Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread - page 14. (Read 71430 times)

legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Good evening,

I am a newby and I am still waiting for my moonlander 2, but I have a couple of dummy questions.

1. Can my pc go to sleeping mode while mining?

2. If I have multiple USB miners and I want to mine the same coin, do I need to run different .bat files?  Or can I just run a single .bat document and all the miners will run for that coin?

3. Can anyone recommend a good tutorial on how to choose a good scrypt coin to mine?  I have been reading around and it seems to be information out there is biased.  I kinda want to stay away from Litecoin since it is super competitive.

Thank you in advance.   

1) Proably not, bfgminer needs to be running and USB ports powered for mining to continue
2)No, as long as you leave the .bat file on auto it will detect all of them and run them in a single instance
3)That comes down to your own research and personal preference....there are dozens of scrypt coins...obviously lower diff ones have the "highest" returns in terms of coins you can mine, but they are the riskiest in terms of future value.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Good evening,

I am a newby and I am still waiting for my moonlander 2, but I have a couple of dummy questions.

1. Can my pc go to sleeping mode while mining?

2. If I have multiple USB miners and I want to mine the same coin, do I need to run different .bat files?  Or can I just run a single .bat document and all the miners will run for that coin?

3. Can anyone recommend a good tutorial on how to choose a good scrypt coin to mine?  I have been reading around and it seems to be information out there is biased.  I kinda want to stay away from Litecoin since it is super competitive.

Thank you in advance.   
Activity: 1
Question after changing my usernamr i keeps saying there is an error and im unable to run the miner, also is saying i input the wrong url
Activity: 22
Merit: 15

Plus the 5v supply on the Apollo I only designed to be able to run the MCU (I believe its rated for 2A), if you run a Moonlander through the USB port you could risk instability issues with either the Moonlander or the MCU if it starts drawing more than 2A.

if I went that route, I'd be using a hub for the Moonlander, but I'd prefer to run bfgminer on my Odroid that has my Gekko hub connected to it. Running things at stock or lower settings has never been my thing.
legendary
Will the Apollo be able to run the Moonlander? I have one on order. I'll just keep the Moonlander running on the Win10 box its currently connected to for now.

The Apollo doesn't have out of the box support for Moonlanders. However, the bfgminer binary for raspberry pi is directly compatible with the Apollo MCU and I've had such combination running without issues. The reality is that it doesn't make much sense from efficiency point of view even if possible.

Plus the 5v supply on the Apollo I only designed to be able to run the MCU (I believe its rated for 2A), if you run a Moonlander through the USB port you could risk instability issues with either the Moonlander or the MCU if it starts drawing more than 2A.
Activity: 61
Merit: 4
Will the Apollo be able to run the Moonlander? I have one on order. I'll just keep the Moonlander running on the Win10 box its currently connected to for now.

The Apollo doesn't have out of the box support for Moonlanders. However, the bfgminer binary for raspberry pi is directly compatible with the Apollo MCU and I've had such combination running without issues. The reality is that it doesn't make much sense from efficiency point of view even if possible.
legendary

Pretty sure you'll need to compile this on the odriod. Linux Binaries are for the raspberry pi and x86 based CPUs, they might not work with 64bit ARM.

that's what I was afraid of and that's where things get over my head.

Its actually fairly straight forward to compile on linux. I know someone posted a detailed writeup somewhere in this thread with all the commands, but Ill post my script later you can just run on your system and its should compile fine.

Pretty sure you'll need to compile this on the odriod. Linux Binaries are for the raspberry pi and x86 based CPUs, they might not work with 64bit ARM.

that's what I was afraid of and that's where things get over my head.

legendary
I'm having a bit of difficulty getting bfgminer to work on my Odroid N2 running Ubuntu 18.04. I have the armv6 version installed and I'm attempting to just get the sample start_moonlander2.sh script to get things going, but I'm getting the following error when trying to run from my bfgminer folder:

./start_moonlander2.sh: line 1: ./bfgminer: no such file or directory

I've given read/write permissions to everything in the directory.

Any thoughts? Is it because it's a 64bit proc?

The only other thing I have running on this SBC is cgminer with my GekkoScience stuff.

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
just tried it with full path and it's doing the same thing. I gave rw to the user, group and others to the whole directory for testing.

And execute permissions on bfgminer?
You might change the directory reference in the script, the ./ in front of the bfgminer call, to a fully qualified path, eg. mine is /home/ubuntu/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_x86_64/bfgminer ...

Do you have the execute bit set on the permissions for bfgminer(?), eg. -rwxrwxr-x 1 ubuntu ubuntu 2242544 Dec 13  2017 bfgminer (chmod 775 bfgminer)

just tried it with full path and it's doing the same thing. I gave rw to the user, group and others to the whole directory for testing.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
I'm having a bit of difficulty getting bfgminer to work on my Odroid N2 running Ubuntu 18.04. I have the armv6 version installed and I'm attempting to just get the sample start_moonlander2.sh script to get things going, but I'm getting the following error when trying to run from my bfgminer folder:

The only other thing I have running on this SBC is cgminer with my GekkoScience stuff.

You might change the directory reference in the script, the ./ in front of the bfgminer call, to a fully qualified path, eg. mine is /home/ubuntu/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_x86_64/bfgminer ...

Do you have the execute bit set on the permissions for bfgminer(?), eg. -rwxrwxr-x 1 ubuntu ubuntu 2242544 Dec 13  2017 bfgminer (chmod 775 bfgminer)

Activity: 61
Merit: 4
Snapped the USB part off the moonlader 0_O. Does anyone know what the part number would be to order a new one?

Molex 48037-1000 should be compatible.
Activity: 12
Glad I bought one, and another today lol. Sits @796 on .bat, not sure what the output is (no tester) but I drop the mem down far as possible to when it stops responding then bring it up super small bit. Sometimes if too many HW issues show I raise it up.

Do not remove the fans ~~no benefit but wearing it out.~~

Activity: 12
Hello.

Snapped the USB part off the moonlader 0_O. Does anyone know what the part number would be to order a new one?

https://i.imgur.com/yInNo7o.jpg

Not sure how to get the image to show here in the forum.
Activity: 2
No, I hadn't.  Thank you! Works now
legendary
Hi.  Can anyone help. 

On my Mac with 10.13.06 I'm trying to edit the start-moonlander-2 file in order to insert my own info but the bfgminer-5.4.2-FutureBit2-mac64 folder that I have downloaded has 'read only' permissions even though the 'file info' states that there is a read and write privilege for myself.

Amy ideas.  Unlocking the folder does nothing and it is not possible to change any of the permissions locked or unlocked.

Thanks in advance.

Did you copy the bfgminer folder out of the dmg image into your desktop or hard drive?
Activity: 2
Hi.  Can anyone help. 

On my Mac with 10.13.06 I'm trying to edit the start-moonlander-2 file in order to insert my own info but the bfgminer-5.4.2-FutureBit2-mac64 folder that I have downloaded has 'read only' permissions even though the 'file info' states that there is a read and write privilege for myself.

Amy ideas.  Unlocking the folder does nothing and it is not possible to change any of the permissions locked or unlocked.

Thanks in advance.

Activity: 114
Merit: 151
I had issues when I ran these on usb3 ports.   Run's smoothly for me however on usb2.0 and clocked at 720Mhz.  I have two of them on a gekkoscience USB powered hub.  I wouldn't suggest running these directly from a PC usb port as they will not get the proper power that's needed.
Pages:
Jump to: