Pages:
Author

Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information - page 2. (Read 2761529 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Proof of Jail?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132
I still worry about the fact that we are not on Mintpal because of technical reasons...

Blackcoin is thriving for all the good reasons of POS (and pump probably)

But NXT is way better, its just that its less easy to use than Blackcoin..

If we could fix that than a lot of Blackcoin supporters will go to NXT when they see NXT's potential

im not worried atall over mintpal..

once AE goes live and we have a decent amount of coins trading on AE then we will be the exchange that most coins want to be on... especially pos coins with multipools cos they will want to reduce costs to increase profitability... i say support blackcoin on AE if possible... after all ever trade requires NXT! Wink

they have 72 terahashes now on script..! :O i think its a good sign of whats to come! the multipool is seriously feeding into itself.. its a glorious cycle of growth PoS and decline of PoW... Cheesy

Perhaps I'm overlooking things, but how can AE compete with regular exchanges regarding speed?
Block time is 1 minute and space in a block is limited, how will this be handled?

I thought AE was more of a place to trade goods and commodities, not so much for coins.
InstantDEX
legendary

But NXT is way better, its just that its less easy to use than Blackcoin..

I just send some Nxt to my friend, who knows nothing of cryptos.
I told him to make a wallet there https://wallet.mynxt.info/

After 2 minutes he had the Nxt in his wallet.

It doesnt get much easier than that!! And the speed of transaction even suprised me Smiley

yeah its prity damn good alright! Cheesy with mynxt.info nxt is just as easy to use as bitcoin.. and soon you will be able to buy things with nxt.. anywhere bitcoin is accepted! and its all guna be automated and no extra fee's bar transaction fees.. Cheesy from what i know i think you will just have to enter a nxt address and btc address to send to..

so "my nxt acc: .... " >> "nxt <> btc bridge acc..." >> "btc address of seller"

i think but i could be wrong.. that you enter btc acc no. bridge acc no. and the amount in btc and click send... if thats wrong someone correct me.. ehter way its guna be yet another huge factor! Cheesy
Once the BTCbridge is in place,it wont be hard for wesley to add a "Send BTC" link on the GUI. You would put in the BTC address, amount. It would then display how much NXT it will cost you and if you confirm, it will automatically go through the bridge

James
legendary
Sorry to interrupt your FUDstorm Emule...

Business continues as usual at nxtforum.org, Jean-luc has completed the first stage of integration. As always, more work available so more JAVA programmers would be nice Grin

Go, go, go, jl  Grin Grin Grin

jl777 has also completed most of the work for Anon136's Physical good store, IIRC.

Re: Development roadmap

April 13, 2014, 05:15:01 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Jean-Luc on April 09, 2014, 02:01:43 pm

I am now working on integrating into the develop branch the changes from
feature/tf branch that CfB was working on. Those include Digital Goods Store,
Effective Balance Leasing, Transparent Forging changes (getNextBlockGenerators),
Phased transactions (not sure if this got completed). They will be enabled only
on test net initially, but I need to merge the code, convert all amount handling
logic to NQT, do some review and refactoring, fix obvious bugs if any.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been done, I reviewed and refactored the code and merged the tf branch back to develop.
Phased transactions are not yet implemented. The rest of the above features are code complete but not tested at all, and also they don't have an http API yet. Writing the http API could be done by somebody else, or wait until I am done with my other tasks.

Back to you Elmo... was that the 0.000032 prediction again Cheesy Cheesy Didn't get it right mid march, 27th march, 28th march and 3 times last week... so maybe this time  Wink I really hope you get it right one day, I think it will be good for you

jesus... things are really moving allong! the next weeks are guna be so exciting! Cheesy question though.. you know the way the bitcoin devs are terrified of implimenting new features on bitcoin cos they are afraid of mucking up a 6 billion dollar protocol... will nxt have the same issue when its that valuable or can everything just be first tested on testnet first and then worked in with out worry?

I am going to foolishly assume you were addressing me with that question...  Grin

I believe things like nxtQuants and canonical inputs (discussed but I'm not sure of the direction of travel) etc. were to be implemented now as these would be difficult later on (and I think they have caused delays).

But in terms of adding additional features later, Nxt has the advantages of having the core features (the platform) and service providers that build on top of Nxt (the features). So by getting it right now, no core changes will be required if third parties want to add things later. I think of it in the same way browser plugins don't need changes to the firefox/chrome 'core' before they are added.

I am sure someone will correct me if they disagree  Wink
I was able to add NXTorrent functionality in less than a day. OK, still need to connect up the magnet link loader, but it implements adding listings, cancelling, searching, feedback and display of URL contents.

NXT core + NXTprotocol platform will allow significant new functionality to be added to NXT in a matter of days and weeks, rather than months or years.

The bottleneck is web guys to make the websockets JSON output pretty and user friendly. Usually it is the other way around, but with NXT now, functionality is going to be faster to create than user interfaces. If somebody can come up with a way to quickly create good user interfaces, then we can really go in high gear

James
Activity: 952
Merit: 253

Perhaps I'm overlooking things, but how can AE compete with regular exchanges regarding speed?
Block time is 1 minute and space in a block is limited, how will this be handled?

I thought AE was more of a place to trade goods and commodities, not so much for coins.

don't know if block time is an issue but the space in the block can be increased, at the moment its 250... when we are close to 250 tx in a block we just make the blocks bigger.
legendary
Activity: 952
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
Well, Emule became too boring, he was the last thing that attracted me to this pub thread. Bye guys, see u on https://nxtforum.org...

See you soon there BCNe....I mean CfB.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Well, Emule became too boring, he was the last thing that attracted me to this pub thread. Bye guys, see u on https://nxtforum.org...
legendary
Activity: 1120
Elmo is the bringer of green candles,This whole thread destroys any credabillity elmo had. its awsome i love it. live long nxt

Why do you think he's around? Does he have a HUGE stack like he says? Or just because he's a weirdo and he finds comfort and attention here? Or both?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
How does Nas affect Nxt's price?

I would even go further and say that through our giveaway that will reach about 3000-4000 people, many people will see the awesome client and the cool features and will learn that the coin that made these cool features is NXT and will look into it. I guess this will increase the price in the long run. It is the same as Litecoin doesn't harm Bitcoin but helps it in the longterm.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

I think the short outage at DGEX had more influence  Grin

Bter is relatively stable.

Also: to soon to tell.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
NXT two tokens of pure PoS. technology is very good, but the early chips too concentrated.
i'll hold it for a long time.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250

As far as I can tell, completely unrelated.
Activity: 269
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
Emule I want cheap NXT.

just wait for the daily lophie dump, set your buy price around 0.000032

It's been a few weeks, but you dó know I love you, don't you? Kiss
Activity: 261
Elmo spreads FUD to buy cheaper.

I'm sure he holds/buys and never sells !

Or, it's BCNext kicking our ass to be active and finish what has to be done to push Nxt forward. Because we will just want to contradict this stupid sockpuppet Wink

Thanks emule for being the pain in the ass we want to get rid off by building a better ecosystem, in the end, we'll thank you.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
i'm waiting for the day,i have buy 500,000nxt
does nxt no better than BC?DOGE?XRP?PPC?they just copy the code. any more?
if nxt failure ,you can say it's nothing,if success,the world is belong to us.

NXT can go today is successful
But it also did not go to their own brilliant expect it can change the world
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Elmo is the bringer of green candles,This whole thread destroys any credabillity elmo had. its awsome i love it. live long nxt
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
Emule I want cheap NXT.

i want buy for cny. have 19k CNY. what price in cny?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Emule I want cheap NXT.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bump from jl777's InstantDEX (formerly Secret Project) thread at https://nxtforum.org/multigateway-jl777/secret-project/80/

Re: secret project

April 12, 2014, 06:35:26 pm

The name of the secret project is InstantDEX

With the NXT AE people will be able to trade things, but there will be the blocktime to wait. 1 minute usually, but sometimes could be a lot more. Also 1 minute will feel like a really long time if the market is changing dramatically.

The goal of InstantDEX is to allow for realtime trading of any NXT asset against any other NXT asset (and NXT)
InstantDEX will be able to trade any asset, not just multigateway assets

I have achieved ~5 second times in my proof of concept, but that is not optimized, nor did it implement the full transaction cycle. Also, at these timeframes measuring a transaction really depends on if you count the time from you post a bid, it propagates, somebody immediately accepts it and the trade completes.
Or if you are measuring from when you accept an order on the books and it gets completed.

My goal is to do the former in the ~3 second timeframe. Initial versions will be slower. The multigateway will need to be trusted to redeem assets, but that is a trust level that I am assuming we will be operating with. Almost all of InstantDEX will be decentralized.

People with good internet connections will get better performance than people with bad internet connections.

James

jl777 and nexern produced ! but not what you think

Pages:
Jump to: