Pages:
Author

Topic: NSGminer v0.9.4: The Fastest NeoScrypt GPU Miner - page 21. (Read 221582 times)

legendary
Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.
why all the miners are not working in solo mode minus the 3.7.8 version of cgminer? i find this utterly stupid

Because no one cares to fix solo mining in SGminer. I don't maintain it.

there is a way to mine in solo feathercoin, with nvidia?

NSGminer supports all NVIDIA OpenCL capable hardware down to the oldest cards like 8800GTX. However the Maxwell generation runs better with CCminer.
legendary
I also have similar problem with 2x 280x. One card is hashing but the other one is not disabled but hashing only 10kh/s. Do I need to upgrade memory to 16GB?

You can launch one miner per card to make sure they work fine and there is enough memory.

Should I have to check the memory status in task manager? And if there is not enough free memory should i buy more? I do not have problem with upgrading just asking if this will help. Thank you Smiley

EDIT: I have 8GB right now.

Start one miner copy with -d 0 and another with -d 1 to see if they work fine.

One miner with -d 0 and -I 16 in still not hashing but consumes more than 2GB free memory, and if I run only the seccond miner -d 1 and - 16 it is hashing fine and consuming almost nothing from free memory.

Reduce intensity and/or clock speeds of the failing one.

Yes with reduced intensity (-i 15) it was working. But I still do not know why card 0 alone consumes almost 2GB (hashing 10khs) and card 1 alone only 0,02MB (hashing 500khs). It looks like that Windows was in some strange state because from 8GB total memory, 4,4GB was used sa Cached and 2GB free.  Anyway I have added another 4GB and it looks fine also with intensity i 16. After a half day is the cached memory again 3,5GB and 3GB free. Now it is hashing fine.  Thank you for help Smiley

I have another question. What is the hashrate for 280x and for 290 (non X)?

About 500KH/s give or take. Maybe closer to 550KH/s for 290.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
why all the miners are not working in solo mode minus the 3.7.8 version of cgminer? i find this utterly stupid

there is a way to mine in solo feathercoin, with nvidia?
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
I also have similar problem with 2x 280x. One card is hashing but the other one is not disabled but hashing only 10kh/s. Do I need to upgrade memory to 16GB?

You can launch one miner per card to make sure they work fine and there is enough memory.

Should I have to check the memory status in task manager? And if there is not enough free memory should i buy more? I do not have problem with upgrading just asking if this will help. Thank you Smiley

One miner with -d 0 and -I 16 in still not hashing but consumes more than 2GB free memory, and if I run only the seccond miner -d 1 and - 16 it is hashing fine and consuming almost nothing from free memory.

Yes with reduced intensity (-i 15) it was working. But I still do not know why card 0 alone consumes almost 2GB (hashing 10khs) and card 1 alone only 0,02MB (hashing 500khs). It looks like that Windows was in some strange state because from 8GB total memory, 4,4GB was used sa Cached and 2GB free.  Anyway I have added another 4GB and it looks fine also with intensity i 16. After a half day is the cached memory again 3,5GB and 3GB free. Now it is hashing fine.  Thank you for help Smiley

I have another question. What is the hashrate for 280x and for 290 (non X)?
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Any one help me to fix this error?
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b632/nguyen3cmjsc/1_zpsjnxhyohn.gif
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b632/nguyen3cmjsc/2_zpsbbzngugh.gif
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b632/nguyen3cmjsc/3_zpszesvtkps.gif

NSGMiner cannot enable all 4 R9280X card.
I've tried to install AMD Driver: 14.4 / 14.9 / 15.7 / 15.12 / 16.2.1 but cannot help to fix this.
My option is: --neoscrypt -g 1 -w 128 -I 16 --gpu-platform 1 --gpu-engine 950 --gpu-memclock 1500

Thanks a lot.

Your farm is out of memory most likely. Reduce -I to 15.

Thanks ghostlander!, Problem fixed. Finally I get 1.9Mh/s with 4 R9 280x.
legendary

legendary

legendary

I've tried to install AMD Driver: 14.4 / 14.9 / 15.7 / 15.12 / 16.2.1 but cannot help to fix this.
My option is: --neoscrypt -g 1 -w 128 -I 16 --gpu-platform 1 --gpu-engine 950 --gpu-memclock 1500

Thanks a lot.

legendary

Thanks a lot.

legendary

Hi Amph

I haven't made some tests due lack of time and internet stability, but what's the % of gain comparing feathercoin solo vs pool ?

With a 980 Ti  sp is reporting 1MH/s at default and 1,15MH/s+ with a decent oc, on this algo. Do someone of you confirm, maybe pool side?

tried all pool, not satisfied with the earning, too much orphan and fee is not low, i think you can try solo even with 2 mega only, with fathercoin

you should hit a block every 6 hours or so, i like solo mining if is below 12-24 hours of waiting
Activity: 445
Merit: 255

Hi Amph

I haven't made some tests due lack of time and internet stability, but what's the % of gain comparing feathercoin solo vs pool ?

With a 980 Ti  sp is reporting 1MH/s at default and 1,15MH/s+ with a decent oc, on this algo. Do someone of you confirm, maybe pool side?
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Ghostlander claims 280KHASH, but his opensource (opencl is only doing 190khash). (750ti)
My (modded djm34's kernal ) is doing 250khash@1400. (sp-mod private #5 0.1BTC) (With a G1620 celeron in the rig.)
legendary
Activity: 445
Merit: 255

GTX 750 Ti @ 1400 = 285KH/s with CUDA 6.5 or 280KH/s with CUDA 7.5

Although I've somehow broken Stratum in the process, so it's solo mining through Getwork now.

These are nice results. Have you open sourced the code or compiled a binary? want to see how you did it.

I must say these results have been achieved with a 6-core 3.6GHz Xeon (12-core with HT). The miner utilises one logical core per GPU active. If a CPU is slower or out of cores, performance suffers. Fixed Stratum. I haven't open sourced it yet.

Hi ghost, nice findings and congrats for the achievements.

Have I understood correctly that you've optimized the current neos cuda miner, some more?

285KH/s with a 750Ti sounds very good, especially considering the good scaling with this architecture, especially considering also the release of the gtx 1080 in a couple of months, if not less.

With a Gtx 970 how much hashrate could we expect?

If you need to test it, I could give you control of a machine using teamviewer, with a 970 on it.

It seems that the best performing vgas with neos are the nvidia ones, performance/watt wise. A 750Ti shouldn't consume more than 60W with a reference design (with a single 6 PIN connector), 35/40W without it (low profile models). A 970 instead should consume at least 180/200W. Have you made some watt'meter measurements with the 750Ti at 280KH/s ?

Thank you, and keep up the good work.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b632/nguyen3cmjsc/1_zpsjnxhyohn.gif
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b632/nguyen3cmjsc/2_zpsbbzngugh.gif
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b632/nguyen3cmjsc/3_zpszesvtkps.gif

Thanks a lot.
legendary

GTX 750 Ti @ 1400 = 285KH/s with CUDA 6.5 or 280KH/s with CUDA 7.5

Although I've somehow broken Stratum in the process, so it's solo mining through Getwork now.

These are nice results. Have you open sourced the code or compiled a binary? want to see how you did it.

I must say these results have been achieved with a 6-core 3.6GHz Xeon (12-core with HT). The miner utilises one logical core per GPU active. If a CPU is slower or out of cores, performance suffers. Fixed Stratum. I haven't open sourced it yet.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1001
how do I mine it gpu? How to set the mining?

how do I enable it?
Pages:
Jump to: