Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread - page 55. (Read 71661 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I cant get the moonlander 2 to mine verge, can you please help.
My settings are: bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.eu:3777/#skipcbcheck -u DPqXKHF9E8upV8ib4wTez8kmqKq2n8AiZV -p c=XVG -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=600
pause

I keep getting errors like:
 [2018-02-16 09:09:05] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2018-02-16 09:09:07] Rejected 0014ec66 MLD 0  Diff 47m/32m (Invalid share)
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
It used to be hovering around 4.2 - 4.8 although now is around 2.3... any ideas?

Has anything changed in your setup? Low hash rate is usually because you don't provide enough power to device (added another USB device?) or the device is overheating. You need better cooling or turn down the frequency. What happens when you unplug for 5 minutes... does hash rate go back up?
Activity: 933
Merit: 175
My miner has been working just fine now for about 2 months now, although in the past few days its been acting really weird... the hashing rate just dropped by about half. It used to be hovering around 4.2 - 4.8 although now is around 2.3... any ideas?

Have you tried to restart it, plug it separately or to different machine?
Activity: 9
My miner has been working just fine now for about 2 months now, although in the past few days its been acting really weird... the hashing rate just dropped by about half. It used to be hovering around 4.2 - 4.8 although now is around 2.3... any ideas?
Activity: 7
I ordered and received 2 Moonlander 2s from asicpuppy. One of them works fine but the other seems to be dead on arrival. No matter how I connect it to my pc, the miner software will not detect the device. I reached out to asicpuppy support but haven't received any response. Anyone else have experiences with asicpuppy's support that can help? Thanks!

Does it show up at all under your device manager? Does the yellow or red led flash at all when you start up bfgminer?

It does show up under device manager. The D2 led stays on and no other led flashes when bfgminer is on.

This is frustrating, I have not received any response from ASICpuppy and I still have a defective unit. I've sent numerous support emails and none of them have been replied to. Has anyone had any luck contacting ASICpuppy? Is there any way else besides their support email?
Activity: 84
I have received 5 more Moonlanders, so now have total of 8. I have a Sipolar hub capable of running all 8 but would like to split between 2 different coins/pools.

I understand how to write the bat file in Windows - com ports for each usb, but how do you do it with a Raspberry pi setup?

Thanks

Same deal, you just use linux syntax which is /dev/ttyUSBx where x is device number.

Thanks. Still very new to Linux, just a copy-and-paste man at the mo. So is this right, 5x Moonlanders on same hub?

2x Moonlanders pool 1 - bat 1 - pool1.com -S mld:/dev/ttyUSB0 -S mld:/dev/ttyUSB1
3x Moonlanders pool 2 - bat 2 - pool2.com -S mld:/dev/ttyUSB2 -S mld:/dev/ttyUSB3 -S mld:/dev/ttyUSB4

Then if i added 3x more

3x Moonlanders pool 3 -bat 3 - pool3.com -S mld:/dev/ttyUSB5 -S mld:/dev/ttyUSB6 -S mld:/dev/ttyUSB7

Huh
Activity: 73
did the ML2 pull request make it into bfgminer 5.5.0?

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
I ordered and received 2 Moonlander 2s from asicpuppy. One of them works fine but the other seems to be dead on arrival. No matter how I connect it to my pc, the miner software will not detect the device. I reached out to asicpuppy support but haven't received any response. Anyone else have experiences with asicpuppy's support that can help? Thanks!

Does it show up at all under your device manager? Does the yellow or red led flash at all when you start up bfgminer?

It does show up under device manager. The D2 led stays on and no other led flashes when bfgminer is on.

Please put

Code:
-D  2>log.txt

at the end of your bat file, and put the log file on pastbin and send it to me (it will be in bfgminer folder named log.txt).
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
I have received 5 more Moonlanders, so now have total of 8. I have a Sipolar hub capable of running all 8 but would like to split between 2 different coins/pools.

I understand how to write the bat file in Windows - com ports for each usb, but how do you do it with a Raspberry pi setup?

Thanks

Same deal, you just use linux syntax which is /dev/ttyUSBx where x is device number.

Thanks
10,000 kH/s is 10 MH/s, so 2 x 5 = 10 MH/s or 10,000 kH/s

1.5A will NOT do 5 MH/s, more like 2.5-3A
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
I finally got the sticks preorder from bittawart after 12 days stay on delivery firm in my country.

I have a hub which is connected on electric network. Can i connect the third stick on max 1.5 A on hub?

And one stick has 5MH/s maxim right?

Is normal that pool shows only 10 kH/s or is something wrong with my hub , internet , miner configuration?

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
does anyone sell replacement fans for these things? I have one that started making a helluva noise, still mines though for now

the fans are easy to fix.. take the sticker off the pack and using a needle carefully pull off the rubber o ring holding the shaft in place..
slide the fan part out and using some white lithium grease lube it up and put it back in.. no need to replace the o ring the magnet will hold it in place.

Actually that is not what is happening.  On a clean reboot of the PC box, I plug in the stick to the hub and the fan runs slow.
I start hashing and the fan stays slow.  It's when I hit Q on the keyboard to stop the miner and that is when the fan jumps to a super high speed and stays there.
If I unplug the stick and wait a few minutes and plug the stick back in the fan runs slow again.  Or if I reboot the PC, the fan will run slow when plugged in again.
The only time it jumps to this super high speed is when I hit Q on the keyboard or just shut down the terminal window.
I have a 5A PS brick on the hub.  I get that the fan is dumb (not controlled) but this is not making sense...

I will shoot a video later and show you.  I will also read what the voltage is on my hub while hashing or not hashing. Maybe the PS is doing something odd.

Bob

these fans are a very simple design.. not much that can go wrong with them..
they have no pwm circuit or anything, just basically 5v and they spin.

however mine came with no lube on them at all.. and after a short time they all started sounding like they going to fall apart and vibrating a ton.. im guessing its because the shafts wear down a tad and vibrate in the bearing.

i lubed them all up and they are ok, but not perfect.. it probably would have been best to lube them from the start.

what jstefanop said about the voltage drop is true tho. if you are running your hub at near max power the voltage could drop down to 4v instead of 5v.. when you hit q the mining stops and the voltage jumps back up.. it would most definitely cause the fans to speed up.

Activity: 76

Have you plugged the one device straight into a PC USB port and tried that? I have something similar, one MLD isn't recognised properly by my hub anymore, sometimes it doesn't show up in device manager, sometimes it does, but when it does bfgminer doesn't recognize the device (no device found). It happens on any usb port on the hub. Other MLDs on the same hub are fine. The malfunctioning device works fine when directly plugged into a PC USB port (using win10).

If possible you might give that a try. If that doesn't work either, there is little hope I guess. Since your device is recognized it suggest that the usb chip on the mld is just fine. If it doesn't work directly on the pc either, then I guess it is the asic itself... If it works on the PC but not a hub, then it's something with the hub, just as in my case.

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Did anyone try to setup these for solomining some old coins? The only way I can think of would be proxy server setup. Did that work for anyone here?

Yes, that idea would work. Setup node of any old coin, setup stratum proxy, mine to proxy with bfgminer. Which coins do you have in mind?
GCN
Activity: 44
does anyone sell replacement fans for these things? I have one that started making a helluva noise, still mines though for now

the fans are easy to fix.. take the sticker off the pack and using a needle carefully pull off the rubber o ring holding the shaft in place..
slide the fan part out and using some white lithium grease lube it up and put it back in.. no need to replace the o ring the magnet will hold it in place.

Actually that is not what is happening.  On a clean reboot of the PC box, I plug in the stick to the hub and the fan runs slow.
I start hashing and the fan stays slow.  It's when I hit Q on the keyboard to stop the miner and that is when the fan jumps to a super high speed and stays there.
If I unplug the stick and wait a few minutes and plug the stick back in the fan runs slow again.  Or if I reboot the PC, the fan will run slow when plugged in again.
The only time it jumps to this super high speed is when I hit Q on the keyboard or just shut down the terminal window.
I have a 5A PS brick on the hub.  I get that the fan is dumb (not controlled) but this is not making sense...

I will shoot a video later and show you.  I will also read what the voltage is on my hub while hashing or not hashing. Maybe the PS is doing something odd.

Bob
Activity: 933
Merit: 175
Did anyone try to setup these for solomining some old coins? The only way I can think of would be proxy server setup. Did that work for anyone here?

Yes, that idea would work. Setup node of any old coin, setup stratum proxy, mine to proxy with bfgminer. Which coins do you have in mind?
Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Might try this - you sure you don’t have to replace O ring?
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Pages:
Jump to: