Pages:
Author

Topic: obsolete bitcoin investment advices [change needed] - page 3. (Read 316 times)

copper member
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
1. Invest in Bitcoin with your spare money:
I can say that this advice is not necessary in today's bitcoin world. This advice was only relevant like a decade ago when bitcoin was been seen with alot of skepticism. Some saw bitcoin as  gambling, some saw it as a ponze scheme while others saw it as a bubble the will burst.
Have you forgotten that we do have bear markets that last a while?

Investing with spare money means in case of a bear market, one won't be forced to sell of there bitcoins at a lower market price just because they have to cover other expenses. Same applies to one investing what they can afford to lose. Nothing is obsolete

In today's bitcoin, we know that if you invest with your spare money you may never make any fortune from bitcoin.
But Bitcoin can still go x2 to even x7 in a bull market. How many investment options can do that in 3-4 years?
Activity: 420
Merit: 252
My post made philipma1957 wear signature
2mins 20s read.

I really feel that some bitcoin investment advices are obsolete and shouldn't be given anyone again or atleast they should be rephrased to fit the current status and position of bitcoin in today's society.

I will highlight some of the advices and the reasons they should be modified.

1. Invest in Bitcoin with your spare money:
I can say that this advice is not necessary in today's bitcoin world. This advice was only relevant like a decade ago when bitcoin was been seen with alot of skepticism. Some saw bitcoin as  gambling, some saw it as a ponze scheme while others saw it as a bubble the will burst.
In today's bitcoin, we know that if you invest with your spare money you may never make any fortune from bitcoin.

2. Invest what you are able to lose;
I have a question!
Who has ever lost in bitcoin? I do not find this advice pleasant to bitcoin. Although, this is a kind of general advice for assets that are volatile. But with bitcoin having  proven that it can resuscitate after crash, the advice should be rephrased as Invest what you will not be needing in the next few years. It will not be advisable to use the money meant for your childrens school fees for bitcoin. Just have an investment budget from your income that will not negative alter your living state. Then, when you invest for 3yrs to 5yrs duration, there's no how bitcoin will fail you.

Besides I have known people that put their retirement money into bitcoin
And
I have also seen people that have all their savings in bitcoin. What do you have to tell them?

3. DYOR (Do your own research):
This advice should be for altcoin investors. If I may ask, what kind of research is one, especially a newbie expected to make in bitcoin. Are they researching the road map of bitcoin or are they researching the developers behind it? The right thing is to know when to buy. Simply buy low and sell high.

These and some more are bothering me, I decided to let it out so that we will begin to appreciate bitcoin and not to continue seeing it as it was 10 years ago.

Pages:
Jump to: