Pages:
Author

Topic: NSA is attempting to crack Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 3297 times)

Activity: 500
Merit: 250
May 05, 2015, 08:21:43 PM
The code is open source, there's nothing to crack.

FUD

This.

What is there to crack? It would be a greater use of resources for them to explore the blockchain and get familiar with tracking transactions and how to use the blockchain for other things.

It would be even cheaper to build some (or some more) miners and "kill" bitcoin by not including transactions in solved blocks.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
Bitcoin FTW!
May 05, 2015, 08:13:43 PM
It's probably more of importance to them to de-anonymize Bitcoin users than it is to actually crack Bitcoin private keys.
Agree, it seems as obvious target. Cracking Bitcoin Private Keys is kinda impossible from what i red.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
May 05, 2015, 07:56:51 PM

FUD

This.

What is there to crack? It would be a greater use of resources for them to explore the blockchain and get familiar with tracking transactions and how to use the blockchain for other things.
Activity: 140
May 05, 2015, 07:47:44 PM

Since the begining of this century, NSA has invested billion dollars in some secret activities to keep its ability of eavesdrop and taken this as its great mission. If the information from terrorist, foreign spy and other foes, US will be the one to attack.
It is said that NSA cooperates with multipal technology companies to use high speed computer to crack secret codes. This institue has decoded the encryption skill of protecting global business and bank system, kept the business secret,medical record and other sensitive data, at the same time, the safety of emails, internet surfing, online chatting in US is automatically protected.
An intelligence budget file has shown that this kind of action is still going on. The American national intelligence supervisor James R. Clapper Jr. has written that:"We have invested a lot of funds on breakthrough password analysis to attack the password technology and network traffic of foes."
There is rumor in the past that Bitcoin is one of the institutions of NSA.However, all the details around the national institution have shown that Bitcoin community has become the goal. Many people in Bitcoin community believe that NSA is cracking the Bitcoin agreement, which is one of the great tasks for them.

How exactly is the NSA going to crack Bitcoin?
I am really curious.
I would really like to know what kind of alien technology they will use to accomplish that?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

quantum computer.
Activity: 140
May 05, 2015, 07:45:42 PM
i hope it's not true... because if they want.. they do ..  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
May 05, 2015, 05:15:28 PM

FUD
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
May 05, 2015, 03:06:34 PM
IM curious about what happened if they craked the bitcoin? They can get a bitcoin? Or get a bitcoin to every address?

If they cracked down bitcoin now, they will get free to control the movement of bitcoin and we are doom since the bitcoin has been controlled over but on the other side bitcoin has a chance to grow higher enough. Thats what I think but still bitcoin havent been cracked right so we can just relax for now
They can control the bitcoinbitcoin so they can put the bitcoin in their want address or less they can move the bitcoin from your address to his address? Thats what i thinking.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
May 05, 2015, 09:56:09 AM
First NSA had already broken Bitcoin, now they are attempting to break it? Are we going backwards in time?

So what do they got after they break it? And why OP ask the same question again? Will NSA break this again for the second times?

No, they are just assumptions, but people got their assumptions backwards, I guess.

So they just do speculation right? Because there are so mant threads that talk about this things but never get to a conclusion. So they havent break it for the first time right?
Activity: 154
Bitcoin Samurai
May 05, 2015, 09:50:12 AM
First NSA had already broken Bitcoin, now they are attempting to break it? Are we going backwards in time?

So what do they got after they break it? And why OP ask the same question again? Will NSA break this again for the second times?

No, they are just assumptions, but people got their assumptions backwards, I guess.

I think the OP is just trying to spread FUD.
Nobody told him that Bitcoin doesn't get any cheaper than this.
Buy now before the price rises.
Activity: 658
May 05, 2015, 09:46:20 AM

legendary
May 05, 2015, 09:44:52 AM

Activity: 658
May 05, 2015, 09:40:37 AM
Bitcoin Samurai
May 05, 2015, 09:38:17 AM
IM curious about what happened if they craked the bitcoin? They can get a bitcoin? Or get a bitcoin to every address?

If they cracked down bitcoin now, they will get free to control the movement of bitcoin and we are doom since the bitcoin has been controlled over but on the other side bitcoin has a chance to grow higher enough. Thats what I think but still bitcoin havent been cracked right so we can just relax for now

I do not think they can crack it unless,
they have some sort of a backdoor in Sha-256.
I believe they have done something similar before.
legendary
May 05, 2015, 08:43:43 AM

Bitcoin Samurai
May 05, 2015, 08:09:48 AM

Since the begining of this century, NSA has invested billion dollars in some secret activities to keep its ability of eavesdrop and taken this as its great mission. If the information from terrorist, foreign spy and other foes, US will be the one to attack.
It is said that NSA cooperates with multipal technology companies to use high speed computer to crack secret codes. This institue has decoded the encryption skill of protecting global business and bank system, kept the business secret,medical record and other sensitive data, at the same time, the safety of emails, internet surfing, online chatting in US is automatically protected.
An intelligence budget file has shown that this kind of action is still going on. The American national intelligence supervisor James R. Clapper Jr. has written that:"We have invested a lot of funds on breakthrough password analysis to attack the password technology and network traffic of foes."
There is rumor in the past that Bitcoin is one of the institutions of NSA.However, all the details around the national institution have shown that Bitcoin community has become the goal. Many people in Bitcoin community believe that NSA is cracking the Bitcoin agreement, which is one of the great tasks for them.

How exactly is the NSA going to crack Bitcoin?
I am really curious.
I would really like to know what kind of alien technology they will use to accomplish that?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
May 05, 2015, 06:25:56 AM
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
May 05, 2015, 05:39:11 AM
We all know Sha-256  is safe today, and MD5 is safe before it was cracked.
So the sha-256 still have the chance to be cracked except brutal force crack.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
May 05, 2015, 04:43:17 AM
What good will it do if they "cracked" bitcoin? They can take your coins, that's it! They don't need money, taking anyone's coins is not their objective. It is more of their interest to monitor, follow the coins, and pinpoint where the crypto-fiat exit node is for money launderers and terrorists. To do that, they don't need to crack any encryption.

If they can do this then they will break the principle of bitcoin , "anonimous transaction". I believe satoshis has thought about this before creating bitcoin and the sha256 hash is vulnureable if NSA spend some resources into trying to crack it
Activity: 686
May 05, 2015, 04:40:47 AM
Good try, but i bet them will failed to crack bitcoin.
Sure there is nothing absolutely safe, but the security can be updated.

it will be take hundreds of years to crack Bitcoin so i don't think that attempt worth of it because of Sha-256, that thread look like a FUD and doesn't mean anything more. Grin

yes agreed with you that is just troll, i do not believe they can crack the bitcoin in the current century.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
May 05, 2015, 04:31:29 AM
Good try, but i bet them will failed to crack bitcoin.
Sure there is nothing absolutely safe, but the security can be updated.

it will be take hundreds of years to crack Bitcoin so i don't think that attempt worth of it because of Sha-256, that thread look like a FUD and doesn't mean anything more. Grin
Pages:
Jump to: