Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 169. (Read 5805527 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Hey guys, i have a problem, i get nothing at mining.

I mine 10-30 minutes and nothing happened, i will get LW (i dont know what it means) and some NB(i dont know what it means)  but i have all time 0khash/s.
I don t know what is wrong, in the past i had mined bitcoins whit 200mhash (gpu) and now 0khash??? There must be something wrong. I mean this is with cpu i think but there muste be some khash.... What is wrong?
You don't have any hardware for cgminer to mine with. It is no longer a cpu or gpu miner.

What was the last version with GPU support and would that one work with Blue Furys?

3.7.2, and it had red/blue fury support though not sure if the performance was down on that version.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
What need it else?

EDIT: ok i saw it asic fpga never heard before from it^^
Activity: 490
Merit: 501

I mine 10-30 minutes and nothing happened, i will get LW (i dont know what it means) and some NB(i dont know what it means)  but i have all time 0khash/s.
I don t know what is wrong, in the past i had mined bitcoins whit 200mhash (gpu) and now 0khash??? There must be something wrong. I mean this is with cpu i think but there muste be some khash.... What is wrong?
You don't have any hardware for cgminer to mine with. It is no longer a cpu or gpu miner.

What was the last version with GPU support and would that one work with Blue Furys?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Activity: 61
Trying to run it on my laptop, and cgminer crashes.

Catalyst mobility 13.9; cgminer any version I've tried... tried as far back as 2.10.1

Any help on what drivers to use to not crash cgminer?

Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   cgminer.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   50c5c2b3
  Fault Module Name:   cgminer.exe
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   50c5c2b3
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00022c9e
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   bff4
  Additional Information 2:   bff41f1be3cd4d1bb87c59a3b18ce19f
  Additional Information 3:   b59a
  Additional Information 4:   b59a7986763d996ceaff15c0752ec258
ty^^ i saw it at the moment^^
Activity: 108
What do i wrong?

Code:
C:\Users\PCJK123>Desktop\cgminer-3.8.2-windows\cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.coinex.pw:9015 -u rGqRsWc7eDGRZBBQu.awgawgaw-p awgawg
 [2013-11-22 15:24:56] Unexpected extra commandline arguments

You're missing a space between your workername and "-p"

This:

Code:
-u rGqRsWc7eDGRZBBQu.awgawgaw-p awgawg

Should look like this:

Code:
-u rGqRsWc7eDGRZBBQu.awgawgaw -p awgawg
nov
Activity: 433
Merit: 251
Independent crypto developer
I do not know what are advantages?
Did not try it yet.

I am new to mining.

Started this week.

I use Raspberry PI and ASIC Butterfly 30 GHs.

Why not use something like MinePeon? 
Activity: 1246

Why not use something like MinePeon? 
nov
Activity: 433
Merit: 251
Independent crypto developer

I have configured auto start of cgminer, which works perfectly.

But it always reports "USB device in use" type of message, if I remove power cord and put it back in this case.
I need to manually delete /tmp/cgminer-usb-1-4 file to cgminer be able to access the ASIC USB device.

Could you advice how to automate process the way that the cgminer will always have access to USB device?
Activity: 35
Merit: 0

Restarted with cgminer this morning with 3.8.2 + patches from git master.  It has been 6 hours, and 8 ASICs have gone zombie, and then been rediscovered without issue.  So, this looks like a keeper on Fedora 19!

With this approach, the AMU number will keep rising.  How high can it go before restarting is advisable?  Does each disabled AMU use memory?  Or is it just a matter of overflowing 2^31 ?  Restarting weekly is probably a sane policy. 

After approx. 2 days, half of the ASIC units are zombies again.  BUT, now simply restarting the software did not awake them.  I had to unplug, and replug the failed units.  (Fortunately, when they aren't hashing, they don't burn your fingers!) 

This reminds me of the ALWAC II [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axel_Wenner-Gren ] at Naval Research Labs.  It had 256 bytes all electronic (vacuum tube) RAM, which was paged in its entirety from a magnetic drum memory.  Computations within the page of RAM were blindingly fast by the standards of the day, and the Fortran compiler was able to optimize for this.  However, because 256 bytes (with parity) was a lot of vacuum tubes, the failure rate was fairly high.  You needed to run your program 3 times, and if it got the same answer 2 out of 3 times, you were good.   

Why does this remind me of USB ASIC mining?  Well, a ground breaking invention on the ALWAC was a parity bit on each byte of memory.  Each byte was on its own vacuum tube board, with a neon (high reliability) lamp which glowed when the parity check failed.  An apprentice had a cart of vacuum tubes, and would race down the aisle to each board that was lit, replace all 9 tubes (they could be tested and the good ones recycled later), and run to the next.  That's what I feel like, checking for the green LEDs on the USB ASIC array, and replugging the units.
Activity: 71
The way of the future...
is there code to check if my user has plugdev permissions?

Edit: I figured it out. Went through the steps one more time and then did a hard reboot from terminal. I booted cgminer and the k16's began hashing.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
OK so I have compiled cgminer onto my laptop running Ubuntu. But when i run cgminer and it runs the config file it follows with an error saying that no devices were found. I have three klondike 16's hooked up to a usb hub. I followed directions but i did not install ADL_SDK. I did not think I needed it since i am not gpu mining. Do i need something else? OR do i Need ADL_SDK?

No. Did you copy the udev rules file?

I did try to copy that file into the 01-cgminer.rules file but terminal did not respond. I rebooted and my computer still did not recognize the miners. Perhaps I am using the wrong code. But it was from the ASIC readme.

Firstly
lsusb
should show something like:
Code:
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 04d8:f60a Microchip Technology, Inc.
for each Klondike ... just to be sure they are plugged in Smiley

Next
./cgminer -n
should show details about each

Also try running as sudo ./cgminer .... to see if it is a privilege (udev) problem
(i.e. you didn't do what the README says to do)
The way of the future...
OK so I have compiled cgminer onto my laptop running Ubuntu. But when i run cgminer and it runs the config file it follows with an error saying that no devices were found. I have three klondike 16's hooked up to a usb hub. I followed directions but i did not install ADL_SDK. I did not think I needed it since i am not gpu mining. Do i need something else? OR do i Need ADL_SDK?

I did try to copy that file into the 01-cgminer.rules file but terminal did not respond. I rebooted and my computer still did not recognize the miners. Perhaps I am using the wrong code. But it was from the ASIC readme.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Activity: 1246

Catalyst 13.9+ seems to crash CGminer 2.10.5+ with it's OpenCL driver.

Use the 12.8 drivers.  They were the only ones that ever worked properly for me.
The way of the future...
legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
Just got some weirdness in the "undead" test (Win7 64).

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3611753

Edit update: my undead run has now gone over 96 hours without a crash. Latest quirks include finding AMUs 17 18 19 21 26 30-33 running and 0-3 flagged as zombies. Unplugging the hub reset them to 0-11, all zombies and one missing for some reason. Replugging the hub set them as 34-46 (all accounted for). A while later I saw an LED on and one AMU flagged as a zombie in the display. Before I could intervene, it repaired itself. The "zombie" label went off and the unit started hashing again - I didn't notice what number it was assigned to, distracted because I had never seen that display change happen before - perhaps it's not unusual. Presently the AMUs are allocated 34-40 and 43-48. I didn't see 41 or 42 get reallocated, but presumably they are now 47 and 48.

Edit update: 120 hours in to the undead run. One more zombie, reported as AMU0 (but see above list of numbers allocated). It restarted fine when swapped. Allocations are now 34 35 36 38 40 43 44 48-53, so several have been successfully reallocated without intervention in the last 24 hours.

Jump to: