Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread - page 59. (Read 40902 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 5829
not your keys, not your coins!
Is there a guide on how to setup and run a lightning node on the Apollo ??

I have been trying to find out myself. It must be top secret
As was mentioned already a few times, the Apollo is mostly a normal (SBC) computer, so the C-Lightning install guide should work just fine.

But since I like making guides, and will soon receive my Apollo, I'll probably make a guide just for it, since it has been requested so much.. Smiley
Activity: 59
Merit: 0

I have been trying to find out myself. It must be top secret
copper member
Activity: 29
Activity: 59
For everyone having problems checking if their node is working on the bitcoin network you can use the tool on this page.

https://bitnodes.io/

How do you perform a search for your node on this site?
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
For everyone having problems checking if their node is working on the bitcoin network you can use the tool on this page.

https://bitnodes.io/
Activity: 49
Merit: 5
a buddy of mine got 2 full versions and has both plugged in but I can't port forward 8333 twice is there a way to change the port number on the 2nd one?

AFAIK, the only reason to port forward is to run a node. Why would he need to run two nodes from the same IP? Just turn the node off on the unit that can't be port forwarded?

you know what - that actually makes a lot of sense.. i didn't even think about that - thanks I'll let my buddy know
Activity: 15
Merit: 1
a buddy of mine got 2 full versions and has both plugged in but I can't port forward 8333 twice is there a way to change the port number on the 2nd one?

AFAIK, the only reason to port forward is to run a node. Why would he need to run two nodes from the same IP? Just turn the node off on the unit that can't be port forwarded?
Merit: 5
Activity: 15
Is there a way I can change the name of the Apollo BTC miner that shows in the network attached devices list? How can I do this? Thanks!
Merit: 11
You have time to make something then hamstring it then sell it? crush or burn?does crushing and fire void the warranty as i dont see the warranty of these items anywhere?
Activity: 17
Just wanted to chime in here and say that since the last update, my units have been 100% stable.
I used to rarely make it over a week without a unit going offline, or having a hashboard lose power, now they have been up and running properly literally since the minute they updated.

So thanks for a good release, look forward to the additional features on the way.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 943
Just switch the NVMe drive and let it re-sync. Nothing else needed
Activity: 4
Apollo BTC SD Card Image/OS Download and Install

Folder for all Apollo BTC Image Releases: https://mega.nz/folder/ZlxnwYZb#ZN77cDAcXa6dN_2QKSdT_Q

Release 12/17/21

36d263c1328ae95fba79451730838fdf6885156213c0da7df64f416b218b0799  apollo-btc_171221.img.xz

-Updated Apollo UI to latest 0.3.2
-Added Getting Started Guide
-System level fixes/tweaks for stability

Release 7/31/21

d6f820869268383883db4741dcfcade8f57ad1a1c20c359fd7a3015c78ffe3dd  apollo-btc_310721.img.xz

-Updated Apollo UI to latest 0.3.1
-Image no longer wipes SSD if it detects it has already been formatted
-Added additional swap memory to prepare for Lightning network/block explorer apps
-System level fixes/tweaks for stability

Initial Release 5/14/21

c5dfeb7812e43df64fac2fd4dbc929ec7c78f6df513bed0d8aba81a6573bec7e  apollo-btc-14-05-21.img.xz

SD Card Flash Instructions:

• Download image linked above, verify SHASUM is correct
  • Decompress the image (should have just a .img extension when its done full size ~7GB when decompressed)
  • Use an easy cloner tool like etcher (etcher.io) or dd etc if your know what your doing
  • Insert SD card in your computer, select the the decompressed apollo.img file, and select the SD card you inserted
  • Flash away...this will return your SD card back to stock state

Is there an update thread to upgrading the NVME and flashing the card?
Activity: 19

Yes.

Try also port forwarding port 8334 to your nodes ip address in your router this will allow tor nodes to connect. mine stayed at 30 of 32 connections until i forwarded port 8334 as well as 8333 now it stays at 32/32 all the time.

Still nothing. after opening on both router and even modem, I run the scan to see if it shows 8334 open and it doesnt show it open. so weird.

so I ended up finding a great site with some helpful tips. I followed #1 http://www.pcwintech.com/common-problems-fixes-port-forwarding. So I the modem in the front house has built in wifi which I disabled so I could connect the Velop Mesh system. I had to add the actual internet Ip address from the router into the DMZ page on the modem and as soon as I did that my connections started going up. Currently at 16/32

Yes.

Try also port forwarding port 8334 to your nodes ip address in your router this will allow tor nodes to connect. mine stayed at 30 of 32 connections until i forwarded port 8334 as well as 8333 now it stays at 32/32 all the time.

Still nothing. after opening on both router and even modem, I run the scan to see if it shows 8334 open and it doesnt show it open. so weird.

Yes.

Amazing i'll give this a shot now and report back. Thanks
Activity: 3
Hi, loyal Futurebit fans...just wanted to comment on the inquiries about the error rate for the apollo miners...I have had and still continue to have this issue with one of my miners and so I contacted Futurebit Support and this is the response I received from them... mind you it is one response but I happen to agree and understand the response I was given and am at ease about the error rate on my miner...so I copy and paste part of the email response I received from them and it goes..."Yep, that unit is running perfectly! Our software can’t currently filter out bad shares that are spit out by some bad cores out of the thousands of cores that are in your machine, so it shows a higher than normal error rate. If your hash rate was 20% lower as well then you should be concerned your unit is not running well."   Now that is the response I got in my instance and as I said I am confident at ease with the response I was given...the miner does still act up at times as to the error rate but the miner in all other regards including its hash rate has been performing perfectly so my concerns are abated for now...if I were to notice a reduction in its hash rate then I would be concerned but so far so good...Dr. J my man I hope I have not spoken out of turn I just wanted to maybe put the mind at ease of some of your users as to their miners...if I have spoken out of turn please let me know and my apologies...ok that is it for me for now...Dr. J hope you are well and regards to the crew...a loyal fan...Tempestblack... Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool

P.S. uuumm hope to hear back from Futurebit about those temp numbers though...would be helpful... Wink

Super helpful. Thanks! I figured it was probably fine because everything seemed to be working.
Activity: 18
Hi, loyal Futurebit fans...just wanted to comment on the inquiries about the error rate for the apollo miners...I have had and still continue to have this issue with one of my miners and so I contacted Futurebit Support and this is the response I received from them... mind you it is one response but I happen to agree and understand the response I was given and am at ease about the error rate on my miner...so I copy and paste part of the email response I received from them and it goes..."Yep, that unit is running perfectly! Our software can’t currently filter out bad shares that are spit out by some bad cores out of the thousands of cores that are in your machine, so it shows a higher than normal error rate. If your hash rate was 20% lower as well then you should be concerned your unit is not running well."   Now that is the response I got in my instance and as I said I am confident at ease with the response I was given...the miner does still act up at times as to the error rate but the miner in all other regards including its hash rate has been performing perfectly so my concerns are abated for now...if I were to notice a reduction in its hash rate then I would be concerned but so far so good...Dr. J my man I hope I have not spoken out of turn I just wanted to maybe put the mind at ease of some of your users as to their miners...if I have spoken out of turn please let me know and my apologies...ok that is it for me for now...Dr. J hope you are well and regards to the crew...a loyal fan...Tempestblack... Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool

P.S. uuumm hope to hear back from Futurebit about those temp numbers though...would be helpful... Wink
Activity: 3
My Apollo node is displaying Hardware Errors of 50%-85%. It used to be at 0.2%. I've tried rebooting, letting it sit for half a day, boot back up, but the errors persist. Appears to be a problem for all the mining modes (Eco, Balanced, and Turbo).

Regardless, it appears to be mining properly with all 44 asics up.

Any idea what the errors are? Thanks!

what pool does it point to.

maybe pool changed its software.

Slushpool.
What exactly are these errors, anyway?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
My Apollo node is displaying Hardware Errors of 50%-85%. It used to be at 0.2%. I've tried rebooting, letting it sit for half a day, boot back up, but the errors persist. Appears to be a problem for all the mining modes (Eco, Balanced, and Turbo).

Regardless, it appears to be mining properly with all 44 asics up.

Any idea what the errors are? Thanks!

what pool does it point to.

maybe pool changed its software.
Pages:
Jump to: