Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 96. (Read 5805523 times)

Activity: 650
Merit: 500
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
Hi,

Having a small problem with Cgminer 4.3.3 and Blackarrow bitfury boards.

Every so often I get a (duplicate) share that is indeed a dupe of a share just before it.

I changed line 529 from #define BAB_WORK_EXPIRE_mS 7800 to 5800.  This seems to have helped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Edit: My pool is Eligius.
Edit#2: Line 529 seems to have minimal effect on "dupes". Tongue
No one has any ideas?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
ckolivas I would really appreciate an answer to this question.

As far as I know this is not something asked before and could prove useful to other Bitburner Fury users too.
I don't have one and didn't write the support so not sure (maybe Kano can help). Generically separating dud hardware from good is always a good idea.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
ckolivas I would really appreciate an answer to this question.

As far as I know this is not something asked before and could prove useful to other Bitburner Fury users too.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Hi I see there is support for nf2 and nf6 could you add support for nanofurys devices that are chained together as I have 5 nanofurys chained. And also to set the bit speed of each individual bitfury chip. This is possible in bfgminer
Usual story with hardware I haven't seen before: I'm happy to take patches, but I cannot write the code to support them without the hardware myself or suitable sponsorship.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Hi I see there is support for nf2 and nf6 could you add support for nanofurys devices that are chained together as I have 5 nanofurys chained. And also to set the bit speed of each individual bitfury chip. This is possible in bfgminer

Thanks
Paul
Activity: 531
Merit: 505
I am using latest cgminer to solo mine on testnet and I think there is a bug with handling the testnet difficulty. After no block for 20 minutes, testnet difficulty drops down to 1.0, but cgminer still requires work of previous (high) difficulty (12.3K now).

>bitcoind getwork      returns "target" : "0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000d54050000000000"
>bitcoind getinfo       returns  "difficulty" : 1.00000000

Is this a bug in cgminer?
Activity: 252
I am having trouble compiling cgminer, pretty much any version from the past few months on either Mac OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) or 10.6.11 (Snow Leopard) I am using the Mac ports collection for the dependencies, and I was able to comilpe a few months ago but can't anymore, so something has changed.

The error I get is:

Code:
Making all in libusb-1.0
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make  all-recursive
Making all in libusb
  CC       os/libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.lo
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Headers/usb/IOUSBLib.h:27:0,
                 from os/darwin_usb.h:27,
                 from os/darwin_usb.c:43:
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Headers/usb/USB.h:584:9: error: too many #pragma options align=reset
 #pragma options align=reset
         ^
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Headers/usb/IOUSBLib.h:27:0,
                 from os/darwin_usb.h:27,
                 from os/darwin_usb.c:43:
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Headers/usb/USB.h:754:9: error: too many #pragma options align=reset
         ^
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Headers/usb/USB.h:806:9: error: too many #pragma options align=reset
         ^
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Headers/usb/USB.h:824:9: error: too many #pragma options align=reset
         ^
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Headers/usb/USB.h:844:9: error: too many #pragma options align=reset
         ^
make[5]: *** [os/libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.lo] Error 1
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Using gcc 4.8, but also tried earlier versions.

I know there are pre-compiled Mac binaries around, but I would rather conquer this problem, obviously someone has.

Any suggestions?

Activity: 294
Hi, my mining rig is composed by five "towers", each one connected via a USB cable to a Windows PC:

1x5 Canbused Bitburner Fury boards
1x4 Canbused Bitburner Fury boards
1x4 Canbused Bitburner Fury boards
1x1 Damaged Bitburner Fury board (hashes half speed/usb only)
1x1 Damaged Bitburner Fury board (hashes half speed/usb only)

So far I am using one instance of CGMiner with --avalon-auto and so far so good, the rig mines with no problem at all.

As I do not know how work is handled internally by CGMiner I was wondering if mining performance may be hampered by the bad boards working together with the good ones.

Should I run two separate instances of CGMiner? One for the good 3 towers and one for both bad towers ?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
built it myself i don't have the information showing up at the top of the screen that i normally get
You're missing the ncurses development library when building it.
Activity: 546
It's not just --enable-hashfast? Run through and compile others and see how it's named in the list above the command prompt. I'm pretty sure it's in cgminer.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
All -

I am new to this board so please don't attack Smiley

I have been using CGMiner successfully for a few months using one of the pre-built versions from http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/.

I now need to build the program so that i can add Hash Fast support, allowing me to monitor the temperature of each die on my cards, but when i built it myself i don't have the information showing up at the top of the screen that i normally get - and it just doesn't seem to work for me!

Any thoughts on how i can successfully build this would be greatly appreciated. The instructions in the README as self explanatory and i followed them each time - the end product is just not what i am looking for.

Thanks,

BK
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
cgminer-4.3.3-windows stops to respond to key presses after I restart it by pressing [scy]. hashing continues.
Restart's always been precarious and much worse so on windows. Just quit and start again instead. Yes I agree it's not ideal but restart should probably have never been put there for windows since it ends up killing shit to shut down the existing instance instead of shutting down neatly.
Activity: 217
Merit: 101
cgminer-4.3.3-windows stops to respond to key presses after I restart it by pressing [scy]. hashing continues.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Just checking if the thread title is correct? It still reads 4.3.2, even though the first post lists 4.3.3 as current.

New release: Version 4.3.3, 4th May 2014

Human readable changelog:

- Fox for a huge long-standing memory leak with the BXF driver which affected bi*fury, hex*fury and OneString miners.
- Formatting fixes for miner.php

Full changelog:

- Fix typo
- Work should be freed when aged, fixing a massive memory leak for bxf devices
- miner.php fix single rig summary/config field formatting
- miner.php fix single rig total formatting

Just checking if the thread title is correct? It still reads 4.3.2, even though the first post lists 4.3.3 as current.

He's just been personally moderating this post so there's an opening for chaos and invalid details. 4.3.3 is the newest until otherwise specified on github or http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/
Activity: 295
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
What is the manner for individually setting the oscillator bits for separate nanofuries?
There's so much more you can do with your money why would you go that way. You have a seller on Amazon.com selling an antminer for 200 plus shipping and 20 ghash drillbit avalons at $65 a piece with free shipping with more than one if you go through barntech. Both by the way are 100 percent using cgminer behind them.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
ckolivas,

Can i use cgminer with a cube erupter?
No
Activity: 257
Block change notify. That's cool.
Pages: