Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 245. (Read 530493 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
:)
Can anoncoind be configured to use i2p instance running on another machine in same subnet?    if so, how?  The idea is to have one i2p gateway on secure network. thanks.

Yes you can Smiley
Code:
-samhost= - address of the SAM bridge host. If it is not specified, value will be "127.0.0.1"
-samport= - port number of the SAM bridge host. If it is not specified, value will be "7656".

Check out
Code:
https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/blob/master-0.8/doc/I2P.txt
for a full list of parameters.

Hope this works for you. Please ask if you got future questions  Smiley
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
addnode=5pbpgna6wkorazabakbgb54ep6lx4yl33msftxwhfsvd2j4gticq.b32.i2p

If you wish to donate to me at all, I would really appreciate it!
Thank you in advance:

AKsQ2xutugLvSEdtnZ517zNh77ccBUyT9H

If you mean we can add it to the I2P dns seed in the codebase, I'm gladly donating Smiley if not I'll send you some anyway, just tell me what you want Smiley

Adding it to the dns seed in the codebase would be appreciated, but if you don't want to go out of your way to do that, I'll just try to let people know the i2p address of my client. And, I would like a donation, if you don't mind; no one has ever donated to me before.  Undecided
I'm sorry if this is off topic; please don't flame at me or anything. If this is a Darknet coin:
Would it be possible to add in a feature for Freenet or YaCy into the client? [Only to be used if they are willing to use up more disk space]. I know I would use it, and since they are already using it for large block files, it could also be used to help prevent internet censorship, too! If you do consider putting YaCy/Freenet patches in it, I would be very happy to test them out for you!

I'm sorry for my grammar being crappy; I am tired and my eyes are only half-opened.

I got "check out  possibility for Freenet" on my todo list.. But YaCy, isn't that just a Distributed Search Engine?
Yes, YaCy is a Distributed Search engine. I guess it isn't a very good idea, anyway. And, thank you for putting Freenet on the list! Cheesy
Why does the OSX version not work?
openssl linking.

The Anoncoin-Qt executable clearly points to the right directory.
Code:
@executable_path/../Frameworks/libssl.1.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
@executable_path/../Frameworks/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)

However, it still try to look for libssl.1.0.0.dylib and libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib in /opt/local/lib, which is a macports directory.

Easy workaround for the OSX version until openssl is fixed

Open the Terminal.app application. You find it under Applications -> Utilities

This assumes that you got Anoncoin-Qt.app installed in your Applications folder.

Then type the following commands:
Code:
sudo mkdir -p /opt/local/lib
sudo ln -sf /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib
sudo ln -sf /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libssl.1.0.0.dylib  /opt/local/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib

Note: You will be asked for your mac account password to do administrative operations.. sudo = "Super user(Administrator) do"

The first command will create the folder, the two next will make a "shortcut/link" to the libraries inside Anoncoin-Qt.app.

I removed my /opt/local/lib/ folder temporary, then I did the commands above and Anoncoin opens.

Other news

I plan release new binaries tomorrow. Probably for all Operating Systems. Including Linux (i386/x64)

I hope the Mac OS X version is fixed by then, if not, the workaround above should fix it without any need of extra installation of applications etc. And should take no disk space at all. Sorry for this problem. If the next build won't fix it, we'll continue until it works Smiley

Thank you in advance:

If you mean we can add it to the I2P dns seed in the codebase, I'm gladly donating Smiley if not I'll send you some anyway, just tell me what you want Smiley
By the way; Today is a bughunt day. If you're on the master-0.8 branch, you probably want to compile new binaries tomorrow Smiley

Already aware, but thanks anyway  Smiley

https://github.com/Anoncoin/coinjoin - Forked for reference.

We're looking on some DHT Kademlia Library right now to intregrate into the client. This will open possibility for decentralization of CoinJoin. E.g clients share a DHT system for CoinJoin, making it decentralized. And it would help with Zerocoin as well. By the way, one of the developers from Zerocoin answered on a tweet today, so we're going to contact Zerocoin for a possible implementation.

Very interesting stuff keep up the great work.
The only alts I hold anymore are ANC and XPM. Today sold all my MEC, the link I posted was the nail in the coffin for my view on alts based only on zerocoin...

Thanks!

Funny, here too. XPM is the only alts I got myself. Besides BTC/LTC  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

We're looking on some DHT Kademlia Library right now to intregrate into the client. This will open possibility for decentralization of CoinJoin. E.g clients share a DHT system for CoinJoin, making it decentralized. And it would help with Zerocoin as well. By the way, one of the developers from Zerocoin answered on a tweet today, so we're going to contact Zerocoin for a possible implementation.

Very interesting stuff keep up the great work.
The only alts I hold anymore are ANC and XPM. Today sold all my MEC, the link I posted was the nail in the coffin for my view on alts based only on zerocoin...

I'm sorry if this is off topic; please don't flame at me or anything. If this is a Darknet coin:
Would it be possible to add in a feature for Freenet or YaCy into the client? [Only to be used if they are willing to use up more disk space]. I know I would use it, and since they are already using it for large block files, it could also be used to help prevent internet censorship, too! If you do consider putting YaCy/Freenet patches in it, I would be very happy to test them out for you!

I'm sorry for my grammar being crappy; I am tired and my eyes are only half-opened.

I got "check out  possibility for Freenet" on my todo list.. But YaCy, isn't that just a Distributed Search Engine?

Activity: 321
Merit: 250
I get that too.

This fixed it for me.  up and running now.

$ git diff net.cpp
diff --git a/src/net.cpp b/src/net.cpp
index e3197b0..b49a133 100644
--- a/src/net.cpp
+++ b/src/net.cpp
@@ -1343,7 +1343,8 @@ void MapPort(bool)
 // The second name should resolve to a list of seed addresses.
 static const char *strMainNetDNSSeed[][2] = {
     {"coinpool.in", "anoncoin.dnsseed.coinpool.in"},
-    {"anoncoin.net", "dnsseed01.anoncoin.net"}
+    {"anoncoin.net", "dnsseed01.anoncoin.net"},
+    {NULL, NULL}
 };

#ifdef USE_NATIVE_I2P
@@ -1353,7 +1354,8 @@ static const char *strI2PDNSSeed[][2] = {
     {"u2om3hgjpghqfi7yid75xdmvzlgjybstzp6mtmaxse4aztm23rwq.b32.i2p", "u2om3hgjpghqfi7yid75xdmvzlgjybstzp6mtmaxse4
     {"htigbyeisbqizn63ftqw7ggfwfeolwkb3zfxwmyffygbilwqsswq.b32.i2p", "htigbyeisbqizn63ftqw7ggfwfeolwkb3zfxwmyffyg
     {"st4eyxcp73zzbpatgt26pt3rlfwb7g5ywedol65baalgpnhvzqpa.b32.i2p", "st4eyxcp73zzbpatgt26pt3rlfwb7g5ywedol65baal
-    {"qgmxpnpujddsd5ez67p4ognqsvo64tnzdbzesezdbtb3atyoxcpq.b32.i2p", "qgmxpnpujddsd5ez67p4ognqsvo64tnzdbzesezdbtb
+    {"qgmxpnpujddsd5ez67p4ognqsvo64tnzdbzesezdbtb3atyoxcpq.b32.i2p", "qgmxpnpujddsd5ez67p4ognqsvo64tnzdbzesezdbtb
+    {NULL, NULL}
 };
 #endif

I'm having trouble getting the latest code to run:

./anoncoind -daemon
Anoncoin server starting
diatonic@alt:~/daemons$

EXCEPTION: St11logic_error       
basic_string::_S_construct null not valid       
anoncoin in dnsseed       

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
  what():  basic_string::_S_construct null not valid

I've actually deleted the old chain and tried to start fresh to no avail :-/

Trying to get my altcoin explorer updated. Debian wheezy.
Activity: 321
Can anoncoind be configured to use i2p instance running on another machine in same subnet?    if so, how?  The idea is to have one i2p gateway on secure network. thanks.

Thank you in advance:

Activity: 271
I'm having trouble getting the latest code to run:

./anoncoind -daemon
Anoncoin server starting

EXCEPTION: St11logic_error       
basic_string::_S_construct null not valid       
anoncoin in dnsseed       

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
  what():  basic_string::_S_construct null not valid

I've actually deleted the old chain and tried to start fresh to no avail :-/

Trying to get my altcoin explorer updated. Debian wheezy.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002
thanks to cozz, we just merged the Coin Control features from https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1530422 to ANC, its currently tested in testnet+mainnet and so far it seems to work as it should.
the new ANC release will have Coin Control included, if you cant wait you can compile it urself.
please checkout master-0.8 @ git if you want to try it.

you can enable Coin Control feature in the GUI @ options, but as it says its only for experts or ppls who know how TXOUTs are working. This helps for being more anyonymous on the blockchain.
if there are questions about Coin Control, feel free to ask Wink

Sounds like a great feature to add to the coin. Looking forward to testing it

BTW, price has sure jumped! very nice  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
thanks to cozz, we just merged the Coin Control features from https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1530422 to ANC, its currently tested in testnet+mainnet and so far it seems to work as it should.
the new ANC release will have Coin Control included, if you cant wait you can compile it urself.
please checkout master-0.8 @ git if you want to try it.

you can enable Coin Control feature in the GUI @ options, but as it says its only for experts or ppls who know how TXOUTs are working. This helps for being more anyonymous on the blockchain.
if there are questions about Coin Control, feel free to ask Wink
Jump to: