Author

Topic: Offical launch of PhenixCoin.com - page 112. (Read 151407 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
School of Hard Knocks
May 22, 2013, 10:33:29 AM
I was going to put a miner at this coin until I downloaded the win file at http://phenixcoin.com/phenixcoin-win.zip and tested it at VirusTotal zipped and unzipped.  It finds TROJ_GEN.F47V0412 in the zipped file and in libcurl-4.dll and pthreadGC2.dll .

I wont run this until I find out whats going on.  Any info is welcome.

I would like to try the coin because of the online poker.

It's been mentioned a couple times on here already, but it seems the virus positive comes from the minerd file zipped with the client. If you delete it, it should be all clean

seems like they didnt mine onother coins since any zipped files for coins give the same warning ...all newbies startig with alt and PXC at all? Smiley
Activity: 168
May 22, 2013, 10:29:55 AM
I was going to put a miner at this coin until I downloaded the win file at http://phenixcoin.com/phenixcoin-win.zip and tested it at VirusTotal zipped and unzipped.  It finds TROJ_GEN.F47V0412 in the zipped file and in libcurl-4.dll and pthreadGC2.dll .

It's been mentioned a couple times on here already, but it seems the virus positive comes from the minerd file zipped with the client. If you delete it, it should be all clean

I took the minerd out of the zip the first day Smiley

but thanks!

M.
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
May 22, 2013, 10:29:42 AM
I was going to put a miner at this coin until I downloaded the win file at http://phenixcoin.com/phenixcoin-win.zip and tested it at VirusTotal zipped and unzipped.  It finds TROJ_GEN.F47V0412 in the zipped file and in libcurl-4.dll and pthreadGC2.dll .

I wont run this until I find out whats going on.  Any info is welcome.

Thanks for replying.

I may have not explained what I did well.  Lets try this.  

I unzipped the file and was checking the individual files at virustotal.  The libcurl-4.dll and the pthreadGC2.dll files both found something.

Do I need those files to run the win qt client?  I have not seen those files in other coin win qt's.

Just want to be safe.

(EDIT)  Oops did not see your other reply.  I will try to find the files seperate....thanks
Activity: 252
May 22, 2013, 10:29:10 AM
Gm all will be answering all private messages and emails shortly.  Need to get some coffee into my veins.....
i write in private... and answer was - you have 1k and that enough for you ... wery nice support (((

Sorry i have no private message from you and i surely did not message you with a reply like that.
Activity: 168
May 22, 2013, 10:28:55 AM

Those are standard dll's from the mingw system. You can download them from http://www.mingw.org/ if you are concerned.
Activity: 308
May 22, 2013, 10:19:24 AM

Activity: 447
May 22, 2013, 10:06:06 AM

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
May 22, 2013, 10:00:49 AM
Gm all will be answering all private messages and emails shortly.  Need to get some coffee into my veins.....
i write in private... and answer was - you have 1k and that enough for you ... wery nice support (((
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
May 22, 2013, 09:50:48 AM
Sooner or later everyone in the forum will have their own coin.
Activity: 252
May 22, 2013, 09:46:39 AM
Activity: 224
School of Hard Knocks
May 22, 2013, 09:37:15 AM
Here with the pxc devs... i see np tbh 8)p

do you mean because the design of the coin will recalc diff quickly or do you mean the devs will just manually readjust if needed Smiley

The recal, that will the devs explain i hope...

Have all my trust in the devs.. All the probs with pools payouts, poker etc..
They fixed it with a smile and make it work with no drama!

Right! Gives a good feeling all in all ... I'll rise with the Phenix lol ...
Activity: 322
May 22, 2013, 09:35:14 AM

do you mean because the design of the coin will recalc diff quickly or do you mean the devs will just manually readjust if needed Smiley

The recal, that will the devs explain i hope...

Have all my trust in the devs.. All the probs with pools payouts, poker etc..
They fixed it with a smile and make it work with no drama!
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
May 22, 2013, 09:28:19 AM

Activity: 322
May 22, 2013, 09:26:14 AM
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
May 22, 2013, 09:24:46 AM
all i want to know is how does the diff retarget compare to ftc and cnc, if miners crash out of this in the future are we left with a broken coin like those other 2 ? i know they are fixing up ftc but cnc looks dead.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
May 22, 2013, 08:31:43 AM
promised recount... but I did not see the difference before and after the so-called recount.. ((
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
May 22, 2013, 08:02:22 AM
I got a refund of 824... better than nothing but I don't think it's high enough. I mined 10 hours, at the start the stat was 22,000 per day, and at the end of the 10 hour period the stat was 10,000 per day. Averaging those out, for 10 hours I should have received ~6666 coins, and have still even with the refund received less than 1000 from the pool.

Those stats were clearly messed up. It was telling me I should have more than 50.000 a day, that would be like me finding more than 1000 blocks a day solomining = 40 blocks an hour, clearly not correct.

Not necessarily, the math added up... I was about 1/6th of the pool, and it indeed said I'd be getting 8-10 coins per block. The block time was <1 minute (confirmed to the list of solved blocks) when I went to bed and when I woke up, it was somewhere around 2-3 minutes. That correlates to >10,000/day when I went to bed, and 5-10k when I woke up.
Activity: 123
Merit: 16
May 22, 2013, 07:45:28 AM
I got a refund of 824... better than nothing but I don't think it's high enough. I mined 10 hours, at the start the stat was 22,000 per day, and at the end of the 10 hour period the stat was 10,000 per day. Averaging those out, for 10 hours I should have received ~6666 coins, and have still even with the refund received less than 1000 from the pool.

Those stats were clearly messed up. It was telling me I should have more than 50.000 a day, that would be like me finding more than 1000 blocks a day solomining = 40 blocks an hour, clearly not correct.
Activity: 117
May 22, 2013, 07:44:22 AM
This looks like a promising site, I'll keep it bookmarked.
Thanks for the site.
Activity: 56
May 22, 2013, 07:38:59 AM
Jump to: