Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 203. (Read 5805531 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Raspberry Pi still crashes after some minutes.
Nothing in logs, just a complete freeze.

hmmm. got 27 block errupters running on raspi with 3.6.4.... works pretty nice here!

-> http://imgur.com/a/j5vTt
Sweet Smiley
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

hmmm. got 27 block errupters running on raspi with 3.6.4.... works pretty nice here!

-> http://imgur.com/a/j5vTt
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Unofficial Mac binaries for 3.6.4 now posted.

cgminer for Mac OS X 3.6.4 (direct download link)
http://spaceman.ca/cgminer (website)
Activity: 435
Merit: 250
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
3.6.4 works great on Macs again, thank you! Cheesy

There are two minor bugs, but they don't affect mining.  The first one occurs during building, where I must now explicitly use "--disable-adl" whereas I didn't need to in 3.6.3.  ADL isn't used on the Mac, so it's no loss, but since it is a non-default option it's a caveat Mac users will need to remember if they want to successfully build it for 3.6.4.  Here is readout from make:

Code:
In file included from ./sha2.h:36,
                 from cgminer.c:52:
./miner.h:127:30: error: ADL_SDK/adl_sdk.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ./sha2.h:36,
                 from cgminer.c:52:
./miner.h:288: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘ADLTemperature’
cgminer.c: In function ‘write_config’:
cgminer.c:4393: error: ‘struct gpu_adl’ has no member named ‘overtemp’
cgminer.c:4396: error: ‘struct gpu_adl’ has no member named ‘targettemp’
make[2]: *** [cgminer-cgminer.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Again, using "--disable-adl" solves it.  The other bug(?) occurs when quitting cgminer, the following messages are output.

Code:
[2013-10-18 11:27:04] Received kill message
[2013-10-18 11:27:05] AMU0: Comms error (rerr=-4 amt=0)
[2013-10-18 11:27:05] Thread 2 failure, exiting
[2013-10-18 11:27:05] Failed to read errno=0 in usbutils.c usb_resource_thread():3737
[2013-10-18 11:27:05] Shutdown signal received.

The "usbutils.c" error (4th line down) I think is atypical.  Neither of these affect usability of the program.  Thanks for the great update!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
I just upgraded my Windows machines from 3.1.1 to 3.6.4 and was wondering if it's possible to have each accepted share show as "1" instead of the share's actual value? I've been checking the readme but can't find anything.

Thanks for your great work, ckolivas.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I'll try 3.6.4 when I get home. Good you found the problem. Just makes me wish I could direct update from my phone right now.
Activity: 476
let's have some fun
just saw this right now at kncminers homepage:
All,

We have our source code here for those of you who are intrested, We will most likely open up a public github when our engineers have time, but until then you can download the source code from the links below
www.kncminer.com/userfiles/file/cgminer_knc.zip
www.kncminer.com/userfiles/file/cgminer_knc.tgz

These links will also be availble under our Support page

Thanks

KnCMiner Team
That's nice to see their sauce at last. Furthermore, KFC have finally decided to engage us (well just me) and are sending me a unit. Unfortunately for KFC users, I am currently being paid by other manufacturers to work on their drivers, so modifying the KFC driver will go lower priority than those other manufacturers, but I will get around to it eventually. [sic]
In hope it pushes the priority a little I'd like to mention that buyers of KFC's 'ultimate boxes' will donate for improvements made on KFC sauce  Wink
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
New version: 3.6.4 - 18th October 2013

Thank you for your patience through this rough ride of changes in 3.6. Hopefully we're close to a stable release on all OSes now. There are actually some other bugfixes in this one besides more libusb massaging.

Human readable changelog:

- Found the source of the memory leak on windows AND the source of the too many files open error on OSX. Both have been rectified, and fully asynchronous transfers are used on all OSes.
- Fixed numerous causes of problems on shutdown.
- Fixed some BFLSC parameters not being read properly.
- Fixed the problem of lost communications and lots of errors on devices on shutdown and possibly unsuccessful shutdown/reset.
- Fixed a bug where  bogus work was being generated at extreme hashrates.
- Decreased the overhead in generating more work for queued devices (eg BFLSC).
- Fixes to klondike driver

Full changelog:

- Fixing the memory leak for remaining semaphores means we can go back to using
async transfers on other OSes with our own timeout management again.
- Use the forcelog function on shutdown to cope with indeterminate console lock
states due to killing of threads.
- Add a forcelog variant of applog which invalidates any console lock to force
output.
- Send pthread_cancel to failed completion_timeout that has timed out.
- Simplify queued hashtable by storing unqueued work separately in a single
pointer.
- bflsc use getinfo chip parallelization if it is present
- bflsc - fix brackets so [Chips] isn't always null
- Remove unused variables.
- Use cgcompletion timeouts for the unreliable shutdown functions on kill_work.
- Fix cgcompletion return code and free on successful completion.
- Provide a cg_completion_timeout helper function for unreliable functions that
takes arbitrary functions and parameters and reliably returns.
- Perform sync transfers on shutdown to allow final transfers to complete.
- Destroy cgsems used after transfers to not leave open files on osx.
- klondike rewrite work control
- allow __work_complete() access
- miner.h allow devices to tv_stamp work
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
All,

We have our source code here for those of you who are intrested, We will most likely open up a public github when our engineers have time, but until then you can download the source code from the links below

Thanks

KnCMiner Team
That's nice to see their sauce at last. Furthermore, KFC have finally decided to engage us (well just me) and are sending me a unit. Unfortunately for KFC users, I am currently being paid by other manufacturers to work on their drivers, so modifying the KFC driver will go lower priority than those other manufacturers, but I will get around to it eventually. [sic]
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
They all seemed to come back up when I replugged them. I was hoping you found a way to catch it and stop calling the device when it thought I was out of memory and clean the memory out.

I'm going to run it for a few hours and see what happens. I hope nothings going bad  CryHuh....
The idea is that it isn't supposed to run out of memory instead.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
All,

Thanks

KnCMiner Team
They all seemed to come back up when I replugged them. I was hoping you found a way to catch it and stop calling the device when it thought I was out of memory and clean the memory out.

I'm going to run it for a few hours and see what happens. I hope nothings going bad  CryHuh....
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.

Completely at a loss of how to fix this.
json_decode() is corrupting the data, and it's a built-in feature of PHP (5.2 in my case).
Googling around, I'm not seeing anyone else with the same problem.

absolutely stumped :/
Does miner.php work OK?

Nope, it's php issue.

I''ll see if I can upgrade php.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Hey, 3.6.3 just had a memory error again Embarrassed. I was able to close cgminer by pressing q but still ended up closing and moving back to 3.5.1 Sad

It ran for what seemed all night and then I had to close it for whatever reason and I saw the no memory flickering in my screen Shocked Shocked Shocked.

I hope you can eventually find a work around or permanent fix for this and make it "pretty" again Kiss Wink Wink [without requiring the need to dump windows].
Woah woah, believe it or not this is good news (I think). I have an idea, and will post some experimental exes again shortly.
They're up in the usual place:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/temp/
Just died about now. 5-6 devices showed as sick and one as zombie. cgminer had a caption trying to restart. Apparently it didn't. I did try to back run to 3.5.1 and now it doesn't recognize 2 devices saying incorrect driver. I'm going to pull them in the morning and  pop them back in  then restart.
Thanks for testing. I'm going to be brave and say this is unrelated since it's a totally different type of failure, suggestive of hardware failure, perhaps usb perhaps heat. Once you get them going again could you please retry the experimental exe you downloaded?
Hey, 3.6.3 just had a memory error again Embarrassed. I was able to close cgminer by pressing q but still ended up closing and moving back to 3.5.1 Sad

It ran for what seemed all night and then I had to close it for whatever reason and I saw the no memory flickering in my screen Shocked Shocked Shocked.

I hope you can eventually find a work around or permanent fix for this and make it "pretty" again Kiss Wink Wink [without requiring the need to dump windows].
Woah woah, believe it or not this is good news (I think). I have an idea, and will post some experimental exes again shortly.
They're up in the usual place:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/temp/
Just died about now. 5-6 devices showed as sick and one as zombie. cgminer had a caption trying to restart. Apparently it didn't. I did try to back run to 3.5.1 and now it doesn't recognize 2 devices saying incorrect driver. I'm going to pull them in the morning and  pop them back in  then restart.
Activity: 591
When using with Eligius it tells me to use this line:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u YourAddress -p x -I 9

Towards the end of that line, can someone let me know what the "x -I 9" means? I can't seem to find it in any of the readme files.

Thanks
The "x" would be your password (preceded by the -p flag) and the "-I 9" would set your GPU intensity to 9, assuming you're mining with a GPU. If you're not GPU mining, the intensity flag is unnecessary.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
When using with Eligius it tells me to use this line:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u YourAddress -p x -I 9

Towards the end of that line, can someone let me know what the "x -I 9" means? I can't seem to find it in any of the readme files.

Thanks
Activity: 467
Just updated to windows 8.1 and my BFL SC Jalepeno would no longer work.

Heads up for anyone else having issues, the problem is not with cgminer but the USB driver. You just need to open zadig again and apply the WinUSB driver.

X

USB problems?

Buy a $40 raspberry Pi, grab one of the mining-pre-loaded distros like

MiningPeon -- http://minepeon.com/index.php/Main_Page
 PiMiner -- http://learn.adafruit.com/piminer-raspberry-pi-bitcoin-miner/

And don't worry about windows broken-ness any more... totally worth it.

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I just need the no-gpu file I use right?

I let you know in the morning if I don't awake to errors. At least the eroupters go bright green when then poop out.
Yes, just replace the exe you normally use with the equivalent one from in there. Thanks.
Jump to: