Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 270. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 386
Merit: 250
Yes, this is working also.
I downloaded wallet from
http://nxt.org/

Sorry, it isn't a problem to see the public key with the wallet I am using.

Anyone else using Wesley's wallet? How do you obtain the public key for new accounts?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Can someone send me few NXT coins, I dont have public key and can't use my wallet.

What is your public key? You should see it in the banner at the top of the Dashboard screen.

I don't have one, brand new account.

How did you create the account, and how are you accessing it?

Installed wallet and it's working but there is no public key.

Warning!: Your account does not have a public key! This means it's not as protected as other accounts. You must make an outgoing transaction to fix this issue. (Set account info, send a message, buy an alias, send NXT, ...)

I am not familiar with all the wallets available. Are you running NRS through http://127.0.0.1:7876/index.html?

Yes, this is working also.
I downloaded wallet from
http://nxt.org/
Can someone send me few NXT coins, I dont have public key and can't use my wallet.

What is your public key? You should see it in the banner at the top of the Dashboard screen.

Warning!: Your account does not have a public key! This means it's not as protected as other accounts. You must make an outgoing transaction to fix this issue. (Set account info, send a message, buy an alias, send NXT, ...)

I am not familiar with all the wallets available. Are you running NRS through http://127.0.0.1:7876/index.html?

Yea, thanks for that, although, I'm not sure that needs to be said.

It seems in the crypto community there is still a misunderstanding of what a "wallet" really is and that it doesn't store "coins" but the keys to those coins. In NXT it is even simpler since by default it is a brain wallet, so they key's to your coins are in your head. you can walk up to any NRS system and send NXT/Assets/etc.

But, I expect most people know, if someone else has a copy of your key they can spend your coins. Since mostall people understand how physical keys work.

Sorry, I didn't mean to "correct" your post, which was just fine as it was. I just didn't want to miss an opportunity to remind users that their password is all anyone needs to spend their loot. About once every week or so there is a post from someone who lost their funds because of a weak password.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Just upgraded my wallet - on the edge of my seat praying all of my assets come back once the blockchain finishes updating.

My asset list is still there but everything else is gone.  Huh

No reason to worry. You won't see your assets until you downloaded the blockchain, but the asset list is saved locally so you see it right away.

lol there needs to be a warning!

There was also an error during the install. I should of taken a screenshot but I was too busy panicking
 (Im on Windows 8 - everything has issues)

Your coins and assets are stored on the BLOCKCHAIN not in your wallet. So, as long as you have the password and no one else does, you still have your stuff. You should be able to go to nxtreporting.com, input your NXT ID and see all your coins, assets and transactions as they are on the blockchain.

Added a bit.

Yea, thanks for that, although, I'm not sure that needs to be said.

It seems in the crypto community there is still a misunderstanding of what a "wallet" really is and that it doesn't store "coins" but the keys to those coins. In NXT it is even simpler since by default it is a brain wallet, so they key's to your coins are in your head. you can walk up to any NRS system and send NXT/Assets/etc.

But, I expect most people know, if someone else has a copy of your key they can spend your coins. Since mostall people understand how physical keys work.
Activity: 425
Amazing! The upgrade crashed my wallet and the wallet automatically reverted back to the older version.

Very sexy NXT. Very sexy indeed!
legendary
EDIT: Nerve mind, I found it: http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Nxt_API

Hi,

I am trying to call my NXT wallet to make transactions over RPC, but I noticed that NXT is very different and does not have RPC. I have written a .NET application using C# to talk to BTC's wallet over RPC.. How can I do something similar to NXT to automate my transactions from wallet to wallet?

I can't seem to find any documentation. Can someone please help?

you should be able to go to localhost:7876/test as well.

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

Hi,

I am trying to call my NXT wallet to make transactions over RPC, but I noticed that NXT is very different and does not have RPC. I have written a .NET application using C# to talk to BTC's wallet over RPC.. How can I do something similar to NXT to automate my transactions from wallet to wallet?

There's also this, which aims to allow you to make calls similar to RPC calls and then translates them to Nxt API calls:

https://github.com/l8orre/nxtBridge
Activity: 30
Merit: 0

Hi,

Just upgraded my wallet - on the edge of my seat praying all of my assets come back once the blockchain finishes updating.

No reason to worry. You won't see your assets until you downloaded the blockchain, but the asset list is saved locally so you see it right away.

There was also an error during the install. I should of taken a screenshot but I was too busy panicking

Your coins and assets are stored on the BLOCKCHAIN not in your wallet. So, as long as you have the password and no one else does, you still have your stuff. You should be able to go to nxtreporting.com, input your NXT ID and see all your coins, assets and transactions as they are on the blockchain.

Added a bit.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
@mrs_snow: what's the alias? I'll give it a try.

Now, with client version 1.2.8, it is working again.

Great!
legendary
Activity: 952
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
I see this thread was moved to [ANN] section...
why? when this thread was created NXT was far away from being an announcement but a solid reality...

BTT mods hating so much?
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
@mrs_snow: what's the alias? I'll give it a try.

Now, with client version 1.2.8, it is working again.
legendary

Your coins and assets are stored on the BLOCKCHAIN not in your wallet. So, as long as you have the password you still have your stuff. You should be able to go to nxtreporting.com, input your NXT ID and see all your coins, assets and transactions as they are on the blockchain.
Jump to: