Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 597. (Read 5805546 times)

legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
Might it have something to do with the fact that in COM has 2 digits instead of 1? Has anyone else run into this issue?
Yes. You need to use the full path if it's more than 1 digit.
Code:
cgminer -S \\.\COM10
That did the trick. Thanks, Luke!
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Might it have something to do with the fact that in COM has 2 digits instead of 1? Has anyone else run into this issue?
Yes. You need to use the full path if it's more than 1 digit.
Code:
cgminer -S \\.\COM10
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
I've run into a problem running 10 BFL Singles with cgminer 2.3.3 (Windows 7 32-bit). My Singles are assigned to COM ports COM3-COM12 inclusive. I use the following command line:

Code:
cgminer -o http://pool -u  -p  --disable-gpu -S COM3 -S COM4 -S COM5 -S COM6 -S COM7 -S COM8 -S COM9 -S COM10 -S COM11 -S COM12

cgminer reports this error:

Code:
[2012-04-23 22:54:00] Started cgminer 2.3.3
[2012-04-23 22:54:00] Icarus Detect: Failed to open COM10
[2012-04-23 22:54:00] Icarus Detect: Failed to open COM11
[2012-04-23 22:54:00] Icarus Detect: Failed to open COM12

It then mines with 7 Singles (COM3-COM9) but doesn't use COM10-COM12). Why is cgminer detecting an Icarus product on COM10-COM12? I have no Icarus, only BFL.

I then tried Ufasoft, and Ufasoft detects and uses all 10 Singles without any issue. Cgminer, however, seems to have trouble with COM10, COM11, and COM12. Might it have something to do with the fact that in COM has 2 digits instead of 1? Has anyone else run into this issue?

If I simplify the command line to only the following:

Code:
cgminer -o http://pool -u  -p  --disable-gpu -S COM10 -S COM11 -S COM12

cgminer comes back with "all devices disabled, cannot mine!" (after the 'Icarus Detect: Failed to open COM10' messages).

Any ideas? Cgmine doesn't seem to be happy with COM10-COM12 but is perfectly happy with COM3-COM9.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

But why would you upgraded to an old version?

my bad for not keeping with the all the versions.

still I am wondering why a command that used to work with the api, does not work with 2.2.6.  

WARN: '{"command":"summary"}' returned nothing

Either you don't have access to the API since you haven't granted access or you mistyped it.

If you didn't mistype that, then if you use your original cgminer API settings then that command will work.

The access control changed so that if you didn't modify your cgminer options, you would still have read access, but no write/priviledged access.

As I stated at the time - it was a security fix.
Granting access to destroy your rig or steal your hashes by default seemed like a bad idea.
You now have to choose to let people destroy it or steal hashes (the 'W:' prefix)

I'll waste my time posting the relevant RPC API contents of the README since you didn't read it all:
RPC API

If you start cgminer with the "--api-listen" option, it will listen on a simple TCP/IP socket for single string API requests from the same machine running cgminer and reply with a string and then close the socket each time
If you add the "--api-network" option, it will accept API requests from any network attached computer.

You can only access the comands that reply with data in this mode.
By default, you cannot access any privileged command that affects the miner -
you will receive an access denied status message see --api-allow below.

You can specify IP addresses/prefixes that are only allowed to access the API with the "--api-allow" option e.g. --api-allow W:192.168.0.1,10.0.0/24 will allow 192.168.0.1 or any address matching 10.0.0.*, but nothing else
IP addresses are automatically padded with extra '.0's as needed
Without a /prefix is the same as specifying /32
0/0 means all IP addresses.
The 'W:' on the front gives that address/subnet privileged access to commands that modify cgminer.
Without it those commands return an access denied status.
Privileged access is checked in the order the IP addresses were supplied to "--api-allow"
The first match determines the privilege level.
Using the "--api-allow" option overides the "--api-network" option if they are both specified
With "--api-allow", 127.0.0.1 is not by default given access unless specified

See that last line ...

If you don't run the current version, you can read the NEWS to work out when different options were added.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
Is 0/0 a valid IP range?
If you want local access, try
Code:
W:192.168.1.0/24

Assuming your lan uses 192.168.1.x
It sounds like it used to work, so I'm assuming the goal is to allow all IPs.  If so, I would try something like 172.0.0.1/0 (since it seems to be checking the address format), and if all addresses is not the goal, another important piece of information might be that 127.0.0.1/32 would be localhost only.

this is in the readme at git:

You caused your own problem.

Let me reword what you said for you:

"I upgraded to an old version that doesn't support 0/0
The current version does support 0/0
Why doesn't the old version magically have the 0/0 code in it that was written after it?"

The problem is you didn't upgrade to the version that supports 0/0 ...
If you upgrade to before a version that supports something ... ... it means it wont work ... ...

If you read the NEWS file it will tell you which version added the code that supports 0/0

my bad for not keeping with the all the versions.

still I am wondering why a command that used to work with the api, does not work with 2.2.6.  

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Is 0/0 a valid IP range?
Code:

It sounds like it used to work, so I'm assuming the goal is to allow all IPs.  If so, I would try something like 172.0.0.1/0 (since it seems to be checking the address format), and if all addresses is not the goal, another important piece of information might be that 127.0.0.1/32 would be localhost only.

You caused your own problem.

Let me reword what you said for you:

"I upgraded to an old version that doesn't support 0/0
The current version does support 0/0
Why doesn't the old version magically have the 0/0 code in it that was written after it?"

The problem is you didn't upgrade to the version that supports 0/0 ...
If you upgrade to before a version that supports something ... ... it means it wont work ... ...

If you read the NEWS file it will tell you which version added the code that supports 0/0

Activity: 383
Merit: 250
Both 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 windows versions stop working on user switching.
2.3.1 works well.
Win7 x64, SDK 2.6.
User switching?... What on earth has the cgminer version got to do with that?

I don't know O_o.
But when I return back to the user running cgminer I see that no more shares were submitted since I switched out.
It just staying still.

This is a Windows 7 issue, it has nothing to do with cgminer.  W7 doesn't operate the same as XP did, anything that the user has running is suspended when that user is logged out or another user is switched to.  In XP you could continue to have programs running with a logged out user, not in Win 7.

No, Win7 doesn't suspend tasks of inactive user.
It does make something weird with drivers when switching between users but again it isn't full termination or suspend.
Anyway 2.3.1 have enough luck to work well behind the scene and behave alive when I switch to the user where It runs.

I wonder if something was changed between 2.3.1-2 and 2.3.2 and caused such behavior?

Didn't Ckolivas change it in 2.3.2 to restart ADL if it stopped and in 2.3.2 changed it to just restart cgminer if ADL stopped working? When you log out or switch users, Catalyst stops running thus no ADL.
legendary
Is 0/0 a valid IP range?
Code:

It sounds like it used to work, so I'm assuming the goal is to allow all IPs.  If so, I would try something like 172.0.0.1/0 (since it seems to be checking the address format), and if all addresses is not the goal, another important piece of information might be that 127.0.0.1/32 would be localhost only.

legendary
Is 0/0 a valid IP range?
Code:

thank you sir...  

now we get this from my old api call:  arrrgggg...

Code:

this is why i loath to 'upgrade' anything... 
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
Is 0/0 a valid IP range?
Code:

Activity: 518
Is 0/0 a valid IP range?
Code:

legendary

I know this is a busy thread, i try not to post unless needed...

I upgraded one of my rigs from 2.2.1 to 2.2.6.  I am having trouble with the API calls now.

this is my conf snippet
Code:

"api-listen" : true,
"api-network" : true,
"api-port" : "4028",
"api-allow" : "W:0/0",

but this is what I get when I start cgminer:

Code:
  API not running (no valid IPs specified) - API will not be available

help
Activity: 591
No idea  Huh Only time someone reported something along these lines they discovered the display GPU wasn't actually the one they thought it was in cgminer. The GPU numbers don't always make sense and are just whatever OpenCL tells cgminer.
Well I know I have the right one; my top (display) GPU's fan always runs a couple hundred RPM faster than my second one. I've tested it quite a bit with different settings on each (and I think I would probably be able to tell if my display GPU was running at 8 intensity Tongue).

Also, what intensity is usually recommended for 6870s?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Hey guys! i add a 5870 and a 5830 running perfectly on cgminer, but when i added a 5750 via a x1 extender cable cgminer crashes everytime i try to open it. I tryed doing no overclocking to the cards etc etc and nothing works. Some help please! Smiley

after that error msg cgminer crashes.
Try deleting any .bin files you have in the cgminer directory and starting again. If that fails, try specifying a different worksize for the 57x0 to the 58x0 (eg -w 256,256,128 if the 5750 is last).
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Are there any downsides to running 1 thread per GPU on a normal pool? Every time I try enabling that second thread, my hashrate drops severely and my system becomes really slow.
It usually adds only a small amount to the hashrate in the order of 1-3% depending on device.
Alright. Do you maybe know why it's doing that? I know I used to use 2 threads back when I was on Windows and it ran just fine. Also it seems to be just the display GPU that suffers, but being on dynamic intensity, it's supposed to set itself to 1 thread anyway, right?
No idea  Huh Only time someone reported something along these lines they discovered the display GPU wasn't actually the one they thought it was in cgminer. The GPU numbers don't always make sense and are just whatever OpenCL tells cgminer.
Are there any downsides to running 1 thread per GPU on a normal pool? Every time I try enabling that second thread, my hashrate drops severely and my system becomes really slow.
It usually adds only a small amount to the hashrate in the order of 1-3% depending on device.
Alright. Do you maybe know why it's doing that? I know I used to use 2 threads back when I was on Windows and it ran just fine. Also it seems to be just the display GPU that suffers, but being on dynamic intensity, it's supposed to set itself to 1 thread anyway, right?
Activity: 840
Merit: 529
Hey guys! i add a 5870 and a 5830 running perfectly on cgminer, but when i added a 5750 via a x1 extender cable cgminer crashes everytime i try to open it. I tryed doing no overclocking to the cards etc etc and nothing works. Some help please! Smiley

after that error msg cgminer crashes.
donator
Activity: 543
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Jump to: