Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 603. (Read 5805546 times)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 566
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
ckolivas!  please put the option to use CPU mining back in cgminer!    I will donate all my coins!   Many of my friends and I REALLY need this option.
One of the main reasons I stopped including it was the lack of adequate donations. I have earned about .2BTC from people donating for CPU mining, and approximately 1000 times that for GPU mining development. How much are you offering? I doubt you'll be able to offer me enough to make me interested, but if you do, sure, I'll build you a binary and make it available for everyone to download (I don't do things in secrecy).
2btc?

donator
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Love this miner and just posting to follow the news on it.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
ckolivas!  please put the option to use CPU mining back in cgminer!    I will donate all my coins!   Many of my friends and I REALLY need this option.
One of the main reasons I stopped including it was the lack of adequate donations. I have earned about .2BTC from people donating for CPU mining, and approximately 1000 times that for GPU mining development. How much are you offering? I doubt you'll be able to offer me enough to make me interested, but if you do, sure, I'll build you a binary and make it available for everyone to download (I don't do things in secrecy).
Activity: 518

Something smells fishy right here.

Can you say botnet Shocked

I knew that people were selling a version of cgminer branded as "iMiner" with both CPU and GPU mining ability.

Pretty sad thing to steal ckolivas' work and brand it as a botnet miner for $10.
Got another feature request for the API. 2 in fact:

1) be able to read the worker name of a pool over the API
When using multiple workers for things like GPUmax, its currently impossible to distinguish between them. I can understand password being hidden, but the username is even visible on the screen, so why not expose at least the worker name over the API when calling the "pools" command ?

2) ability to delete pools over the API.
This has been discussed before, but its possible to do it in the CLI, it would be great if this were enabled over the API too; its one of the last things an alternate GUI using the API cant do.

Ill pledge 2.5 BTC for each feature if they make it into the mainline.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
These link might help you some with the OC, you will need to get 11.6 Drivers at least to be able to OC on Ubuntu 11.04 with Cgminer. Otherwise you have to do a Bios flash.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ubuntu-1104-natty-64bit-headless-bitcoin-mining-with-ati-115-binary-driver-9239 Shows how to properly add drivers in Ubuntu for Ati.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/radeonvolt-hd5850-reference-voltage-tweaking-and-vrm-temp-display-for-linux-10228 The might help for over volting if your card supports it.

Cgminer wouldn't over volt mine however the radeonvolt did, got my 5850 stable at 396mash.

Thank you very much! Best miner I tried so far!

Setup on Xubuntu 11.04 was easy. Now I need to figure how to optimise my miner.
Xubuntu can be installed on usb stick?

Sorry for off-topic.
... my sig Tongue
(which also happens to be included with cgminer ...)
Q: What happened to CPU mining?
A: Being increasingly irrelevant for most users, and a maintenance issue, it is
no longer under active development and will not be supported unless someone
steps up to help maintain it. No binary builds supporting CPU mining will be
released but CPU mining can be built into cgminer when it is compiled.

FOUND IT!

anyways. how can i compile cpu mining into cgminer???
Q: What happened to CPU mining?
A: Being increasingly irrelevant for most users, and a maintenance issue, it is
no longer under active development and will not be supported unless someone
steps up to help maintain it. No binary builds supporting CPU mining will be
released but CPU mining can be built into cgminer when it is compiled.

FOUND IT!
when i try to enable cpu mining i always get this error "[2012-04-17 12:47:23] 2 9: -C: unrecognized option"     same thing happens when i try the --enable-cpu param.    Any suggestions?

Read the included README carefully and with great attention...

I just did.  Can you give me a hint?  a quote maybe? sorry for my noobiness Sad    i just can't figure this out

CPU mining is no longer included.

Does this forum have a facepalm icon Cheesy ?
when i try to enable cpu mining i always get this error "[2012-04-17 12:47:23] 2 9: -C: unrecognized option"     same thing happens when i try the --enable-cpu param.    Any suggestions?

I just did.  Can you give me a hint?  a quote maybe? sorry for my noobiness Sad    i just can't figure this out
Activity: 349
Merit: 250

Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Thanks, guys! Don't want to waste my 1.5 tb hdd for dedicated miner. Only one issue remains is a working undervolting app for 6xxx cards under linux.

If you find anything let me know. I had to resort to reflashing the BIOS for undervolting/underclocking for my 6990s. After mucking about I found some stable values (and greatly reduced power consumption), but would have much preferred a software solution.

Activity: 535
 Thanks, guys! Don't want to waste my 1.5 tb hdd for dedicated miner. Only one issue remains is a working undervolting app for 6xxx cards under linux.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Sorry for off-topic.
... my sig Tongue
If you want to boot Linux on a USB stick on my GigaByte board it won't work with standard method. The only way I found is to make a Win98 bootable USB stick via HP USB Disk Storage Utility ( http://hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool.en.softonic.com/ with the DOS files included in some tutorial found with Google). Then you can use Unetbootin or StartupDiskCreator.

But I did follow your tutorial and it was very well written. Thank's!
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

Sorry for off-topic.
... my sig Tongue
vip

Sorry for off-topic.
Yes, if you already use Linux just burn it to your USB stick using StartupDiskCreator if you want persistence (needed for mining).

If you are using Windows then burn it to a CD/DVD or with Unetbootin (make it bootable but without persistence) on a USB stick. Boot Xubuntu with this CD/DVD/USB stick, then insert another stick to burn via StartupDiskCreator included with Xubuntu.
Activity: 535

Sorry for off-topic.
vip
Ok now everything seem fine. I wonder if I should OC or optimise something else? If I want to switch to P2Pool, I only need to reduce intensivity by 1?

Fan speed= 85%
Intensivity= 9
AutoGPU= enabled
GPU0: 5850
GPU1: 5870

Should I leave my new toy alone now?
Jump to: