080 level.

Nvidia will also have their new GTX 11 series out by then.  Will see an increase in performance, but the price will be the same or more than the current GTX 1080 Ti.
Merit: 20
Tried to start the miner on another rig.
Computing pool stats..
Error contacting pool, retrying..

Get this message no matter which pool I select. The first rig works just fine (and even better).
I know that this issue has somehow been fixed before, so this might be a local problem on my side, but what's it?

Also got that issue when trying on my pool. Doesnt connect to pools for no reason. What logs do i need to show?

And is it possible to turn off some GPUs?
hi, what is this error and how can i fix this ?

https://pasteboard.co/HgHZiZn.jpg

Your stats folder is corrupted. Close NPlusMiner, Delete Stats Folder, Restart NPlusMiner.
powershell version is :

Name                           Value
----                           -----
PSVersion                      5.1.16299.98
PSEdition                      Desktop
PSCompatibleVersions           {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0...}
BuildVersion                   10.0.16299.98
CLRVersion                     4.0.30319.42000
WSManStackVersion              3.0
PSRemotingProtocolVersion      2.3
SerializationVersion           1.1.0.1

That's good.  I don't know what to try next.  MrPlus may be able to help.
Pages:
Jump to: