Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread - page 100. (Read 71401 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I keep getting the error below running Win10, installed both bfgminer and the drivers. Device manager shows both USB devices with comm ports. I've tried running BDGminer with admin rights and disabled UAC and numerous restarts to no avail.

Failed to sanity check in lowl-vcom.c windows_usb_get_string():508

Disregard. All is well.   Grin
Activity: 56
I keep getting the error below running Win10, installed both bfgminer and the drivers. Device manager shows both USB devices with comm ports. I've tried running BDGminer with admin rights and disabled UAC and numerous restarts to no avail.

Failed to sanity check in lowl-vcom.c windows_usb_get_string():508
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
If you compile natively on that system it will work, but compiling bfgminer for Mac is a bitch. Way easier to just upgrade to 10.12. If you know your way around brew, you can use my brew tap here to help with Mac OS compiling: https://github.com/jstefanop/homebrew-xgminer

Yeah, I really struggled with compiling xmr-stak-cpu and xmr-stak-amd on macOS. I got it to work. I'll give your xgminer a try and report back.
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
I've received my four and they seem to be working ok, but they are dying occasionally. Like this morning two of three I have plugged into one comp were just not hashing, but had been working for the whole day while I was awake yesterday. When I restart bfgminer they're working fine though. Is this related to using higher frequency? Higher frequency without tuning voltage? Computer not splitting enough current? Something else?

Did you change from stock setting? You get zombie state if USB port can't provide enough amperage. On multiple devices, if one device acts up, that can't affect the other ones. Single stock is most stable but multi stock you should expect them to zombie hopefully later than sooner.

I did increase clock frequency to 700-something. Two are plugged directly into mobo and one in USB on front side of comp. I'll try to go back to stick and see if they can work uninterrupted for couple days at least. This is on Windows 7 computer.

Im working on a fix to keep the alive automatically. The current dead/restart logic is bugged in bfgminer, so I'm going to implement it directly in the driver. Should have a new release out in the next few days.
legendary
Is this because I installed legacy VCP Driver?

[email protected]:~/Downloads/bfg-futurebit2$ ./start-moonlander-2
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _clock_gettime
  Referenced from: /Users/sunk818/Downloads/bfg-futurebit2/bin/./bfgminer
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _clock_gettime

./start-moonlander-2: line 4: 31854 Trace/BPT trap: 5       ./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u jstefanop.1 -p 1 -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=600
[email protected]:~/Downloads/bfg-futurebit2$

Your on Mac OS 10.11 or lower. Mac OS 10.12 works out of the box, and 10.13 works with the workaround posted in the OP. Apple has been changing shit in their system libraries like crazy lately and can't support anything other than the latest OSes.

If you compile natively on that system it will work, but compiling bfgminer for Mac is a bitch. Way easier to just upgrade to 10.12. If you know your way around brew, you can use my brew tap here to help with Mac OS compiling: https://github.com/jstefanop/homebrew-xgminer
Activity: 658
Merit: 118

I did increase clock frequency to 700-something. Two are plugged directly into mobo and one in USB on front side of comp. I'll try to go back to stick and see if they can work uninterrupted for couple days at least. This is on Windows 7 computer.

Windows, by default, disables USB ports when it sleeps or turns off certain things. Try to disable USB sleep:

https://superuser.com/questions/309689/how-to-keep-external-usb-drives-from-sleeping-windows-7

You have to uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for each USB port you have

Also, its possible the standard USB ports can't provide enough power.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
I've received my four and they seem to be working ok, but they are dying occasionally. Like this morning two of three I have plugged into one comp were just not hashing, but had been working for the whole day while I was awake yesterday. When I restart bfgminer they're working fine though. Is this related to using higher frequency? Higher frequency without tuning voltage? Computer not splitting enough current? Something else?

Did you change from stock setting? You get zombie state if USB port can't provide enough amperage. On multiple devices, if one device acts up, that can't affect the other ones. Single stock is most stable but multi stock you should expect them to zombie hopefully later than sooner.

Did you change from stock setting? You get zombie state if USB port can't provide enough amperage. On multiple devices, if one device acts up, that can affect the other ones. Single stock is most stable but multi stock you should expect zombie state eventually, hopefully later than sooner.
Activity: 658
Merit: 118

How do you have them plugged in? Hub model? OS?

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
I installed Silicon Labs VCP Driver for macOS 10.10.5 (Legacy). Now, cgminer with my Gekko 2Pac failed to initialize after I installed the driver for Moonlander 2.

Can the two devices co-exist on the MacBook Pro peacefully?

I wasn't expecting this to happen, but I guess since they are both USB ASICs, it was a possibility.

I did the same thing  and one of the 2 pac actually loaded  silicon driver as I hot plugged it in.

I have not done mixed sticks in a while  it can do them but if you crash and hot plug it is a hassle I am going to set them on a different pc today.

Meanwhile these work well  I am solo mining at tbdice.org
I did the math and these have a shot to earn a profit mining at the site below

6m x 166 = 1gh x 11000 = 11th   so any one block is 1826000 to 1 and since there are 50 blocks a day  about 1826000/500 = 3650 to 1 each day

while 40 gh in compac or 2 pac  your chances are 482110 to one each day 

Is this because I installed legacy VCP Driver?

[email protected]:~/Downloads/bfg-futurebit2$ ./start-moonlander-2
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _clock_gettime

dyld: Symbol not found: _clock_gettime

./start-moonlander-2: line 4: 31854 Trace/BPT trap: 5       ./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u jstefanop.1 -p 1 -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=600
[email protected]:~/Downloads/bfg-futurebit2$
I installed Silicon Labs VCP Driver for macOS 10.10.5 (Legacy). Now, cgminer with my Gekko 2Pac failed to initialize after I installed the driver for Moonlander 2.

Can the two devices co-exist on the MacBook Pro peacefully?

I wasn't expecting this to happen, but I guess since they are both USB ASICs, it was a possibility.
legendary

Where is best share?
I ask because I am solo mining.

If everything is setup and running correctly you should see something similar to this:

F is found blocks
NB is new blocks on the pool
BS is your best share

Thanks. The pool I was using is defective.

I moved to tbdice as you suggested.

I get the ltc to work perfectly but I am crashing when I add Doge.

Could you pm your bat to me?

Tia

Phil
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Where is best share?

If everything is setup and running correctly you should see something similar to this:

F is found blocks
NB is new blocks on the pool
BS is your best share

legendary

Where is best share?

Wait, I think we're rolling.
https://imgur.com/a/cPjjb

Might take a minute for my pool to update I guess? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Looks good, what did you change from before? Your hardware errors were way to high on the last screenshoot.

Must be nice to get test mining on your account. Smiley
Activity: 40
I think I had changed the pool to doge or something and forgot to switch it back. (Or maybe it was just restarting the software).
Is litecoin probably most profitable to mine one these right now?
Thanks so much for your help!
legendary

Might take a minute for my pool to update I guess? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Looks good, what did you change from before? Your hardware errors were way to high on the last screenshoot.
Activity: 40

Pages:
Jump to: