Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 544. (Read 5805546 times)

legendary
Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003
Don`t panic! Organize!
Driver: 12.6
Card: XFX 6770
Cgminer: 2.5.0
It is still hanging after a while if NOT use --no-adl ... It can be ever fixed somehow?
Or can I do something to debug that?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
After running 2.5.0 overnight, the reported rejects are only 0.5% now vs. 1.5% before (with the BFL singles).
That's (partly) because they're not reported. There's also about as many valid shares being silently dropped, as the shares actually being prevented.
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY FORUM THREAD WITH YOUR FUD
Speaking the truth by calling out false claims is not FUD.
You now have the dubious honour of being the first ever person on this forum I've ignored.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
After running 2.5.0 overnight, the reported rejects are only 0.5% now vs. 1.5% before (with the BFL singles).
That's (partly) because they're not reported. There's also about as many valid shares being silently dropped, as the shares actually being prevented.
This was my face when I read that:  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Speaking the truth by calling out false claims is not FUD.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Thanks for the feedback. That was one of the improvements mentioned that I finally got sick of the arguments over and coded up the solution myself. Glad it works for you  Smiley
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
I don't think it means anything.
AFAIK, DW is work requests that have been discarded for whatever reason. Work that has not be started, just retrieved from the server then thrown away.

I typically get 10-15% discards.

Yes, I believe I spoke too soon. After closer inspection, it seems upon detection of a new block, it dumps everything under - I'm guessing - ST to DW. Just getting rid of old work that has not been processed yet for a block that matters none anymore.

For some reason it seems as though one of the miners always takes about 5 or 6 seconds longer to realize there's a new block. Maybe because of the lack of long poll, the prompt with higher hash speed will always notice first because it needs to send something to realize it's not longer relevant. This would suggest that if you have to use multiple computers to host your gpu's/devices, you should try to spread hash speed as evenly as possible. For solo mining of course, where with long poll this wouldn't matter. At least this is my guess. Not related to CGMiner I know, but I wanted to put it anyway Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
I'd like to chime in and say that after upgrading to CGminer 2.5.0, I'm getting an increased number when dividing DW by Q while solo mining. Doing this USED to get me ~ .003 - .006 in BFGminer 2.4.4. Now I'm getting above .01 on 2 different machines, both running Win 7x64. To be honest I'm not even sure doing this math means anything while solo mining, but it's what I've been doing to try and see how much work has been useless, and I can't see it being a good thing. Running 11 singles with a couple odd gpu's in 2 different cmd prompts across 2 machines.

Do these numbers actually mean nothing when solo mining or..? I figured I'd post this just in case. Maybe it was for naught Smiley

I don't think it means anything.
AFAIK, DW is work requests that have been discarded for whatever reason. Work that has not be started, just retrieved from the server then thrown away.

I typically get 10-15% discards.
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
I'd like to chime in and say that after upgrading to CGminer 2.5.0, I'm getting an increased number when dividing DW by Q while solo mining. Doing this USED to get me ~ .003 - .006 in BFGminer 2.4.4. Now I'm getting above .01 on 2 different machines, both running Win 7x64. To be honest I'm not even sure doing this math means anything while solo mining, but it's what I've been doing to try and see how much work has been useless, and I can't see it being a good thing. Running 11 singles with a couple odd gpu's in 2 different cmd prompts across 2 machines.

Do these numbers actually mean nothing when solo mining or..? I figured I'd post this just in case. Maybe it was for naught Smiley
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.
Just upgraded to cgminer 2.5.0 on BAMT 0.5, so far so good with 5 BFLs, 1 GPU.
Activity: 807
It does in Linux, and that's what I'm mainly using Smiley
Fair enough.  For some reason, I was thinking you were specifically discussing Windows.  Either I crossed this conversation with another one in the same thread or I confused the -S designations for Windows vs Linux (I don't own any BFL product to help keep this straight in my head, and I was only trying to help).
legendary
This is not OK.
It does in Linux, and that's what I'm mainly using Smiley
Activity: 807
When you unplug a device then plug it back in it enumerates to a different port. Cgminer doesn't scan ports (yet) so it can't work out where it's gone.

For what it's worth, I'm pulling the plug on the power (the laptop that's running cgminer keeps running on batteries).  When I restart cgminer, it's still using the same serial ports (specified on the command line with -S).

In that case I'm thinking windows isn't closing / reopening the port properly.

Edit:
Yeah, a quick look suggests that a wait between closing and reopening may help.
I'm confused as to why the port would change.  My experience with various removable serial ports (USB and otherwise, spanning at least 4 or 5 different device drivers) in Windows is that the enumerate the same consistently so long as they are plugged in the exact same port.  IOW, as long as any hubs are connected/initialized in the same order (so that the USB ports are still addressed the same) and the same singles are connected to the same USB ports, the same serial port numbers should be used.  Unless something is different about the controller BFL uses, the serial port numbers shouldn't change (Windows would need to think the same controller was plugged into a different port or a different controller was plugged into the same port when that hadn't happened).  I could see a mini-rig having a problem with address consistency if the chained hubs get detected in a different order, but I've never seen that happen with built-in ports or single hubs on a desktop or laptop.  Am I missing something?
legendary
This is not OK.
When you unplug a device then plug it back in it enumerates to a different port. Cgminer doesn't scan ports (yet) so it can't work out where it's gone.

For what it's worth, I'm pulling the plug on the power (the laptop that's running cgminer keeps running on batteries).  When I restart cgminer, it's still using the same serial ports (specified on the command line with -S).

In that case I'm thinking windows isn't closing / reopening the port properly.

Edit:
Yeah, a quick look suggests that a wait between closing and reopening may help.
Activity: 344
Merit: 250

For what it's worth, I'm pulling the plug on the power (the laptop that's running cgminer keeps running on batteries).  When I restart cgminer, it's still using the same serial ports (specified on the command line with -S).
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
... and anyone looking for an Xubuntu 11.04 compile of 2.5.0
-> cgminer-2.5.0a at the top of https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer/downloads
(I'm running this executable at the moment on both my rigs)
legendary
This is not OK.
legendary
This is not OK.
Anyone else having a problem of cgminer saying their BFL is over the heat threshold when it's only at 45C and stopping work on it? Sad
Check your configuration file or command line doesn't have temperature parameters for GPU(s), and that zero is being used for the BFL.

I found this too. My config file had 95 set for my two GPUs, then nothing more specified. by default, it should set any remaining devices to 95, but it didn't. I'm thinking it set it to 0. Anyway, I removed the conf. line and it worked fine.
Jump to: