Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 604. (Read 5805546 times)

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Yeah, Gigabyte boards don't like to boot from USB with BAMT on them.  It's a known problem.

Strangely the behavior of giga boards seems to vary from model to model and even bios version to bios version so you can get "lucky".  That being said it is one reason I steer clear of gigabyte (I liked them pre-Bitcoin).  I mean bootstrapping is one of those core BIOS functions.  If a BIOS can't handle all supported methods of booting it shouldn't be sold.   Period.
True but I can't really RMA the board since NCIX specify that I can only exchange it for the same model...
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Yeah, Gigabyte boards don't like to boot from USB with BAMT on them.  It's a known problem.

Strangely the behavior of giga boards seems to vary from model to model and even bios version to bios version so you can get "lucky".  That being said it is one reason I steer clear of gigabyte (I liked them pre-Bitcoin).  I mean bootstrapping is one of those core BIOS functions.  If a BIOS can't handle all supported methods of booting it shouldn't be sold.   Period.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Why is it so damn hot in here?
Thank you very much! Best miner I tried so far!

Setup on Xubuntu 11.04 was easy. Now I need to figure how to optimise my miner.
You're most welcome. Feel free to ask away here giving your hardware and software details as there are plenty of people who have can be very helpful on this forum who have likely used that combination.
Could not boot BAMT via USB with my motheboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3. I then tried LinuxCoin but CGminer with Xubuntu was the best solution for this particular motherboard.

Yeah, Gigabyte boards don't like to boot from USB with BAMT on them.  It's a known problem.
vip

You're most welcome. Feel free to ask away here giving your hardware and software details as there are plenty of people who have can be very helpful on this forum who have likely used that combination.
Could not boot BAMT via USB with my motheboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3. I then tried LinuxCoin but CGminer with Xubuntu was the best solution for this particular motherboard.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/

vip

On the side;

I'm beginning to believe that that any form of communication can be reduced to a meme at this point.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Hi folks,

Sorry for cross-posting, but I figured folks watching this thread would be interested.

I just released the first version of a Cacti template for monitoring CGMINER (Summary, Devices and Pools are supported). Details and more sample graphs are available here.

Here are a few teaser graphs:

Total Average Hash Rate (from MHS av)

Total Hash Rate (computed from Total MH)

Total Utility

Total Work

Total Efficiency (computed from Accepted and Getworks)

Total Errors

Devs

Average Hash Rate

GPU Clock

Hash Rate

Temperature

rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
Nah I get his point. I haven't bashed AMD yet today and it's a great way to start the day.

FUCK YOU AMD.
WITH A LARGE STICK - PREFERABLY THIS ONE:

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Okay, I'm going to need you to go ahead and rewrite the ATI linux drivers, m'kay.  There is a nice shiny bitcoin in it for you.   Kiss

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/18714658.jpg
lol - yeah right.
Consider about 10,000 of them and someone might be interested ...
Nah I get his point. I haven't bashed AMD yet today and it's a great way to start the day.

FUCK YOU AMD.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

Okay, I'm going to need you to go ahead and rewrite the ATI linux drivers, m'kay.  There is a nice shiny bitcoin in it for you.   Kiss

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/18714658.jpg
lol - yeah right.
Consider about 10,000 of them and someone might be interested ...
WTF is ATT and is it cross platform software with source?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATI_Tray_Tools
 Sadly, It's only for Windows and closed source. But he can be contacted at Guru3d forum or via his mail [email protected].
 http://guru3d.com/bio.php?authorid=32
In other words it uses windows only tricks that won't work on linux. Eventually you will come to the same endpoint that everyone does when asking this same question of me, and so I will have to add this to the FAQ from now on.

There are limits to what overclocking features will work within cgminer as it uses the ATI display library to do the overclocking. While cgminer will allow you to set values outside the bios limits, it does not mean they will work. Some cards will allow it, others will only allow it after a bios flash, and the rest will either reject the value or silently ignore it and pretend it worked. Other tricks that bypass the driver and poke the cards directly will not work in cgminer, and will not be usable in a portable cross platform software way.

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
that will be fine, and do you want to insert the quad support too?

"Are you talkin' to me?"

Yes, I've already asked for details on what changes in the API, and will have a look at BTCMiner sources as soon as I can get my hands on them. While I don't plan to own these quads soon, I do want cgminer to have the best possible ztex hardware support.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
that will be fine, and do you want to insert the quad support too?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Is there any news on ztex support? (If it's actually planned)

ztex is supported on my branch https://github.com/nelisky/cgminer/tree/ztex but:

- hotplug support, while working is based on a "hack" to cgminer and will not yet be pushed to the main cgminer, if ever.
- you can use my code right now, but it has not been verified by ckolivas. I am in the process of splitting ztex support / hotplug support so I can make a pull request for the former, which will happen very soon.
donator
Activity: 543
Is there any news on ztex support? (If it's actually planned)
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Thanks for the suggestion,

I'll give it a try
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
 Sadly, It's only for Windows and closed source. But he can be contacted at Guru3d forum or via his mail [email protected].
In other words it uses windows only tricks that won't work on linux. Eventually you will come to the same endpoint that everyone does when asking this same question of me, and so I will have to add this to the FAQ from now on.

There are limits to what overclocking features will work within cgminer as it uses the ATI display library to do the overclocking. While cgminer will allow you to set values outside the bios limits, it does not mean they will work. Some cards will allow it, others will only allow it after a bios flash, and the rest will either reject the value or silently ignore it and pretend it worked. Other tricks that bypass the driver and poke the cards directly will not work in cgminer, and will not be usable in a portable cross platform software way.
Activity: 535
There's another issue tho - I can't change voltage for 6870 in cgminer, for 5770 its working fine. This is the only one issue which stops me from moving to linux.
 Btw it's possible to integrate similiar overclocking system as in ati tray tools, so it will be possible to underclock memory to 300 mhz and lower with cgminer for 6xxx series? Maybe ATT dev using some simple trick for it.
No, they're the limits of software manipulation without device specific hacks that are only available to certain vendors (i.e. not me).
Any other linux apps then which can undervolt it?  Huh

Maybe just ask Ray Adams (ATT developer) how he did it? It's actually pretty funny that ATT is the only one app that can underclock memory of 6xxx series to 300 mhz or lower. Shocked Something is plain wrong here. Eh, maybe because he's russian?  Grin
Jump to: