Pages:
Author

Topic: NSA Hacked - Bad publicity for Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 2845 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
August 18, 2016, 12:04:21 AM
We're not talking about the local police department.

If this is a genuine hack then they'll treat it like a training exercise and go after them.

You can bet your ass that no money is gonna change hands.

P1 training op

get me 3 humpty dumpty's

some ex military cutout's

and a coffee
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Don't follow the herd~make your own path
August 17, 2016, 11:32:34 PM
the bitcoin was developed by the NSA, the hacker has found a way to convert any BTC address  for a private key, so if the NSA will not pay ransom the secret of BTC will be unveiled and that is everyone who will lose and much more the NSA; and the hacker is only one NSA agent who have participated in the development of BTC.

the bitcoin was developed by the NSA,

I have no proof, but, I agree a little with what you said.  Although, people claim, BTC cannot be traced, I'm confident it can be traced in other ways, not just by the wallet addresses.

If anyone thinks NSA doesn't read this forum and others like it they should think twice  Shocked
Activity: 266
Don't follow the herd~make your own path
August 17, 2016, 11:20:23 PM
So yeah , It seems like a group associated with the NSA has been hacked "Equation-group" => http://fossbytes.com/nsa-hacked-by-shadow-brokers-equation-group/

The hacking group has  leaked some private hacking tools and exploits. The hackers are also asking for 1 million bitcoin (about $568 million) in an auction to release all the files.

Here are my three scenarios :

1. Satoshi Nakamoto is NSA and he is going to pay the 1 million Bitcoin.
2. NSA will buy 1 million Bitcoin and give us a nice increase in the price.
3. NSA won't do shit . (which is the thing likely to happen in this case)

I have a few of my own

The NSA doesn't get hacked unless it wants to. Think of it like this:  show weakness when you are strong.
Don't ever be surprised if the sweet old lunch lady isn't an Informant
NSA doesn't buy anything they take it by manipulation.
NSA is always doing shit whether it be small or large, they have been operating a LONG time before being called the NSA

*doubt this news is going to increase the price to anything noticeable*

If Bitcoin can avoid the bullshit that's strapped to it? It will go higher by 100 by end of the year.  Then hold around for a little while. Then go up by another 100 and hold for a little.  That's my free advice  Grin We can visit this post at a later date and see
Activity: 850
August 17, 2016, 11:18:54 PM
4. NSA hack the hackers, destroy evidence.
5. NSA has already hacked the hackers (we're all 0wned down to the hardware), just pinpoint them and destroy evidence.
6. NSA say meh, hackers don't disclose a bit, everyone forgets.

7. This is a political stunt to stop or regulate a wild currency that is just getting out of control and can't be stopped any other way.

I certainly wouldn't put it past them to do this.

And if it wasn't them doing it to themselves, the actual hackers will be caught. It's just a matter of time. I admire their ability but they picked the wrong entity to mess with.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 520
August 17, 2016, 11:13:46 PM
this is mostly bad for NSA not for bitcoin, they have been hacked and hackers are only receiving their payment that way as they have been receiving payments in the form of fiat in unmarked bills

There's something strange about the recent addresses sending money to that Bitcoin address the hackers take auction offers in. Someone has been generating vanity addresses to write the words of a pop song in them.

https://blockchain.info/address/19BY2XCgbDe6WtTVbTyzM9eR3LYr6VitWK

These are the most recent addresses in the same order as blockchain.info shows them.

1never9kNNkr27UseZSHnaEHg1z8v3Mbb
1gonnaV3MFNjymS4RGvUbHACstiS8aSYz
1giveGEk184Gwep2KT4UBPTcE9oqWzCVR
1youKBMLEohsexdZtkvnTzHnc4iU7Ffty
1upAbpBEWQ467QNT7i4vBMVPzSfQ3sqoQ
11etAyypstpXLQpTgoYmYzT8M2foBSBe1
1downAsBbRQcBfUj8rgQomqhRsNFf1jMo

wow, that is anice find.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
August 17, 2016, 11:13:06 PM
This is some Mr. Robot shit going on right here right now Shocked

How life imitates that show. Wink
Activity: 294
August 17, 2016, 11:10:50 PM
My bet would on the fact the NSA doesn't do shit.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
August 17, 2016, 11:06:23 PM
So yeah , It seems like a group associated with the NSA has been hacked "Equation-group" => http://fossbytes.com/nsa-hacked-by-shadow-brokers-equation-group/

The hacking group has  leaked some private hacking tools and exploits. The hackers are also asking for 1 million bitcoin (about $568 million) in an auction to release all the files.

If Satoshi's dormant wallets starts to move funds will that increase the demand for BTC or will that cause a collapse. My feelings are mixed on that one.

I do not think the NSA will do something like pay the hackers. That will only fund their group and they will encourage them to do more hacking. The most likely move for them is to look for the hackers and they should be scared. So the hackers right now has to options, hide and be offline forever or use those tools stolen to do more hacks.
Activity: 274
August 17, 2016, 10:50:20 PM
5. NSA has already hacked the hackers (we're all 0wned down to the hardware), just pinpoint them and destroy evidence.

7. This is a political stunt to stop or regulate a wild currency that is just getting out of control and can't be stopped any other way.
Activity: 378
August 17, 2016, 07:52:10 PM
Like you said it is unlikely than tNational Securi=ty would pay the ransom. It would expose them as weak and trivial compared to hackers. They are more likely to try and find the hackers rather than pay the 1 million Bitcoin.

Smiley
Activity: 392
we are still here and we will stay forever.
August 17, 2016, 07:00:27 PM
the bitcoin was developed by the NSA, the hacker has found a way to convert any BTC address  for a private key, so if the NSA will not pay ransom the secret of BTC will be unveiled and that is everyone who will lose and much more the NSA; and the hacker is only one NSA agent who have participated in the development of BTC.
Activity: 910
Merit: 525
August 17, 2016, 06:58:03 PM
Lol nice scenario to assume.
We're all hoping whatever to do with NSA, it can be a good affect for bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 929
August 17, 2016, 06:43:53 PM
There's something strange about the recent addresses sending money to that Bitcoin address the hackers take auction offers in. Someone has been generating vanity addresses to write the words of a pop song in them.

These are the most recent addresses in the same order as blockchain.info shows them.

1giveGEk184Gwep2KT4UBPTcE9oqWzCVR
1upAbpBEWQ467QNT7i4vBMVPzSfQ3sqoQ
11etAyypstpXLQpTgoYmYzT8M2foBSBe1
1downAsBbRQcBfUj8rgQomqhRsNFf1jMo
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
August 17, 2016, 06:23:51 PM
All news is good news for bitcoin, they day it is never mentioned again is the day i am selling up, cause its over  Grin
legendary
Activity: 929
August 17, 2016, 01:53:45 PM

The NSA won't do shit.

The Bitcoin address the hackers take auction offers in has only been sent 1.629 BTC.

It's never going to get the full million Bitcoins, so the hackers will keep the chump change in that address without releasing any more files.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
August 17, 2016, 01:52:46 PM
It seems that nowadays nobody is safe from hacking anymore. Even the agencies that you think are unhackable are being targeted left and right. Maybe they are trying to make a statement by doing that. If what they want is money, they could target big financial institutions instead, although information is really something that could command a good price.
If something has single point of failure and is connected to the internet then sooner or later it will be hacked. That is why banks and financial institutions are so interested in blockchain tech.
They think that it will diminish their loses caused by money stolen by hackers. Personally I think that private blockchains are a dead end and nothing more that glorified databases.

These hackers are acting totally unreasonable. If they ask for less, something like $10 million in BTC they would already got it. But no one will gonna pay them 1 million BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
August 17, 2016, 01:41:51 PM
All publicity is good publicity. Who cares if its some hackers wanting to get some BTC out of it? More and more people are starting to hate the NSA anyway. Snowden has a ton of followers in Twitter and he is turning into a likeable figure amongst the mainstream media.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
August 17, 2016, 01:23:11 PM
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
August 17, 2016, 09:16:50 AM
hackers selling hacker tools.

hmm

sales pitch
Q: how do they make themselves look good and worthy of such a price.
A: say they got the tools from the NSA and use that publicity to cause drama and get some free advertising.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
August 17, 2016, 08:55:04 AM
We're not talking about the local police department.

If this is a genuine hack then they'll treat it like a training exercise and go after them.

You can bet your ass that no money is gonna change hands.

Hackers are not stupid either; they know what the NSA is capable of. I'm pretty sure that by now those documents are in the hands of different people, and If the hackers get caught, documents will be released (If the hackers don't really seek or care about the money).
If all they care about is money , then once they are caught they will make a deal with the government to keep their mouth shut.
Pages:
Jump to: