Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 584. (Read 5805546 times)

legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
Is it possible, that I can tell windows in the "cgminer.bat", that the window must be more big (fullscreen) for start?
I think ye can do this with a PIF file.
I'm not near my Win7 machines now, but I *think* the way I have done this is to:

1. click Start->Run, type "cmd", hit
2. a command prompt window will appear in its default size.
3. click the icon in the top-left corner of its title bar to bring down the system menu
4. click 'Properties' to bring up a dialog box.
5. (optional): in the Font tab choose your preferred font and size.
6. (important): in the Layout tab set the Windows Size to Width:100, Height:40
7. click 'ok' to dismiss the dialog.
8. close the command prompt window

Now when you run any command prompt again, it will come up in this new size. Double-click your .bat file, and the command prompt window that opens should have the new dimensions.

I am quite certain I have set my window size to Width:100 and Height:40 (other similar values have worked as well). You may be right that cgminer will crash in its default size of 80:25 ... I've never tried that as 80:25 is too small for what I like to see. Let us know how you make out.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Is it possible, that I can tell windows in the "cgminer.bat", that the window must be more big (fullscreen) for start?
I think ye can do this with a PIF file.
Activity: 871
Merit: 1000
C5 exception means that a pointer to an unallocated memory was accessed.

It is probably coding error in some logging function (%s vs %d would be my first choice).

Try real quiet option to disable all output.

--real-quiet

It is worth to try.
yes.... working...... it shows messages like submit staleshares!!
but no other infos anymore?
There you go. Problem solved.  Bug is still there.

Nice bit of diagnosing, af_newbie!

I have tried to reproduce Tinua's issue with the cgminer crash using 11 Singles. I used cgminer 2.3.6 on Windows 7/64.

Result: it works fine for me. All 11 are detected, and cgminer is able to mine with all 11 without any issue (other than a minor display formatting issue for the status line for the 11th Single ... BFL10 ... it is offset by 1 character).

Again, note that I have used Windows 7/64 for this trial; Tinua found the issue on Windows 8/64.

Hi Epoch

I make some test with Win7/64 and Win/64 again.

If I open cgminer direct with "cgminer.bat", it will crash with 10 BFL's! With bigger computer-display and bigger resolution, crash with 12 BFL's!
If I open first "cmd.exe" and make the command-window more big (fullscreen), then start "cgminer.bat"......cgminer works with all BFL's!!
It looks like, if cgminer have not enought space in the window for show his full statistic...then he crash!

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/2l63LapiXl/CGminer1.jpg.html
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/IzRRELG87/cgminer2.jpg.html

Thats really windowslike  Huh

Regards
Tinu
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
12.4 broke something and requires dummy plugs in order for cards not to be throttled by ulps.
It's fucking true, Dont touch 12.4, I was FUDGED for 2days
Activity: 236
Merit: 109
Disabled ulps! NOTHING changed
legendary
cgminer does not seem to detect my connected bfl single ... is there a setting that i'm missing?
If you are in Windows, your basic command line should look something like this:

Code:
cgminer -o  -u  -p  --disable-gpu -S COM6

The '-S COM6' is the relevant part for your Single. It happens to be COM6 for me, but it will likely be something else for you.

You'll need to open up Device Manager, go to the Ports section, and you should see an entry that looks like 'USB Serial Port (COMx)'. Whatever 'COMx' is in your case, that's what you put into cgminer's '-S COMx' setting. Then your Single should be detected.

edit: I should add that if your COM port is greater than 9, you need to use the 'longhand' form for cgminer. So if, for example, your assigned COM port for your Single was COM12, your command line would need to look like this:

Code:
cgminer -o  -u  -p  --disable-gpu -S \\.\COM12

I've only used the config file for settings, can this not be done from there? Also I've never been clear, when you say command line are you referring to running it from the command prompt?

I think you and I are on opposite sides of the same boat: you've only used the config file and I've only used the 'command prompt' (to use your terminology).  Wink

Actually to be more specific, I tend to debug my parameters using the command prompt and then, when I confirm cgminer is working as I want, I create a .bat file to execute it directly with those parameters.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
12.4 broke something and requires dummy plugs in order for cards not to be throttled by ulps.
Hi guys! Updated CGminer to 2.3.6 and Catalyst to 12.4 and the framerate has dropped on my 3x5870 GPUs, 6950 is OK!

I cleaned OS from all drivers and 2.6 SDK, installed 2.5 SDK and 12.4 drivers and I can not return the performance back.

3x5870 are below 400 MH\s, I am used to see them working at ~430-450 MH\s.

Please tell me how to configure CGminer or OS to get MAXIMUM performance!

THANX

My CGminer config:

cgminer -o *** -u *** -p *** -I d,10,10,10 --gpu-fan 80-100 --gpu-engine 850,970-990,920,960 --gpu-memclock 300
                                                                                                          ll        ll       ll      ll
                                                                                                          V       V       V     V
                                                                                                       6950, 5870,  5870, 5870

Deleted .bin files after for miner to create new ones.

Created .bin are:
phatk120223Caymanv2w128l4
phatk120223Cypressv2w128l4

And there is another thing:

clocks for 5870 GPUs are different but their hashrate is the same, why???
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468

It is probably a coding error in some logging function (%s vs %d would be my first choice).

--real-quiet

It is worth to try.
legendary

It is probably coding error in some logging function (%s vs %d would be my first choice).

--real-quiet

It is worth to try.

There you go. Problem solved.  Bug is still there.
Have done it, nothing changed!

And there is another thing:

clocks for 5870 GPUs are different but their hashrate is the same, why???

Created .bin are:
phatk120223Caymanv2w128l4
phatk120223Cypressv2w128l4
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Hi guys! Updated CGminer to 2.3.6 and Catalyst to 12.4 and the framerate has dropped on my 3x5870 GPUs, 6950 is OK!

I cleaned OS from all drivers and 2.6 SDK, installed 2.5 SDK and 12.4 drivers and I can not return the performance back.

THANX

My CGminer config:

cgminer -o *** -u *** -p *** -I d,10,10,10 --gpu-fan 80-100 --gpu-engine 850,970-990,920,960 --gpu-memclock 300
                                                                                                          ll        ll       ll      ll
                                                                                                          V       V       V     V
                                                                                                       6950, 5870,  5870, 5870
As per the readme... delete the .bin files when you change SDKs if you want the new SDK to "take".

THANX

My CGminer config:

ll        ll       ll      ll
                                                                                                          V       V       V     V
                                                                                                       6950, 5870,  5870, 5870
legendary
I loaded from kolivas-server

The funny is:
- 10 BFL's with 1 instance working
- 11 BFL's with 1 instance crashing
- 1x 8 BFL's and 1x 7 BFL's together with 2 instances working

@af_newbie
"-S bitforce:COMXX" crashing also with more then 10 BFL's

I will set up an 11-unit cluster with 1 instance of cgminer 2.3.6 when I get home later this evening and try to reproduce the issue you are having (if no solution or confirmation is found by then).

I am running Win7/64, not Win8/64, so if it works for me we cannot conclude much. But if I confirm a crash with 11 Singles on Win7/64 (as you've done on Win8/64) then it points to a problem with cgminer.

Tinua,

This is most likely an issue with your USB hub. I have 15 singles running on one instance of cgminer.

Best,
gigavps

Update: With ufasoft-miner no issue....working with 15BFL's in series including hot-swap......no crash!

Tinua,

The error message is not very descriptive.
Check if Windows Error Reporting is enabled.

For Win7,
http://www.syschat.com/enable-disable-windows-7-error-reporting-5394.html

Not sure it might in the same spot on Windows 8. 
tinua do you use a german or english version of windows?
I use "Windows8-ConsumerPreview-64bit-German"
I will try this evening with Win7/64 like Epoch do, but with german version and see what happen.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
cgminer does not seem to detect my connected bfl single ... is there a setting that i'm missing?
If you are in Windows, your basic command line should look something like this:

Code:
cgminer -o  -u  -p  --disable-gpu -S COM6

The '-S COM6' is the relevant part for your Single. It happens to be COM6 for me, but it will likely be something else for you.

You'll need to open up Device Manager, go to the Ports section, and you should see an entry that looks like 'USB Serial Port (COMx)'. Whatever 'COMx' is in your case, that's what you put into cgminer's '-S COMx' setting. Then your Single should be detected.

edit: I should add that if your COM port is greater than 9, you need to use the 'longhand' form for cgminer. So if, for example, your assigned COM port for your Single was COM12, your command line would need to look like this:

Code:
cgminer -o  -u  -p  --disable-gpu -S \\.\COM12

I've only used the config file for settings, can this not be done from there? Also I've never been clear, when you say command line are you referring to running it from the command prompt?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
tinua do you use a german or english version of windows?
legendary

--real-quiet

It is worth to try.
There you go. Problem solved.  Bug is still there.

Nice bit of diagnosing, af_newbie!

I have tried to reproduce Tinua's issue with the cgminer crash using 11 Singles. I used cgminer 2.3.6 on Windows 7/64.

Result: it works fine for me. All 11 are detected, and cgminer is able to mine with all 11 without any issue (other than a minor display formatting issue for the status line for the 11th Single ... BFL10 ... it is offset by 1 character).

Again, note that I have used Windows 7/64 for this trial; Tinua found the issue on Windows 8/64.

--real-quiet

It is worth to try.

There you go. Problem solved.  Bug is still there.
Thanks for help!
Now we need only one, that fix the bug  Wink
Till then, i have to go back to 2 instances for having temp and hash display

Go sleep now...I have 11.30pm and must go work at 5am

Regards
Tinua
legendary
Sorry...I d'ont know how i can post pictures!?

upload it to fileswap.com (no account is needed) and post a link here.
Jump to: