Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL DICEBITCO.IN ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT THE SKIPPED NONCES INCIDENT - page 4. (Read 5503 times)

legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Crazy situation  Undecided
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Get your facts right. We will not refund you because you were not affected by this, only certain players(less than 20 ) got affected. You lost because you pulled our your investment by divesting when you were in minus. If you didnt divest, you would never lose those coins(but made a nice extra as well).
Mateo was STILL PLAYING against MY investment. He was CHEATING me out of MY money. You didn't halt gambling while the cheating was going on at all. Explain to me how this is not a SCAM.
You are a shameless scammer. It's as simple as that.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I've broken down these arguments in the past, the crux of it is dicebitco.in isn't anonymous and doesn't want to go to jail or be hunted after. I stand by everything I said including the part about the 1000 coins.

That is the most stupid thing i ever heared in the whole DB saga. You really believe im not anonymous, and "i am afraid of been hunted or go to jail"? lol. At this point i really dont know if you do believe this, or you simply try to use this argument because you still cant accept the fact we are refunding.

tl;dr you are trully stupid if you think FEAR is the reason im doing this. Only thing scares me is human stupidity, and you man take it in another level. Like seriously, bring it on.

Even IF it wasn't one big scam, why would people trust you with money again after such big mistakes?
I lost 85% of my investment in this website, and the owner won't refund me because i was ""positively affected""...
Mateo was still playing with my invested money when i divested the little bit i had left. So i don't see how i wouldn't be refunded, if this security issue is the cause of it.
The responses i got from their ticket system were VERY shady to say the least.

Get your facts right. We will not refund you because you were not affected by this, only certain players(less than 20 ) got affected. You lost because you pulled our your investment by divesting when you were in minus. If you didnt divest, you would never lose those coins(but made a nice extra as well).
Activity: 322
Even IF it wasn't one big scam, why would people trust you with money again after such big mistakes?
I lost 85% of my investment in this website, and the owner won't refund me because i was ""positively affected""...
Mateo was still playing with my invested money when i divested the little bit i had left. So i don't see how i wouldn't be refunded, if this security issue is the cause of it.
The responses i got from their ticket system were VERY shady to say the least.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1279
Primedice.com, Stake.com
I'm sure all rational arguments against this website will be plucked from this thread. I think it's really unfortunate that people are so unbelievably naive to even contemplate for a second that this website is "innocent". I'm shocked someone even noticed they were nonce-skipping, all I know is this could have gone on for another year+ without anyone figuring it out.

Investments are inherently non-provably fair and dangerous, I wouldn't trust anyone with an investment of this type it is absolutely negative expected value. All I have to say is anyone who chooses to continue to play or invest in this PROVEN fraudulent website doesn't deserve whatever coins they have. This scam was pre-meditated, dicebitco.in made it near impossible to verify the bets of others or view their bet info/seeds for this very reason.

I was right 1-2 months ago when I spoke out against them and I'm sure I'll be right again 1-2 months from now.

Don't see why on Earth anyone would deal with you from this point onwards.

Good luck trying to regain people's trust after potentially scamming over a thousand coins.
A little disappointed in this response.

I would have thought you of all people would actually look at the facts instead of demonizing an innocent person for the sake of competition (not to mention the false remark about scamming a "thousand coins")

1. They've proven themselves to be trustworthy with $2m+
2. Nobody has profited from this, especially them
3. They've been open about everything from the beginning

I've broken down these arguments in the past, the crux of it is dicebitco.in isn't anonymous and doesn't want to go to jail or be hunted after. I stand by everything I said including the part about the 1000 coins.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Calling out scams, one HYIP at a time...
Is the information on the alleged scamming new programmer going to be given? Is he a member of the BTC community that people would know and should look out for in the future?
Activity: 1316
Merit: 503
WOOHOOOOOOO

I knew dicebitco.in wasn't a scam site Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 378

Good luck trying to regain people's trust after potentially scamming over a thousand coins.
A little disappointed in this response.

I would have thought you of all people would actually look at the facts instead of demonizing an innocent person for the sake of competition (not to mention the false remark about scamming a "thousand coins")

1. They've proven themselves to be trustworthy with $2m+
2. Nobody has profited from this, especially them
3. They've been open about everything from the beginning
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
did i have any bonus??
id: bank
thanks Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
Bankroll is up to 1600 again so people are beginning to trust the site again.  The best way to restore trust is to run it without any incidents for a long time.  Hopefully operations are smooth from here on.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
I appreciate you laying all this out.  I said so then, and I'll say so now, I don't think you're a scammer but in addition to making a serious mistake (which you've acknowledged) you really did make it easy for the people who wanted to paint you as one.

Stunna has a good point, but clearly people are starting to trust you again.  Full explanations like you've given here help.

I don't think you should put some kind of minimum activity level on chat, just have some moderators to keep things orderly.

Given what has happened you are going to take a lot of grief, good luck.
Activity: 350
hope this site doesn't get to much invested soon.
Activity: 112
Want A Personal Coin? PM ME!
This thread is fun to read and Dicebitcoin is ALL RED.  Grin
Activity: 462

Pm'd you Stunna.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1279
Primedice.com, Stake.com

*cough*
Because he was Matteo
*cough*
So i won as mateo 600 coins, and lost them back...?

Your signup date is invalid
?

because you could've easily been doing it in the first place with small amounts like .01 so if wouldn't show in the high bets but subtly show in the all bets, at a slower rate (one bet every 10 minutes)
Add this up it's one coin every 1000 minutes.... 1 coin a day round off
Huh?

It makes sense for you to do that to keep your profit up and investor profit down..

Paying BTCs out of my own pocket for refunds and investors profit ~329 BTC atm...? Does that make sense to you?

now that everyone knows you did this it makes if hard for us to trust you
  that i did what exactly?

Thats the last troll post im answering on this topic btw. You can use our original topic and troll all you wish -->  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/shutting-down-dicebitcoin-be-the-bank-1-house-edge-716312

Will you be allowing people to verify each other's rolls (after they have randomized, of course)?

Apparently this used to be possible but was disabled shortly before mateo's big win.

Any comment on why the ability to look at the client seed, nonce, etc. for arbitrary roll numbers was disabled?

Yes we will re-enable it in the near future. We first have to have some quota limitations because after the issue fouind our server got under heavy load since everyone was hitting the server.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
Will you be allowing people to verify each other's rolls (after they have randomized, of course)?

Apparently this used to be possible but was disabled shortly before mateo's big win.

Any comment on why the ability to look at the client seed, nonce, etc. for arbitrary roll numbers was disabled?
Wi you refund the 2.34 BTC that you owe me and that you didn't refund because my account was in "profit"...
I'm still waiting

For the Nth time : YOUR ACCOUNT WAS NOT AFFECTED. Check for yourself as well.

P.S. YOu havent even randomized your last run yet(current nonce 1102!!!)
Going to get my verifier out and show you, it isn't my last run it's before this.

By the way is this issue fixed or is it still happening, how do we know this bug is fixed

By all means, please do get your verifier and post your results. And yes the issue is fixed. Its easy to see if its fixed: Verify your bets!!!

If it's fixed why isn't chat back on

Did you read the whole post..?

Chat also will be re-activated but we want first to think some way to limit spam there. One idea is to allow chat to active members (x amount of BTC wagered OR x amount invested OR x amount in balance). Please allow us a few days or best case tomorrow.
Wi you refund the 2.34 BTC that you owe me and that you didn't refund because my account was in "profit"...
I'm still waiting

For the Nth time : YOUR ACCOUNT WAS NOT AFFECTED. Check for yourself as well.

P.S. YOu havent even randomized your last run yet(current nonce 1102!!!)
Going to get my verifier out and show you, it isn't my last run it's before this.

By the way is this issue fixed or is it still happening, how do we know this bug is fixed

By all means, please do get your verifier and post your results. And yes the issue is fixed. Its easy to see if its fixed: Verify your bets!!!
Pages:
Jump to: