Pages:
Author

Topic: Number of Bitcoin Users vs. World Population, to scale - page 2. (Read 2499 times)

Activity: 200
Merit: 10
Every estimate I've seen of the total number of bitcoin users is completely arbitrary. I think 625,000 is probably low.
Activity: 138
Probably smaller than the world furry population.
Activity: 140
Think of the growth potential!  Wink

This is why 1btc is either valueless when something better comes along or it's an obnoxious amount of money.

Can't wait till we see the "Sell your home for Bitcoin!" posters in the neighborhood - obnoxious amount of money.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
That image isn't really working for me.

thought id help out the OP, you and anyone else without zoom function

Ah makes sense now. Wow! incredible..
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

That's useful, thanks. Wink

But I think we have far more than just 625k Bitcoin users. I'd say at least 10x times as many.

It's questionable if Bitcoin's target adoption is really equivalent to the world's population as well. I think one third of the population will always be left out due to various factors (politics, technology, wealth).

But there still is tremendous room to grow.

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 111

This is why 1btc is either valueless when something better comes along or it's an obnoxious amount of money.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Could we have a similar image showing also the internet users in 1996 and in, say, 2012?
It would have to be before 1996.  There were 36 million internet users in 1996.  Maybe the internet in 1990.  I used the internet in the 80's.
1990-1992 I would guess to be a pretty good parallel for where we are today with Bitcoin.

"The Internet's takeover of the global communication landscape was almost instant in historical terms: it only communicated 1% of the information flowing through two-way telecommunications networks in the year 1993, already 51% by 2000, and more than 97% of the telecommunicated information by 2007"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet

If my theory proves to be accurate, Bitcoin will be several orders of magnitude larger by 2020.

That is if bitcoin progression does mimics the internet's.There is till no guarantee that bitcoin won't go the way of the PDAs or the pagers
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
Could we have a similar image showing also the internet users in 1996 and in, say, 2012?
It would have to be before 1996.  There were 36 million internet users in 1996.  Maybe the internet in 1990.  I used the internet in the 80's.
1990-1992 I would guess to be a pretty good parallel for where we are today with Bitcoin.

"The Internet's takeover of the global communication landscape was almost instant in historical terms: it only communicated 1% of the information flowing through two-way telecommunications networks in the year 1993, already 51% by 2000, and more than 97% of the telecommunicated information by 2007"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet

If my theory proves to be accurate, Bitcoin will be several orders of magnitude larger by 2020.
GTA
Activity: 90
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
It would have to be before 1996.  There were 36 million internet users in 1996.  Maybe the internet in 1990.  I used the internet in the 80's.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Less than 0.1% of the world population own bitcoin, clearly lots of room for adoption to grow
Hopefully the plethora of apps under development presenty will ease adoption even further
M8
Activity: 57
Merit: 0

Edit Nevermind Clicked it to enlarge. I guess bitcoin has a long way to go  Grin.
1AbHnmymnwaCSHRwrFjwRr9r3QzawnTPZB
Activity: 53
Merit: 12
Pages:
Jump to: