Pages:
Author

Topic: [NXT] Launch of Nxt Marketplace - page 3. (Read 7086 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
August 22, 2014, 12:18:36 PM
Making something like a Nxt Electrum could be very beneficial, but it would be much more complicated than building a Bitcoin/Litecoin version.

I disagree. NXT already uses a brain wallet concept. You could think of that as the seed if you want.

So, My NXT Lite wallet could take two approaches, I could decide or leave it up to the user:

1. The user remembers his passphrase/seed and nothing is stored for him. Since this is a "light wallet" it will remember your ID(s) and can display your balances/assets etc by only knowing your ID. You could even "add" an address without every giving the wallet the password/seed.

2. It could work like a bitcoin wallet. Where it creates a wallet.dat file to store your passphrases and encrypt that wallet file using a password/pin your provide. Either the wallet can generate a password/key for you or you can provide (import) an existing wallet.

Nothing complicated about it. It looks/feels the same to the end user as the current Electrum if that is what people wanted. The software could even be deterministic, it could generate a seed, and then use that seed to generate additional accounts if you wanted more than one. So, you could recover a whole bunch of IDs with a single seed.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
August 22, 2014, 12:10:41 PM
We need a lightweight version, like trade.secure. I tried talking to some c4s sellers, but of course not a single one was interested in installing softwares.

Zero interest.

I have seen saying for ages we need lightweight clients, and things like chrome plugins.

I have been considering writing a lightweight client so I don't have to d/l the blockchain on work PC. Any bounties available you thing?

But, how would this be different than the current web wallets out there? Granted, neither of them supports the AE, mgw, or DGS.

Making something like a Nxt Electrum could be very beneficial, but it would be much more complicated than building a Bitcoin/Litecoin version. Electrum "protects you from losing coins in a backup mistake or computer failure, because your wallet can be recovered from a secret phrase that you can write on paper or learn by heart. There is no waiting time when you start the client, because it does not download the Bitcoin block chain."

Features:
"Instant on: Your client does not download the blockchain. It uses a network of specialized servers that index the blockchain.
Forgiving: Your wallet can be recovered from a secret seed.
Safe: Your seed and private keys are encrypted on your hard drive. They are never sent to the servers.
Low trust: Information received from the servers is verified using SPV. Servers are authenticated using SSL
No downtimes: Your client is not tied to a particular server; it will switch instantly if your server is down.
Ubiquitous: You can use the same wallet on different computers, they will synchronize automatically.
Cold Storage: Sign transactions from a computer that is always offline. Broadcast them using a machine that does not have your keys.
Reachable: You can export your private keys into other Bitcoin clients."

IMO- all coins that want to be successful should have a solution such as this where downloading the block chain is not necessary, or at the very least a "mini blockchain"-like implementation which uses a ledger that is shortened periodically rather than having a history of every transaction since the genesis block.

An electrum version of Nxt would be different from most web wallets in that you have complete control of your wallet and private key- the secret phrase to unlock your wallet is never stored on the servers. I think it is a much safer version of a web wallet.

By the way- this Nxt marketplace is freaking sweet. I like it. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1736
August 22, 2014, 11:28:09 AM
We need a lightweight version, like trade.secure. I tried talking to some c4s sellers, but of course not a single one was interested in installing softwares.

Zero interest.

I have seen saying for ages we need lightweight clients, and things like chrome plugins.

I have been considering writing a lightweight client so I don't have to d/l the blockchain on work PC. Any bounties available you thing?

But, how would this be different than the current web wallets out there? Granted, neither of them supports the AE, mgw, or DGS.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
August 22, 2014, 06:11:37 AM

Zero interest.

Could you promote that idea in nxtforum?
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
August 22, 2014, 01:45:11 AM

Zero interest.

August 21, 2014, 10:42:16 AM
Ludom has original articles for sale - and the first DGS crowdfunding campaign! (product 06)   Smiley

NXT-EAVH-SLEV-KSEE-EE2KP

The first mini ebook on the Marketplace

AND

The first crowdfunding campaign on the Marketplace

We make the history:

https://nxtforum.org/ebooks/the-first-mini-nxt-ebook-first-crowdfunding-campaign-with-the-nxt-marketplace/

Cool.
Activity: 714
August 21, 2014, 08:54:07 AM
Ludom has original articles for sale - and the first DGS crowdfunding campaign! (product 06)   Smiley

NXT-EAVH-SLEV-KSEE-EE2KP

The first mini ebook on the Marketplace

AND

The first crowdfunding campaign on the Marketplace

We make the history:

https://nxtforum.org/ebooks/the-first-mini-nxt-ebook-first-crowdfunding-campaign-with-the-nxt-marketplace/
Activity: 396
August 21, 2014, 07:56:46 AM

NXT-EAVH-SLEV-KSEE-EE2KP
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
August 20, 2014, 06:40:37 PM
Some aliases here, from Aliasgroup account:
(http://presentation101.com/aliasgroup/)

NXT-T3F9-K3YS-FGDE-2B6QR
legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
Activity: 252
August 20, 2014, 04:12:49 AM
SELLING: A Picture Of The Butt That Saved Bter*

Since I haven't made a dime off my participation in the negotiations, I figured that I'd try to capitalize on my "stardom" using the new digital goods store. ::shameless self-promotion::  lol

NXT-QT7P-HWS6-SABB-G59H8

Grin

Here's a pic of me in public a couple years back.  I haven't changed much, except now I have dark hair with blue streaks in it:

Now you know that you won't get a pic of some morbidly obese man butt. lol

For the full Bter heist story(with some poetic flare), read here: http://www.enterstageright.com/archive/articles/0814/cryptocurrpbterjob.htm

*I and this sale are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Bter.com

I admit. You are crazy. Haha
Activity: 280
August 20, 2014, 04:01:35 AM
Rofl. You must be kidding.

she's not kidding  Cheesy
August 20, 2014, 03:06:33 AM
Rofl. You must be kidding.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
to make more better goodness
August 19, 2014, 10:43:13 PM
SELLING: A Picture Of The Butt That Saved Bter*

Since I haven't made a dime off my participation in the negotiations, I figured that I'd try to capitalize on my "stardom" using the new digital goods store. ::shameless self-promotion::  lol

NXT-QT7P-HWS6-SABB-G59H8

Grin

Here's a pic of me in public a couple years back.  I haven't changed much, except now I have dark hair with blue streaks in it:

Now you know that you won't get a pic of some morbidly obese man butt. lol

For the full Bter heist story(with some poetic flare), read here: http://www.enterstageright.com/archive/articles/0814/cryptocurrpbterjob.htm

*I and this sale are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Bter.com
August 19, 2014, 05:12:55 PM
Btw. do not forget to tell us about how you find the feedback functionality.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
August 19, 2014, 04:52:41 PM
And all this creates volume  Grin

Volume is the natural indicator for how healthy a currency is. As it seems Nxt's health status is getting better each day.

Indeed.
August 19, 2014, 04:51:58 PM
Internet Domains for Sale on the Marketplace

Hi,

You can buy some interesting internet domains in [Nxt Marketplace]:

Seller: Domains4Sale (NXT-7GHJ-FFUP-9ERS-E7GK5)

Best regards...
August 19, 2014, 04:48:31 PM
And all this creates volume  Grin

Volume is the natural indicator for how healthy a currency is. As it seems Nxt's health status is getting better each day.
Activity: 714
August 19, 2014, 04:40:03 PM
Actually the biggest downside I can see to the DGS is that it might place downward pressure on NXT's price.  There's a lot of NXT whales, who can't pull their wallets without crashing the value of NXT, and yet are paper millionaires who want goods & services.

If there are a lot new buyers and new users, that would mean upward pressure as those people would need nxt to buy

If the sellers immediately dump their Nxt for fiat, it would cancel out the upward pressure from new buyers. However, if the sellers hold it would mean upward pressure. Some of the sellers would have to immediately sell their Nxt to buy new stock, but some might hold their Nxt.
And all this creates volume  Grin
Activity: 342
August 19, 2014, 04:38:20 PM
Actually the biggest downside I can see to the DGS is that it might place downward pressure on NXT's price.  There's a lot of NXT whales, who can't pull their wallets without crashing the value of NXT, and yet are paper millionaires who want goods & services.

If there are a lot new buyers and new users, that would mean upward pressure as those people would need nxt to buy

If the sellers immediately dump their Nxt for fiat, it would cancel out the upward pressure from new buyers. However, if the sellers hold it would mean upward pressure. Some of the sellers would have to immediately sell their Nxt to buy new stock, but some might hold their Nxt.
Pages:
Jump to: