Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 251. (Read 5805531 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Ah ok. Lastly little single?

Honestly I don't know if that firmware applies to Jalapeños, and I've never tried, but if it does, then trying out the various speeds per device would be wortwhile.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
Woo! I found Kano's guide on setting up Arch Linux on RPi, Helped me get my Linux on my Tablet working! Bad news is it keeps spewing out
Code:
AMU0: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
Any clue what the heck is wrong?
Possibly the same as my post above ... ?
So compile a working usblib and recompile cgminer with it as per the readme at line 112? I was hoping I wouldn't need too but I'll do it.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Honestly I don't know if that firmware applies to Jalapeños, and I've never tried, but if it does, then trying out the various speeds per device would be wortwhile.
legendary
Thank you. Any reason to take my jalapenos from 5 to .6?

For the brave (and very few) BFL SC single owners out there that wish to flash your devices to try and get the last bit of hashrate out of them, I have uploaded 3 different compiled firmwares here:

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/BitForce_SC/BitForce_SC_1.2.6ck.zip

They all try to enable extra engines than the default firmware does, but in addition I have made 3 different speed ones available, they're tagged 7,8 and 9.

I suggest you start with the 7 first, and if your HW error% rate is less than 2%, try the next one up. I have two singles and one worked best with the 7 version while the other with the 9, so each device will be different.

Remember to put the pins right when connecting your AVR dragon to flash it, and note the different device that Amtel Studio tells you the single is (compared to the Jalapeno) and change your settings accordingly.

If you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, then just ignore this message, since it assumes lots of prior knowledge about flashing the Jalapeno.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Woo! I found Kano's guide on setting up Arch Linux on RPi, Helped me get my Linux on my Tablet working! Bad news is it keeps spewing out
Code:
Possibly the same as my post above ... ?

Edit: there's a test program in my cgminer-binaries git to tell you if that's the problem
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/blob/master/usbfail.c
legendary
Let me start off by saying that I'm quite new to mining and am definitely not experienced with git or using the Terminal. I'm on a mac and used the tutorial on nwoolls.com to get started. I am using 4 USB Asic Block Eruptors and until this evening was having no problems at all.

I came home tonight and noticed I wasn't generating any shares and started trying to figure out what was wrong. I ended up trying to update CGminer but given my lack of experience, managed to muck that (as well as Homebrew) up, and had to start over. Unfortunately, the tutorial at nwoolls.com no longer seems to work for me.

I stumbled across this thread and downloaded Karin's miner files and that will get CGminer 3.3.4 running but I am getting a TON of the following two messages:

AMU1: TIMEOUT GetResults took 1711ms but was 100ms
USB: AMU1 read1 buffering 4 extra bytes

It also seems to only be recognizing 3 of my 4 miners.

Did I screw something up? Did one of my miners go bad? Or...? Again, I am sorry if this is too noob of a question but I'd be happy to send a small tip to anyone that can help me figure this out.

Thanks!
This directly relates to the whole libusb monologue I've been having in here over the last month
That specifically means your libusb on your mac is bugged - the timeout option when doing I/O isn't working
The README says how to build with a working libusb and it works on Linux and Windows - no idea about a Mac ...
Tell whoever Karin is to read the README ...
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
For the brave (and very few) BFL SC single owners out there that wish to flash your devices to try and get the last bit of hashrate out of them, I have uploaded 3 different compiled firmwares here:

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/BitForce_SC/BitForce_SC_1.2.6ck.zip

They all try to enable extra engines than the default firmware does, but in addition I have made 3 different speed ones available, they're tagged 7,8 and 9.

I suggest you start with the 7 first, and if your HW error% rate is less than 2%, try the next one up. I have two singles and one worked best with the 7 version while the other with the 9, so each device will be different.

Remember to put the pins right when connecting your AVR dragon to flash it, and note the different device that Amtel Studio tells you the single is (compared to the Jalapeno) and change your settings accordingly.

If you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, then just ignore this message, since it assumes lots of prior knowledge about flashing the Jalapeno.
Activity: 235
Code:
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Let me start off by saying that I'm quite new to mining and am definitely not experienced with git or using the Terminal. I'm on a mac and used the tutorial on nwoolls.com to get started. I am using 4 USB Asic Block Eruptors and until this evening was having no problems at all.

I came home tonight and noticed I wasn't generating any shares and started trying to figure out what was wrong. I ended up trying to update CGminer but given my lack of experience, managed to muck that (as well as Homebrew) up, and had to start over. Unfortunately, the tutorial at nwoolls.com no longer seems to work for me.

I stumbled across this thread and downloaded Karin's miner files and that will get CGminer 3.3.4 running but I am getting a TON of the following two messages:

AMU1: TIMEOUT GetResults took 1711ms but was 100ms
USB: AMU1 read1 buffering 4 extra bytes

It also seems to only be recognizing 3 of my 4 miners.

Did I screw something up? Did one of my miners go bad? Or...? Again, I am sorry if this is too noob of a question but I'd be happy to send a small tip to anyone that can help me figure this out.

Thanks!
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I tried this with nogpu.exe, but not working.
You are using a VERY old version of cgminer ... get the current one.
Yes - 3.1.1 working with
cgminer-nogpu.exe -o eu-stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u user -p pass --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S \\.\COM3 -S \\.\COM4
With 3.3.4 not working.
All of those options do nothing for  the latest version, and worse, they stop it from working.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1002
Yes - 3.1.1 working with
Code:
cgminer-nogpu.exe -o eu-stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u user -p pass --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S \\.\COM3 -S \\.\COM4
With 3.3.4 not working.
bzh
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
want to move past 3.1.1 on my pi with BE's but i really dislike arch. does 3.3.4 still have usb issues with rasbian wheezy? Is there a custom libusb that works with it yet?

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere i did a few searches and could not find anything. Thanks.
How to compile with the known working libusb is documented step by step in README (I added it in 3.3.2)
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/README#L112

It is actually not many commands: get, extract, configure, make, autogen.sh cgminer (with the new libusb) then the rest as usual
I have that working libusb source archive in my cgminer-binaries also:
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries

Was able to follow your directions with 3.3.4 but unfortunately its not working. If a single usb device is connected to the onboard hub it never finishes booting. I troubleshot for a few hours yesterday to no avail. Even when i get it started it halts or reboots when i connect any usb device.

I started from a clean wheezy but one compiled with FBTFT drivers and then configured to use my 2.8" screen. I think setting that up may have prevented cgminer 3.3.4 or the libusb to build correctly or maybe theres just a conflixt.

legendary
legendary
As per the README ...
--usb BAS:0 will ignore all BFLSC devices.
There are more options with that ... as written in the README ...
I need to disable my BFL LS for cgminer. Any solutions?

Code:
2013-08-14 23:21:13] BitForce detect (1:2) failed to initialise (incorrect
e?)
2013-08-14 23:21:18] USB init, open device failed, err -12, you need to ins
a Windows USB driver for - BAS device 1:2
2013-08-14 23:21:18] BitForceSC detect (1:2) failed to initialise (incorrec
ice?)
Activity: 168
How can I run cgminer with windows and mine  with a avalon?`I want to connect him via USB.  

Are the avalon drivers included in the  windows version?

yes!

you have to run zadig to change to the winusb drivers. (also see asic readme)
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Vertrau in Gott
How can I run cgminer with windows and mine  with a avalon?`I want to connect him via USB. 

Are the avalon drivers included in the  windows version?
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
Apparently I inspired this image.
Luckily the default settings are too cold for batch3 so it will not harm your device, just crank the fans up to maximum.

Actually it quickly exceeds the default cutoff temp and shuts the chips down, oscillating as they cool down and warm back up. Only harm is lost mining time.
legendary
What does the Avalon interface look like?
Jump to: