Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread - page 99. (Read 71401 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

Im working on a fix to keep the alive automatically. The current dead/restart logic is bugged in bfgminer, so I'm going to implement it directly in the driver. Should have a new release out in the next few days.

Awesome! I'm having this same problem and I'm looking forward to the update!

Again, you're an incredibly awesome person!
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
The fans  on these sticks  may not be  good.

One now shudders making noise  and vibrating the stick.

I pull the two fans and now use external fans  all is well in fact better then when I ran with the little fans  also not as loud.

I can not find it  but someone else  said their fan  became unbalanced and vibrated.

This happens even though  the fan screws are tight and correctly installed,
Activity: 281
Merit: 130
Crypto Addicted

did you isolate the +5v on the input so you arent trying to power the computers usb?  never mind i see you cut the power wire..

i dunno, these usb sticks are expensive, i dont think id risk it on some home made powered hub.
the pluggable hub is only 40$

yeah i cut the connection to computer.

it's not really a risk - its 5V as USB got - and its 3A max - so 2 moonlanders should safely be able to handle it.
i'm just curious if it will be "stable" Smiley

the Pluggable HUB is ~55€ here thats about 60-65$
Activity: 42
I've got all 10 up and running after a few resets.  I changed the frequency to 756 and the difficulty to 256. I've posted a screenshot below, if anyone has any other tweaks or suggestions I'd appreciate it, thanks! 

Also thanks jstefanop! Had thought about mining for a while, finally decided to make the jump with these!

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u561/insatiablegoods/IMG_0933_zpsytcmc9ld.jpeg

Why did you change the difficulty to 256 ?
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
3 of my moonlanders should arrive today (while i am at work).
so i prepared all i could - so probably my wife could plug 1 or 2 in my HUB and i start it remotely by using putty.

now here comes the crazy part Cheesy

i got a real cheap USB hub and tried to make it an "powered" hub.
tried it with an external HDD without own power and it seems to work well.

here is what i have done to the 2,70€ part.

open up case, cut the red wire coming from PC (Raspberry) (+5V)
all other cables remain connected. Data+ Data- and Ground.

Weld on a Port for Power Supply to 1 of the USB ground shields and the pin that had +5V before.
This Port is now connected to a Power Supply with 5V 3A.

From what i see - the +5V is directly connected to the USB Ports - same as the ground.
So when my HDD works - the miners should most probably work as well, without being limited in power draw.

What do you think?
Will this work?

Here is a picture of the circuit board.
i know the weldings look awful - but the original ones are even worse Grin

Greetings - Astrali

did you isolate the +5v on the input so you arent trying to power the computers usb?  never mind i see you cut the power wire..

i dunno, these usb sticks are expensive, i dont think id risk it on some home made powered hub.
the pluggable hub is only 40$
Activity: 281
Merit: 130
Crypto Addicted
3 of my moonlanders should arrive today (while i am at work).
so i prepared all i could - so probably my wife could plug 1 or 2 in my HUB and i start it remotely by using putty.

now here comes the crazy part Cheesy

i got a real cheap USB hub and tried to make it an "powered" hub.
tried it with an external HDD without own power and it seems to work well.

here is what i have done to the 2,70€ part.

open up case, cut the red wire coming from PC (Raspberry) (+5V)
all other cables remain connected. Data+ Data- and Ground.

Weld on a Port for Power Supply to 1 of the USB ground shields and the pin that had +5V before.
This Port is now connected to a Power Supply with 5V 3A.

From what i see - the +5V is directly connected to the USB Ports - same as the ground.
So when my HDD works - the miners should most probably work as well, without being limited in power draw.

What do you think?
Will this work?

Here is a picture of the circuit board.
i know the weldings look awful - but the original ones are even worse Grin

Greetings - Astrali
Activity: 42
Hi All,

I'm running RasPi 3 with a 7-port USB3.0 BC 1.2 hub (Plugable 7-Port USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Charging Hub with 60W Power Adapter with BC 1.2 Charging Support).  I have to items I'd like some help with, please.

1. Moonlander 2 light and fan come on, but I am unable to get it to recognize with the bfgminer_5.4.2 special release.  I've confirmed I've got the most recent copies of the libjansson-dev and libcurl4-openssl-dev packages. Tried manually walking M+ MLD:/dev/ttyUSB0-10 and got nothing.  Of course ALL and Auto are also not having any luck.

2. I'm looking to solo mine.  Whenever I put the --generate-to arg in my command line statement I get an error: ./bfgminer: --generate-to: Invalid address.  Tried this with several public wallet addresses beginning with L.  I've got a Litecoin Core server set up on my internal network and I can successfully mine to it using cpuminer (get connected, get work, processes hashes, no completed blocks yet).

Glad to provide whatever data points would help in either case.  Thanks!

-Jim

If your using a Pi3 & usb 3 then you might need to cascade a usb 2 hub, see my setup over on the hub thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.25653813

Picture:
https://imgur.com/a/U68EH
Activity: 3
Hi, i just have my miner and i running it ant 756 clock and have a error after 5 min runing. The error is :   FutureBit Write error: No space left on device .     
I plug it direct to my laptop, with stock voltige. 
Please any help  Huh     

Thank you !
Activity: 4

The sticks are not very happy on the same hub it is possible but not worth the effort.

Pull all the compacs load the driver for the moonlander once you have them running.

Delete the sillab driver software  but  don’t stop mining the moonlander.

Then load the compacs and they will not be overwritten

Then run the compacs and the moonlander .

Not really worth doing it.  As any  crash will mean pulling the compacs.

Loading the moonlander then deleting the driver program.

Putting the compacs back and running the

I simply run the, on two PCs easypeasy

Ok, glad to pull the Gekkos for later and run on a different Pi w/ powered hub.  After installing just 1 Moonlander 2 I rebooted the Pi.  I went into the bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6 directory on the RPI3 and ran my startup script, pointed to tbdice but I still can't see the stick.  Also went into /dev and looked for anything marked ttyUSB* but there were none.  Do I need to do something else to get the driver loaded?

thanks,
Jim
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
Hi All,

I'm running RasPi 3 with a 7-port USB3.0 BC 1.2 hub (Plugable 7-Port USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Charging Hub with 60W Power Adapter with BC 1.2 Charging Support).  I have to items I'd like some help with, please.

1. Moonlander 2 light and fan come on, but I am unable to get it to recognize with the bfgminer_5.4.2 special release.  I've confirmed I've got the most recent copies of the libjansson-dev and libcurl4-openssl-dev packages. Tried manually walking M+ MLD:/dev/ttyUSB0-10 and got nothing.  Of course ALL and Auto are also not having any luck.

2. I'm looking to solo mine.  Whenever I put the --generate-to arg in my command line statement I get an error: ./bfgminer: --generate-to: Invalid address.  Tried this with several public wallet addresses beginning with L.  I've got a Litecoin Core server set up on my internal network and I can successfully mine to it using cpuminer (get connected, get work, processes hashes, no completed blocks yet).

Glad to provide whatever data points would help in either case.  Thanks!

-Jim

this isnt how you solo mine.. check out ltc.tbdice.org

Ok, super.  Thanks for the redirect to tbdice.org, Aaron!  Tried that and I'm still having trouble getting my bfgminer program to initialize the USB stick.  I am running a Gekkoscience USB stick on the same USB hub and I'm able to generate shares on slushpool.  Getting other failed to initialize USB messages in that window, assuming that relates to the Moonlander 2.  Any further guidance, friends?

-Jim

The sticks are not very happy on the same hub it is possible but not worth the effort.

Pull all the compacs load the driver for the moonlander once you have them running.

Delete the sillab driver software  but  don’t stop mining the moonlander.

Then load the compacs and they will not be overwritten

Then run the compacs and the moonlander .

Not really worth doing it.  As any  crash will mean pulling the compacs.

Loading the moonlander then deleting the driver program.

Putting the compacs back and running the

I simply run the, on two PCs easypeasy
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
Tried that and I'm still having trouble getting my bfgminer program to initialize the USB stick.  I am running a Gekkoscience USB stick on the same USB hub and I'm able to generate shares on slushpool.  Getting other failed to initialize USB messages in that window, assuming that relates to the Moonlander 2.  Any further guidance, friends?

See post 167: I installed Silicon Labs VCP Driver for macOS 10.10.5 (Legacy). Now, cgminer with my Gekko 2Pac failed to initialize after I installed the driver for Moonlander 2. Can the two devices co-exist peacefully?
legendary
Hi All,

I'm running RasPi 3 with a 7-port USB3.0 BC 1.2 hub (Plugable 7-Port USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Charging Hub with 60W Power Adapter with BC 1.2 Charging Support).  I have to items I'd like some help with, please.

1. Moonlander 2 light and fan come on, but I am unable to get it to recognize with the bfgminer_5.4.2 special release.  I've confirmed I've got the most recent copies of the libjansson-dev and libcurl4-openssl-dev packages. Tried manually walking M+ MLD:/dev/ttyUSB0-10 and got nothing.  Of course ALL and Auto are also not having any luck.

2. I'm looking to solo mine.  Whenever I put the --generate-to arg in my command line statement I get an error: ./bfgminer: --generate-to: Invalid address.  Tried this with several public wallet addresses beginning with L.  I've got a Litecoin Core server set up on my internal network and I can successfully mine to it using cpuminer (get connected, get work, processes hashes, no completed blocks yet).

Glad to provide whatever data points would help in either case.  Thanks!

-Jim

Ok, super.  Thanks for the redirect to tbdice.org, Aaron!  Tried that and I'm still having trouble getting my bfgminer program to initialize the USB stick.  I am running a Gekkoscience USB stick on the same USB hub and I'm able to generate shares on slushpool.  Getting other failed to initialize USB messages in that window, assuming that relates to the Moonlander 2.  Any further guidance, friends?

-Jim

i could never get the v1 moonlander and the compac to run together on the same hub.. only one would work at a time. im guessing it will be the same for the v2
Is it an easy process (once you’re up and running) to switch over from litecoin to doge? I feel another doge wave coming in...

litecoin and doge are scrypt algorithm based coins. you just change the pool or port and perhaps username, worker name, and password. Nothing else should have to change.
Hi All,

I'm running RasPi 3 with a 7-port USB3.0 BC 1.2 hub (Plugable 7-Port USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Charging Hub with 60W Power Adapter with BC 1.2 Charging Support).  I have to items I'd like some help with, please.

1. Moonlander 2 light and fan come on, but I am unable to get it to recognize with the bfgminer_5.4.2 special release.  I've confirmed I've got the most recent copies of the libjansson-dev and libcurl4-openssl-dev packages. Tried manually walking M+ MLD:/dev/ttyUSB0-10 and got nothing.  Of course ALL and Auto are also not having any luck.

2. I'm looking to solo mine.  Whenever I put the --generate-to arg in my command line statement I get an error: ./bfgminer: --generate-to: Invalid address.  Tried this with several public wallet addresses beginning with L.  I've got a Litecoin Core server set up on my internal network and I can successfully mine to it using cpuminer (get connected, get work, processes hashes, no completed blocks yet).

-Jim

Ok, super.  Thanks for the redirect to tbdice.org, Aaron!  Tried that and I'm still having trouble getting my bfgminer program to initialize the USB stick.  I am running a Gekkoscience USB stick on the same USB hub and I'm able to generate shares on slushpool.  Getting other failed to initialize USB messages in that window, assuming that relates to the Moonlander 2.  Any further guidance, friends?

-Jim
Has anyone noticed the vibration from the included fans? I am running six and it is loud and can feel the vibrations. Was thinking of running this in the office, but even this USB ASIC maybe too noisy.

@jstefanop - What are your thoughts on me using this fan and removing the fans? I'd use one Arctic fan for every 3 USB ASICs. I, unfortunately, don't have a heat gun, so not sure how to measure surface temperature.

http://smile.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Breeze-Mobile-Flexible-Adjustable/dp/B003XN24GY/ref=sr_ph_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512446721&sr=sr-1&keywords=arctic
I've got all 10 up and running after a few resets.  I changed the frequency to 756 and the difficulty to 256. I've posted a screenshot below, if anyone has any other tweaks or suggestions I'd appreciate it, thanks! 

I have 6 running and vardiff is settling me in at 31m. Each stick is 744 freq and hashing around 4 Mh/s. Personally, I wouldn't use fixed difficulty. pooler knows what he's doing. Let the pool set the variable difficulty for you.
legendary
Hi All,

-Jim

Hi All,

-Jim
Activity: 40
Is it an easy process (once you’re up and running) to switch over from litecoin to doge? I feel another doge wave coming in...

Also thanks jstefanop! Had thought about mining for a while, finally decided to make the jump with these!

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u561/insatiablegoods/IMG_0933_zpsytcmc9ld.jpeg
Pages:
Jump to: