Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 99. (Read 5805523 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Thanks for the OSM update.  I am going to dl and get using it now.
 Smiley
Be aware the OSM update is for firmware which is only for testing for now, so if you're using the stable firmware release by OneString it will still come up as MXF but work the same in every other way; it's just the cosmetic change of missing the name OSM.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Thanks for the OSM update.  I am going to dl and get using it now.
 Smiley

New release - version 4.3.2, 2nd May 2014

Human readable changelog:

- There's a workaround in this version to minimise the risk of the man-in-the-middle attack of redirecting you to a different pool you don't want to be hashing on. Stratum reconnect will only honour the request if the reconnect is to a server with the same domain name.
- Fix for some overflow errors on stats with massive hashrates/shares.
- Fix a major memory leak which mostly affected hashfast users.
- Fix for a failed connection after a redirection that would then never return.
- Devices with unique serial numbers of 4 or more characters will now be displayed by their serial number in the status bar.
- Support for new firmware for OneStringMiners that will identify themselves as OSM devices.
- Support for OSM debugging and LED modes.
- A1 driver updates.

Full changelog:

- Make reconnection messages more explanatory
- Fix accounting bug with nrolltime drivers
- upgrade some int to int64_t to avoid overflows in reporting
- Stratum client.reconnect require matching URL
- Fix memory leak in submit_noffset_nonce
- Clean up any work that may not have been used in the work scheduler
- Avoid unnecessary deref now that it's done within discard_work
- Clean work pointers after one way usage functions
- Avoid unnecessary total_work_inc in generating local work
- Cosmetic fixes
- Fix idle bug, when redirected client can't auth
- Rename spond temp rate to asics total rate
- Build fixes
- Set the unique id only for usb devices with serial strings longer than 4 chars
long
- Use usb serial strings as unique id if devices have them
- Discretely identify the onestring miners as OSM
- Add bxf debugging option and osm led modes
- A1: modularize board selector / add initial CCR support
- A1: cleanup tca9535 logging
- A1: fix and extend PLL parameters
- A1: clean up compile warnings
- A1: use real level in hexdump
- Add identification for onestring miner variants
- Avalon2: Parser the power good signal
- driver-avalon2: this functions used on detect, which don't have thr setup yet

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I am mining using a Raspberry Pi with cgminer and it hangs after a little while or few hours.

I did read on some pages over the internet that this is due to a "memory paging issue". I don't know what this is and if or it's the correct reason.

Can someone help me with this issue?

PS: I am running Arch Linux on my RPi
Here you go: http://projectklondike.org/how-to-run#rpi-freeze

Make sure you're adding this option as described to the existing line, it should look like this:

https://i.imgur.com/a4opFyb.png

Good luck!

Thank you! I will try it out...
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
Does CGMiner support SSL/TLS?

If not are there any plans to include it it in the future, if so does anyone think the pool operators will/should be supporting it given the recent round of attacks?

btcguild & bfgminer are working on support for ssl/tls
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
New release - version 4.3.2, 2nd May 2014

Human readable changelog:

- There's a workaround in this version to minimise the risk of the man-in-the-middle attack of redirecting you to a different pool you don't want to be hashing on. Stratum reconnect will only honour the request if the reconnect is to a server with the same domain name.
- Fix for some overflow errors on stats with massive hashrates/shares.
- Fix a major memory leak which mostly affected hashfast users.
- Fix for a failed connection after a redirection that would then never return.
- Devices with unique serial numbers of 4 or more characters will now be displayed by their serial number in the status bar.
- Support for new firmware for OneStringMiners that will identify themselves as OSM devices.
- Support for OSM debugging and LED modes.
- A1 driver updates.

Full changelog:

- Make reconnection messages more explanatory
- Fix accounting bug with nrolltime drivers
- upgrade some int to int64_t to avoid overflows in reporting
- Stratum client.reconnect require matching URL
- Fix memory leak in submit_noffset_nonce
- Clean up any work that may not have been used in the work scheduler
- Avoid unnecessary deref now that it's done within discard_work
- Clean work pointers after one way usage functions
- Avoid unnecessary total_work_inc in generating local work
- Cosmetic fixes
- Fix idle bug, when redirected client can't auth
- Rename spond temp rate to asics total rate
- Build fixes
- Set the unique id only for usb devices with serial strings longer than 4 chars
long
- Use usb serial strings as unique id if devices have them
- Discretely identify the onestring miners as OSM
- Add bxf debugging option and osm led modes
- A1: modularize board selector / add initial CCR support
- A1: cleanup tca9535 logging
- A1: fix and extend PLL parameters
- A1: clean up compile warnings
- A1: use real level in hexdump
- Add identification for onestring miner variants
- Avalon2: Parser the power good signal
- driver-avalon2: this functions used on detect, which don't have thr setup yet
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation
I am mining using a Raspberry Pi with cgminer and it hangs after a little while or few hours.

I did read on some pages over the internet that this is due to a "memory paging issue". I don't know what this is and if or it's the correct reason.

Here you go: http://projectklondike.org/how-to-run#rpi-freeze

Make sure you're adding this option as described to the existing line, it should look like this:

Good luck!
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Does CGMiner support SSL/TLS?

If not are there any plans to include it it in the future, if so does anyone think the pool operators will/should be supporting it given the recent round of attacks?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

Activity: 295
Firstly, unless you want to do extensive testing, don't use that option.
libusb is broken on many linux distros.
Heh, believe me, I have no intention of using it! In fact, I switched to Linux just because of the insane headaches of dealing with USB miners on Windows. Smiley I was just pointing out that the readme seemed incomplete.

Thanks for the info on the binaries; much appreciated! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I was poking around the README file when I noticed what seems to be a missing line:
Code:
  --with-system-libusb    Compile against dynamic system libusb (default use

Basic *nix build instructions:
It seems there should be another line continuing the parenthetical comment on the --with-system-libusb line, but there's nothing there.

That aside, I was wondering what the list of compile-time options is that you use for creating the official binaries? That might be handy to include in the README as well. My goal is to compile a binary that's almost identical to the official binary, but with one driver tweaked a little to my satisfaction.

Many thanks.
Firstly, unless you want to do extensive testing, don't use that option.
libusb is broken on many linux distros.

Secondly, all the USB devices are enabled in ckolivas' binaries.
My binary git, the README says.
Activity: 295
I was poking around the README file when I noticed what seems to be a missing line:
Code:
  --with-system-libusb    Compile against dynamic system libusb (default use

Basic *nix build instructions:
It seems there should be another line continuing the parenthetical comment on the --with-system-libusb line, but there's nothing there.

That aside, I was wondering what the list of compile-time options is that you use for creating the official binaries? That might be handy to include in the README as well. My goal is to compile a binary that's almost identical to the official binary, but with one driver tweaked a little to my satisfaction.

Many thanks.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 253
Hi guys,

Is someone able to assist me with an API issue I have?  Searching this mammoth thread has unfortunately not revealed an answer.

Basically I'm leasing my rig via LeaseRig.net, which is fine for the most part, but I had an issue today where the client setup 2 pools to mine from (primary and backup), both of which eventually went down.  Meanwhile CGWatcher saw the drop in accepted shares and restarted CGMiner.  This would have been fine, however the issue then became that CGMiner then paused during startup, waiting for a pool to become available before attempting to commence mining, but it appeared that the API wasn't started and /or listening while the app was in this state.

At this point there was a catch 22; the API was down due to CGMiner's partially started state which was due to the pools being unavailable, but because the API was down, the remote client couldn't change the pool setup...

Is there any way for me to get around this situation?

Cheers.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I have to keep an eye on it, but I noticed cgwatcher was saying it was loosing api control of cgminer 4.2.3 which was the last one I found I was using and have now updated to 4.3.

It's listed like this
Code:
[4/24/2014 8:08:58 PM]       API access lost at 4/24/2014 8:08:58 PM!
[4/24/2014 8:08:58 PM]       Full API access became read-only access at 4/24/2014 8:08:58 PM!

I didn't see some kind of api re-established message as I restarted and them both

Was there any tweaks to the api in this newest update?

I'm now using cgminer 4.3 with cgwatcher 1.3.8

edit:
  Still seems not to be working . I'd just like to make sure command haven't changed recently for api commands. I'm going to go post over on cgwatchers page and see whats going on.
legendary
The sockets sends a 0x00 on the end.
It's there on purpose - it marks the termination of the data.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Update: Just found surfing internet
Code:
command = "{\"command\": \"devs\"}";
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/API-README#L65
Ok i see.

I think i found a little bug. When you get reply it's white space in the end of line and JSONsimple have exeption like Unexpected character in the position N (end of line). I fix it by deleting last element from this string and parsing by JsonSimple is ok now. But i guess it need to be fixed. I'm using cgminer 3.7.2.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Hello guys, you have https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/API.java example where is cmd request for this type of answers
Code:
Answer='STATUS=S,When=1398176665,Code=9
but what the right request for the json formatted answers command = "" ? Try to understand this explanation but i can't
If the request is JSON (starts with '{'), it will reply with a JSON formatted
response, otherwise it replies with text formatted as described further below.

Try to send something like this
Code:
command = "{summary}";
but got
"Msg":"Invalid JSON"

Update: Just found surfing internet
Code:
command = "{\"command\": \"devs\"}";
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
I see the latest Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is out of beta & has now been released - was just wondering if you guys have tested cgminer with it yet?
cgminer should be operating system and version agnostic enough that it just "works" without any problem, detriment, or for that matter, benefit, on this newer version (if compiled for it). As per usual, ~3 months after a new ubuntu is out I will change to posting binaries for the newer ubuntu.

Nice one, thanks for the info. I'll hold back upgrading my rigs until you post the binaries for the newer ubuntu then, just to be sure.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I see the latest Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is out of beta & has now been released - was just wondering if you guys have tested cgminer with it yet?
cgminer should be operating system and version agnostic enough that it just "works" without any problem, detriment, or for that matter, benefit, on this newer version (if compiled for it). As per usual, ~3 months after a new ubuntu is out I will change to posting binaries for the newer ubuntu.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Hi Guys,

Peace.
Pages:
Jump to: