Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 166. (Read 5805527 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
i have API issues with cgwatcher too. I think the least version [or even 2 last ones] are crushed with API ussage.
donator
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
Wasn't there a rather big donation to get scrypt support in cgminer in the first place?
You donated?
No. Why do you ask?
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
I'm trying to use JSON API with the following command sent over RPC:
{"command":"pools"}

I'm getting .."status":"E","When":11/28/2013 07:18:45","Code":14","Msg":"Invalid command","Description":"cgminer 3.8.3"...

API works however with regular text request/response and the same call is working fine for cgminer 3.8.1

Did something changed? or is it a bug?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Wasn't there a rather big donation to get scrypt support in cgminer in the first place?
You donated?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Yes, that's why I wrote it -as pure mercenary work- and maintained it for a year and gracefully offered to hand it off, even handholding various people on how to fork the existing code. But it's just a burden on the current code and has nothing in common with bitcoin mining on asics and now earns me nothing but headaches. Plus I don't believe in altcoins of any sort so it's hypocritical of me to maintain it.
donator
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Wasn't there a scrypt readme somewhere? I can't find it anymore  Lips sealed
No scrypt support any more.

Maybe you want to reconsider that given the latest boom in price, although i don't know the reasons that you stopped in the first place.
legendary
MrTeal and I have developed mining hardware called Chili using BFL chips and it uses the BLF driver.  The driver interface / protocol defines a command (ZTX) that allows cgminer to request three voltages from the hardware.  The 3 values are typically  3.3V, 1.0V, and 12V.  cgminer displays the 3.3V value on the screen but in my opinion this is the least interesting voltage value.  I would prefer it to show the (nominal) 1.0V value as this directly impacts hashing speed and power.  On other BFL hardware, this value is fixed at the factory, but on a Chili, it is configurable by software allowing automatic overclocking.  Thus the interest in displaying this value.

Please consider this reply a formal request to change the displayed value from the 3.3V value to the 1.0V value.  If you have enough screen real estate, it should show 3 digits to the right of the decimal point.  Ex: 1.057V  Thank you.

BTW - We have added a new field to the ZCX command to distinguish our hardware apart from BFL hardware:
Code:
"MANUFACTURER: MrTeal and ChipGeek\n"

Yep I'll change it in the next few days Smiley
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
MrTeal and I have developed mining hardware called Chili using BFL chips and it uses the BLF driver.  The driver interface / protocol defines a command (ZTX) that allows cgminer to request three voltages from the hardware.  The 3 values are typically  3.3V, 1.0V, and 12V.  cgminer displays the 3.3V value on the screen but in my opinion this is the least interesting voltage value.  I would prefer it to show the (nominal) 1.0V value as this directly impacts hashing speed and power.  On other BFL hardware, this value is fixed at the factory, but on a Chili, it is configurable by software allowing automatic overclocking.  Thus the interest in displaying this value.

Please consider this reply a formal request to change the displayed value from the 3.3V value to the 1.0V value.  If you have enough screen real estate, it should show 3 digits to the right of the decimal point.  Ex: 1.057V  Thank you.

BTW - We have added a new field to the ZCX command to distinguish our hardware apart from BFL hardware:
Code:

We're not as scary as we may appear. If you push code via github to cgminer that doesn't affect other drivers, we will probably give you some basic changes we'd prefer before merging the code with cgminer, but are happy to include code with the master cgminer code if you do it that way and are happy to support it. Ideally we prefer to get the hardware ourselves so we can extend/develop/bugfix/support the code for the hardware ourselves until the hardware is no longer relevant, but if not, I'm happy to merge code from you while you personally support the code unless it interferes with other drivers or the code stops being supported as bugs appear (which they always do).
Activity: 198
Merit: 100

Code:
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
OK, tested!  Aside [again] The previous run of 3.5.1 lasted 25 hours without problems, although I do remember seeing a few AMU LEDs come on yesterday for a couple of seconds and I noticed some messages which were something like the following (completely from memory, as no logging enabled, can't remember the exact mS timings):
  [2013-11-xx xx:xx:xx] TIMEOUT AMUx something took xxx mS, was xxx mS
  [2013-11-xx xx:xx:xx] TIMEOUT AMUy something took xxx mS, was xxx mS
The above disturbances didn't cause any problems, so it may just be normal network problems, but I haven't noticed them before, so perhaps it's important, perhaps not.

Anyway, the test of cgminer-ffs ran for almost 2 hours, then a zombie appeared.  I turned on debug from the display and let run for a further 5 minutes, then stopped it.

Logfile is here:
  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44240170/logfile-ffs.txt

Thanks for that. No you were getting the timer overruns previously as well. I saw them on your successful logging when you put it up so even when it's "fine" it's not entirely fine, it's just that it sort of recovers.

Next!
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/temp/cgminer-w00t.exe

EDIT: And one greater than 9000:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/temp/cgminer-9001.exe
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Thanks very much for that. Believe it or not I am (very slowly) making progress.

Here's the next test please:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/temp/cgminer-ffs.exe

OK, tested!  Aside [again] The previous run of 3.5.1 lasted 25 hours without problems, although I do remember seeing a few AMU LEDs come on yesterday for a couple of seconds and I noticed some messages which were something like the following (completely from memory, as no logging enabled, can't remember the exact mS timings):
  [2013-11-xx xx:xx:xx] TIMEOUT AMUx something took xxx mS, was xxx mS
  [2013-11-xx xx:xx:xx] TIMEOUT AMUy something took xxx mS, was xxx mS
The above disturbances didn't cause any problems, so it may just be normal network problems, but I haven't noticed them before, so perhaps it's important, perhaps not.

Anyway, the test of cgminer-ffs ran for almost 2 hours, then a zombie appeared.  I turned on debug from the display and let run for a further 5 minutes, then stopped it.

Logfile is here:
  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44240170/logfile-ffs.txt

And.... back to 3.5.1 for the evening!
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
yeah, i searched for it after my post
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
are vga still supported?

New release: Version 3.8.1, 10th November 2013

GPU mining in any form is gone. Long live GPU mining (see previous post). New hardware support in this release and massive change with removal of GPU mining, but only bugfixes to the remainder of the code so to existing users this should be a safe upgrade, in keeping with even number releases sounding more stable.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
are vga still supported?

and why i can't copy past anymore with cgminer?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Can you try fff again and this time when it gets into the loop of errors, enable debug in the display menu and continue logging for a bit please?

OK, done.  Aside: The previous overnight run of 3.5.1 went for 14 hours, no faults.

Started cgminer-fff again.  After about 3 hours I got several LEDs full on for a few seconds. Two of them went out and resumed mining but the 3rd appeared in the display as a zombie.  I was sitting next to the PC at the time, so turned on debug straight away.  I left it running for a further 5 minutes then stopped it.

Logfile here, but I suspect it's not going to help:
  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44240170/logfile-fff2.txt

And...... Back to 3.5.1 again :/

Thanks very much for that. Believe it or not I am (very slowly) making progress.

Here's the next test please:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/temp/cgminer-ffs.exe
legendary
I am using minepeon (cgminer3.6.4) with a Jalapeno and observing that DAcc (Difficulty Accepted) is 60-85% when mining with the eligius pool and 100-105% when mining with BTCguild. (both pools had min difficulty set to auto, but even when I changed BTCguild to 8+GH/s, the difference in percentage roughly stayed the same)
Can someone elaborate a bit on the Dacc calculation and the difference I am observing between the two pools, does it affect my share contribution accordingly???
I checked github, but I was a bit lost. I also asked at the minepeon forum but the dev just parsed the DAcc value and could not elaborate on the calculation method.

Thank you in advance

Have I asked in the wrong thread? :-)
Please advise if so...
DA is the value in 1diff of all shares accepted.
If you submit 10 50diff shares and all are accepted then DA would be 500

I've no idea what you mean those % numbers are.
Activity: 9
I am using minepeon (cgminer3.6.4) with a Jalapeno and observing that DAcc (Difficulty Accepted) is 60-85% when mining with the eligius pool and 100-105% when mining with BTCguild. (both pools had min difficulty set to auto, but even when I changed BTCguild to 8+GH/s, the difference in percentage roughly stayed the same)
Can someone elaborate a bit on the Dacc calculation and the difference I am observing between the two pools, does it affect my share contribution accordingly???
I checked github, but I was a bit lost. I also asked at the minepeon forum but the dev just parsed the DAcc value and could not elaborate on the calculation method.

Thank you in advance

Have I asked in the wrong thread? :-)
Please advise if so...
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
his from 3.8.3 may give a clue:
 [2013-11-26 11:54:02] SEM: Icarus USB open failed '/tmp/cgminer-usb-1-58' err (24) Too many open files

It revives the zombies until it runs out of file descriptors on unix.  Maybe some similar resource exhaustion is happening on Windows?

Interesting thought. It's easy enough to raise the number of file descriptors allowed in unix, but the default on windows should be much higher. Either way we should be removing the semaphores when the devices get zombied so that's at least one fix worth adding, thanks.

EDIT: Checked the code and the semaphores are being removed so that's not it.
Activity: 35

Logfile here, but I suspect it's not going to help:
  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44240170/logfile-fff2.txt

And...... Back to 3.5.1 again :/

This from 3.8.3 may give a clue:
 [2013-11-26 11:54:02] SEM: Icarus USB open failed '/tmp/cgminer-usb-1-58' err (24) Too many open files

It revives the zombies until it runs out of file descriptors on unix.  Maybe some similar resource exhaustion is happening on Windows?

Summary of runtime statistics:

[2013-11-26 11:54:14] Started at [2013-11-23 11:22:25]
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] Pool: http://api.polmine.pl:8347
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] Runtime: 72 hrs : 31 mins : 49 secs
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] Average hashrate: 1298.2 Megahash/s
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] Solved blocks: 0
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] Best share difficulty: 204K
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] Share submissions: 47169
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] Accepted shares: 46323
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] Rejected shares: 846
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] Accepted difficulty shares: 76307
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] Rejected difficulty shares: 919
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] Reject ratio: 1.8%
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] Hardware errors: 837
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] Utility (accepted shares / min): 10.64/min               
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] Work Utility (diff1 shares solved / min): 13.76/min

[2013-11-26 11:54:14] Stale submissions discarded due to new blocks: 0         
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] Unable to get work from server occasions: 0               
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] Work items generated locally: 130566
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] Submitting work remotely delay occasions: 0               
 [2013-11-26 11:54:14] New blocks detected on network: 508
Jump to: