Pages:
Author

Topic: NSGminer v0.9.4: The Fastest NeoScrypt GPU Miner - page 6. (Read 221582 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I'm just trying NSGminer on my desktop PC to see if I can get it to work.  The card is AMD R9 270, NSGminer 0.9.4, to GoByte pool.

I'm getting about 20 kh/s which seems really low, based on a few benchmark sites I looked up.  Is this right or is something wrong?

I will eventually be mining on NVIDIA 1070s, but just doing proof of concept right now.....

edit: also I notice when hitting G during execution, my GPU temp is only 53, which seems very low.  So maybe the intensity is too low, but still this wouldn't seem to account for such a low rate, unless I'm misunderstanding something.
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Is NSGminer useable with AMD cards.

I don't mine neoscrypt coins but thought I'd give it a go, unfortunately I found that I'm getting very poor hashrates with my AMD cards (don't have any Nvidia cards), question is is NSGminer, and other Neoscrypt miners, tuned for Nvidia cards and not AMD cards.

Activity: 294
Merit: 12
thank you ghostrider for all your hard work.  I'm just some hillbilly learning how to mine and I appreciate your code-child.

you should consider putting in a -ghostriderrocks [0-100] which would direct that percentage of the mining to your project.  When you need new hardware we could just put out the call for miners to dedicate an hour to you or something like that...  count me in.  None of the coin from my AMD rig would be coming my direction, without your dedication to the project.

my humble little rig in the basement is a pair of rx580 4gb cards, and i have an r9 nano on the way to join them.  This rig is running a GTX 1070ti.  

I'm just kicking myself in the backside for not getting into mining sooner...

Thanks for your support. I'm not going to release proprietary miners or those with forced donations because I don't think it's ethical. However anyone can mine to a donation address in the OP for some time to express his gratitude.

I'm in the final stages of putting together my new CUDA miner which seems to work very well for the Maxwell series and GTX 1060 / 1070. My testing 1070 delivers 1.1MH/s @ 1600/7600 hitting the TDP limit. GTX 1080 and Ti are more complicated because it looks like NVIDIA has a different memory management set up for them in the drivers which hurts performance actually. 1070 has 5 SMs less than 1080, otherwise identical GP104 with compute 6.1.

I have a 1070 please keep me posted on your miner
Activity: 1
Whats the easiest way to download the improved CCminer? Always getting it blocked for virus  etc.

+ when mining I occasionally get "Pool 0 is hiding contents from us", what does this mean specifically?

+My NSGminer wildly varries from 500kh/s to 1.2mh/s with my 1070, is there some setting I am not using properly?
"setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
nsgminer.exe --neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool.trezarcoin.com:6666 -u DeadmonTellEm.Main -p password -I 18 -w 128"
legendary
Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.
thank you ghostrider for all your hard work.  I'm just some hillbilly learning how to mine and I appreciate your code-child.

you should consider putting in a -ghostriderrocks [0-100] which would direct that percentage of the mining to your project.  When you need new hardware we could just put out the call for miners to dedicate an hour to you or something like that...  count me in.  None of the coin from my AMD rig would be coming my direction, without your dedication to the project.

my humble little rig in the basement is a pair of rx580 4gb cards, and i have an r9 nano on the way to join them.  This rig is running a GTX 1070ti.  

Thanks for your support. I'm not going to release proprietary miners or those with forced donations because I don't think it's ethical. However anyone can mine to a donation address in the OP for some time to express his gratitude.

I'm in the final stages of putting together my new CUDA miner which seems to work very well for the Maxwell series and GTX 1060 / 1070. My testing 1070 delivers 1.1MH/s @ 1600/7600 hitting the TDP limit. GTX 1080 and Ti are more complicated because it looks like NVIDIA has a different memory management set up for them in the drivers which hurts performance actually. 1070 has 5 SMs less than 1080, otherwise identical GP104 with compute 6.1.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
I'm getting weird error messages: "Pool 0 is sending mismatched block contents to us (0 is not 8-15)"

Any hints?
Activity: 41
Hello,
thanks for the guide and the scritp.
I have been using this script since today, as I want to start mining Trezarcoin.

I have 2 RX580 on this rig, modded  for ethereum mining.
Drivers: blockchain drivers 23 august for AMD.
overtuned with overdrive ntool (classic configuration for ethereum P7 1130 0,83 Volt)

I have notice d that with this string
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0

nsgminer -k neoscrypt -g 1 -w 128 -I 18 -o pool -O xxx.x:xxx

I have a strange ripple on Hashrate stability: it swings starting from  500.kH/s up to 1.5MH/s per card.
It is very strange.

Can you help me to tune the values?

thanks and many compliments for your work
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
thank you ghostrider ghostlander for all your hard work.  I'm just some hillbilly learning how to mine and I appreciate your code-child.

you should consider putting in a -ghostriderrocks [0-100] -ghostlanderrocks [0-100]which would direct that percentage of the mining to your project.  When you need new hardware we could just put out the call for miners to dedicate an hour to you or something like that...  count me in.  None of the coin from my AMD rig would be coming my direction, without your dedication to the project.

you're welcome Grin
Activity: 10
thank you ghostrider for all your hard work.  I'm just some hillbilly learning how to mine and I appreciate your code-child.

you should consider putting in a -ghostriderrocks [0-100] which would direct that percentage of the mining to your project.  When you need new hardware we could just put out the call for miners to dedicate an hour to you or something like that...  count me in.  None of the coin from my AMD rig would be coming my direction, without your dedication to the project.

my humble little rig in the basement is a pair of rx580 4gb cards, and i have an r9 nano on the way to join them.  This rig is running a GTX 1070ti. 

Activity: 49
Merit: 1
on NVIDIA cards,
should I use NeoScrypt CCminer (and compile) or NSGminer (and compile)?
ccminer version seems a bit old.
but NSGminer shows that it supports NVIDIA cards.

Thank you
Activity: 191
I am only getting about 400-600 KH/s with a 1080TI. How is everyone else getting more? Do I have something set wrong?

nsgminer.exe --neoscrypt -g 1 -w 128 -I 18  -o stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3616  -O username

--------------
 OCL 0:  65.0C   64RPM | 638.9 637.6 587.4 KH/s | A:25 R:0 HW:0 U: 2.8/m

nsgminer is much more optimized for ATI cards, use ccminer-x64/KlausT or hsrminer for nVidia cards.

that miner is better for amd?

ATI = AMD. For AMD cards use nsgminer.
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
I am only getting about 400-600 KH/s with a 1080TI. How is everyone else getting more? Do I have something set wrong?

nsgminer.exe --neoscrypt -g 1 -w 128 -I 18  -o stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3616  -O username

--------------
 OCL 0:  65.0C   64RPM | 638.9 637.6 587.4 KH/s | A:25 R:0 HW:0 U: 2.8/m

nsgminer is much more optimized for ATI cards, use ccminer-x64/KlausT or hsrminer for nVidia cards.

that miner is better for amd?

nsgminer.exe --neoscrypt -g 1 -w 128 -I 18  -o stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3616  -O username

--------------
 OCL 0:  65.0C   64RPM | 638.9 637.6 587.4 KH/s | A:25 R:0 HW:0 U: 2.8/m

nsgminer is much more optimized for ATI (AMD) cards, use ccminer-x64/KlausT or hsrminer for nVidia cards.
Activity: 6

nsgminer.exe --neoscrypt -g 1 -w 128 -I 18  -o stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3616  -O username

--------------
 OCL 0:  65.0C   64RPM | 638.9 637.6 587.4 KH/s | A:25 R:0 HW:0 U: 2.8/m
This is log file of black screen with altminer, same with all neoscrypt coins. Everything is working ok with other pools.

Code:
[11:14:19] Probing for an alive pool
[11:14:19] Testing pool stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:10007
[11:14:19] HTTP request failed: Protocol "stratum+tcp" not supported or disabled in libcurl
[11:14:19] JSON stratum auth failed: (unknown reason)
[11:14:19] Unable to get work from pool 0 stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:10007
[11:14:19] No servers were found that could be used to get work from.
[11:14:19] Please check the details from the list below of the servers you have input
[11:14:19] Most likely you have input the wrong URL, forgotten to add a port, or have not set up workers
[11:14:19] Pool: 0  URL: stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:10007  User: my_wallet_address  Password: c=SPK
[11:14:19] Press any key to exit or the miner will try again in 15s.
Activity: 3
I have one Rx 580 and One Rx 480. What should be the .bat setting?
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
What hashrate can I expect for a GTX 980TI without overclock?
legendary
Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.
Does anyone know what the N-Factor is for neoscrypt coins like feathercoin?

-CointoHash411

N=128 for all known NeoScrypt coins.
Activity: 40
Thanks for your work going to give a try!
Activity: 399
Merit: 254
it gives me a black screen
coin GBX
altminer.net
stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:4233

why please?

thanks
Mego

try port 10000
Pages:
Jump to: