Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread - page 16. (Read 71490 times)

Activity: 393
Merit: 1
Coinsbit exchange
Thanks guys for such detailed answers. I wanted to ask a question, but after reading several pages of this thread I found answers to my questions. Thanks again to everyone!
legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
hmm. so far didnt get better. Got  a hub with extra power but only 0.5A adapter.
USB3 are 1 A arent they?

Yea .5A you won't be able to run them even at base frequency. You need at least 2A per port.
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
hmm. so far didnt get better. Got  a hub with extra power but only 0.5A adapter.
USB3 are 1 A arent they?
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
It works now.  Thanks for the help.
legendary
I once changed the Mhz settings just a liitle bit higher and than my 2 moonlander dont work any more.

are they  dead?

No your USB ports/hub can not provide enough power. You will probably need a powered hub if you are running them straight off your PC ports with higher hash rates.
I once changed the Mhz settings just a liitle bit higher and than my 2 moonlander dont work any more.

are they  dead?
antivirus... and make a start.bat file with or .txt and rename it to .bat
example:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 -u user.1 -p 1  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=600
legendary
Bought a moonlander 2 and received it yesterday.  I Downloaded bfgminer 5.4.2 from https://github.com/jstefanop/bfgminer/releases/tag/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-beta2  then downloaded the driver for Win 10 64 bit from https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers.  When I run the program it says "bfgminer.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."  After an internet search I found that other people have had the same problem and they advised reinstalling the driver and rebooting my computer.  I have done this multiple times(5 to 7) and it still does not work.

Please take time to read the FAQ on the first page if your having issues, 90% of issues are addressed and your answer is there.

Your anti-virus is deleting bfgminer.exe when you extracting the download, you need to put in an exception for the folder/program.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
Okay. So I have got my gridseed orbs to work under bfgminer 5.5.0 and a moonlander to run under 5.4.2 beta 2. Trying to get the other 3 moonlanders I have to run under 5.4.2, But I keep getting the other 3 shutting down then restarting. (All running from a Pi) Using a eye boot hub with meanwell 350w ps. Running the landers @ 796. They all run great separate @ 796 and even @ 832. But all running will result in the 3 shutting off and restarting quite often.
Any thoughts?

are you running the pi off the same hub as the miners? sometimes that can cause the pi to do weird things. make sure your hub has enough power to run the miners.
Activity: 1
Does anyone have a reliable setup for running the moonlander on prohashing.

I have attempted the setup from here -https://www.reddit.com/r/NiceHash/comments/7shsfz/bfgminer_futurebit_moonlander_2/ but following these steps and adjusting the voltage beyond the default settings I get no luck ... regularly it restarts or I get an inability to write to the device error - anyone have any success - I have it working perfectly on Litecoinpool and Multipool.

Thanks
Activity: 15
Bought a moonlander 2 and received it yesterday.  I Downloaded bfgminer 5.4.2 from https://github.com/jstefanop/bfgminer/releases/tag/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-beta2  then downloaded the driver for Win 10 64 bit from https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers.  When I run the program it says "bfgminer.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."  After an internet search I found that other people have had the same problem and they advised reinstalling the driver and rebooting my computer.  I have done this multiple times(5 to 7) and it still does not work.
Activity: 17
for those that have helped even a little so far thank you very much but im starting to think its my PC OS and not my miner or moonlander i can not seems to get any miner to run stable on my system at all ( CPU, GPU, Moonlander... nothing) is there anything anyone could think of that could cause this? im on Windows 10 64bit

Could be your drivers need updating?
what would i need to update and how?
Yea thats definitely an issue of not enough power on the port. Like others have said run it on the lowest frequency and see if it runs stable.
is there anything else it could be because im starting to think its not the moonlander but my PC and not the USB either because i have a CPU miner that i use for Magi and it is stopping on its own as well it looks like.
change this setting (--set MLD:clock=600)
to
(--set MLD:clock=384)
and see what happens.
by the by,
https://imgur.com/a/w8Ou4ja
anyone got an idea what the AS:-4 is all about? never noticed it be - before
Tried this and still have the same issue.
Dang fam, that's all I can think of.  My next move would be find a powered hub on Amazon or something, there are several listed throughout this thread, and see if that does it.  Remember you need something like 2.1~2.5 amps per port.
and this isnt standard for a desktop PC's USB 3.0 ports? sorry but im rather new to all of this and am still learning
Totally cool, we all started somewhere.
I don't think it's a standard.  I think that's more relative to the specific hardware.  On my laptop one usb port will run a moonlander but the other one won't lol.  If you do look for a hub make sure it does data transfer as well as provide the power.  I accidentally bought a charging hub that didn't do data transfer. I'm pretty sure eyeboot has a cheap 2 port hub that will provide enough power to run one Moonlander.
and once again could this be something else not related to my BFGminer or moonlander? because it ssems that even my CPU miner that i use for MAGIcoin (which isnt bfgminer or my moonlander) is just stopping itself for no reason at all it seems as well.
but on my raspberry pi  ive had m-cpuminer-v2 running mining magi for DAYS now with no issues at all (pi is only mining magi bought it for the moonlander to make a starters rig but then realized soon after that i need the powered usb hub so thats why i started with the moonlander on my windows 10 pc)
for those that have helped even a little so far thank you very much but im starting to think its my PC OS and not my miner or moonlander i can not seems to get any miner to run stable on my system at all ( CPU, GPU, Moonlander... nothing) is there anything anyone could think of that could cause this? im on Windows 10 64bit
Yea thats definitely an issue of not enough power on the port. Like others have said run it on the lowest frequency and see if it runs stable.
is there anything else it could be because im starting to think its not the moonlander but my PC and not the USB either because i have a CPU miner that i use for Magi and it is stopping on its own as well it looks like.
to
and see what happens.
by the by,
Dang fam, that's all I can think of.  My next move would be find a powered hub on Amazon or something, there are several listed throughout this thread, and see if that does it.  Remember you need something like 2.1~2.5 amps per port.
and this isnt standard for a desktop PC's USB 3.0 ports? sorry but im rather new to all of this and am still learning
I don't think it's a standard.  I think that's more relative to the specific hardware.  On my laptop one usb port will run a moonlander but the other one won't lol.  If you do look for a hub make sure it does data transfer as well as provide the power.  I accidentally bought a charging hub that didn't do data transfer. I'm pretty sure eyeboot has a cheap 2 port hub that will provide enough power to run one Moonlander.
and once again could this be something else not related to my BFGminer or moonlander? because it ssems that even my CPU miner that i use for MAGIcoin (which isnt bfgminer or my moonlander) is just stopping itself for no reason at all it seems as well.
but on my raspberry pi  ive had m-cpuminer-v2 running mining magi for DAYS now with no issues at all (pi is only mining magi bought it for the moonlander to make a starters rig but then realized soon after that i need the powered usb hub so thats why i started with the moonlander on my windows 10 pc)
Activity: 51
to
and see what happens.
by the by,

Dang fam, that's all I can think of.  My next move would be find a powered hub on Amazon or something, there are several listed throughout this thread, and see if that does it.  Remember you need something like 2.1~2.5 amps per port.
I don't think it's a standard.  I think that's more relative to the specific hardware.  On my laptop one usb port will run a moonlander but the other one won't lol.  If you do look for a hub make sure it does data transfer as well as provide the power.  I accidentally bought a charging hub that didn't do data transfer. I'm pretty sure eyeboot has a cheap 2 port hub that will provide enough power to run one Moonlander.
to
and see what happens.
by the by,
Dang fam, that's all I can think of.  My next move would be find a powered hub on Amazon or something, there are several listed throughout this thread, and see if that does it.  Remember you need something like 2.1~2.5 amps per port.
to
and see what happens.
by the by,

to
and see what happens.
by the by,
Same as before lol, try running it at a lower speed and gradually increase it.  Mine were doing the same and I've found i can only run 6 at 600mhz on 2 Pluggable 7 ports, I was running 3 on 1 Pluggable at 900 but once I added the second set it started getting clogged up.
to
and see what happens.
by the by,

Pages:
Jump to: