Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Lamborghini for bitcoin thread! - page 2. (Read 34996 times)

qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411
Shitcoin Minimalist
While it is true a castle in own use costs money indeed, it can be used also for business but then it has to be in good shape.
Weddings, concerts, accomondation etc. can be organized there and they all bring money in + you probably can apply some kind of financial aid from EU or some other instance - after all, it has some historical value.
All of the above is true to a certain extent, but as someone with modest experience in the hospitality business I can honestly tell you that there's probably not a single "ancient"* castle in the world that truly makes money. There are locations where a castle is accompanied by a large, new resort or something where business is profitable, though.

*ancient meaning not just a fake facade like Disneyworld Wink
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht

Didn't know it was usual in the UK to have such huge car loans Smiley Now I see that many people are living above and beyond their possibilities.

I thought the population there actually had quite a bit more money than the average european person, but I guess that's just hear say.

It is prosperous in parts, especially London of course. The South East sucks a vast amount of life from the rest of the country. Loads of Europeans come there because there's more money to be made and it's far easier and more lucrative to set up a business there than elsewhere in Europe.

There's something like 300,000 French folks in London alone, so many that they might get their own MP in the French parliament.

One thing that does unify Brits is their love of suicidal quantities of credit.

In France you have to fellate your bank manager to get the tiniest of mortgages. In the UK they were doling out 125% mortgages to any old psycho with 'self certification' ie you just told them you were earning enough and they'd gaily hand over the cash.  

There's loads of money sloshing around. Not a great deal of it was actually earned.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

Wasn't aware that was the current of thought in the UK, it seemed quite the opposite when I went there once: super cars pretty much everywhere on the streets. Of all kinds and brands...

So I guess there are many twats around there? Cheesy

As for staying under the radar... Agreed Wink

Compared to almost any other country I've been to, the UK is heaving with top end cars. In comparison in Europe or the US you might spot a fancy car every couple of days if you're lucky.

It's not down to wealth as much as a love of outrageous amounts of credit. I think the UK is the world's most personally indebted economy by a long way.

A supercar in London is just part of the landscape. Elsewhere it's open season from jealous dick heads. Brits do not like or encourage overt displays of success.

Seriously though, they can't all be rich surely?

Nope it's all on the never never. Look at all the finance options on the table for the average car buyer here. In France you can barely get the bank to hand over a credit card with a couple of hundred Euro limit.

Didn't know it was usual in the UK to have such huge car loans Smiley Now I see that many people are living above and beyond their possibilities.

I thought the population there actually had quite a bit more money than the average european person, but I guess that's just hear say.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Come on. Isn't everyone here typing from their castle? Show us some deeds or forever leave this thread.

I occasionally borrow a compact and bijoux Scottish castle. It's 11th century but sadly it's been turned into a 70s nightmare of his n'hers vanity tables and acres of stripped pine. I don't think I'd be buying it any time soon even if I had the cash, let alone a properly sized one.

Googled some photos of that castle.
I am not sure if I found the right one but to me the one I found looked, well, ugly (outside, not so much inside).
Like a stereotype of a haunted castle from some kind of horror story.

If you paid me nicely I might consider taking it for a while but if I had to pay - no way. Not even for free.
legendary
Welt Am Draht

You are right, I have not owned a castle. I wonder how did you guess.  Roll Eyes

Come on. Isn't everyone here typing from their castle? Show us some deeds or forever leave this thread.

I occasionally borrow a compact and bijoux Scottish castle. It's 11th century but sadly it's been turned into a 70s nightmare of his n'hers vanity tables and acres of stripped pine. I don't think I'd be buying it any time soon even if I had the cash, let alone a properly sized one.
legendary
Castles don't make money, they consume it. Anybody who thinks otherwise has probably never owned one  Grin

Yet it is a nice place to spend the Midsummer Night - in Estonia, it's tomorrow.

You are right, I have not owned a castle. I wonder how did you guess.  Roll Eyes

While it is true a castle in own use costs money indeed, it can be used also for business but then it has to be in good shape.
Weddings, concerts, accomondation etc. can be organized there and they all bring money in + you probably can apply some kind of financial aid from EU or some other instance - after all, it has some historical value.
If I am not mistaken, Haikon Kartano in Finland has that type of business model despite it is not very convenient to reach there - one need to own a car to get there (which a large position of people living in Helsinki do not own).
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Castles don't make money, they consume it. Anybody who thinks otherwise has probably never owned one  Grin

Yet it is a nice place to spend the Midsummer Night - in Estonia, it's tomorrow.
legendary
I have a castle for sale for 4500 BTC, or serious offer Smiley

Where at and will you owner finance? Smiley

We are talking about the famous Bitcoin Castle in Malla, Estonia. And no, you don't buy castles on credit  Wink

I have a better idea:
Apply for financing to finish it, make it a profitable business and then sell it in shares.

You might want to organize a share issuence for instance via invesdor.com for finishing the building.
After that sell your share to someone else, but before that it obviously need to make profit. Nobody wants to buy a business that loses money.
legendary
Welt Am Draht
I've owned a couple of quasi supercars. I don't think I'd ever go there again. In the UK it doesn't inspire appreciation. People just tend to think you're a flashy twat.

Staying under the radar is far more peaceful and more fun. I'd go for a stinky old banger with a few hundred grand's worth of WRC technology bristling underneath.
Care to share how you made your wealth? it's always interesting to hear how rich people become rich (except when they inherit most of it which is sadly the case in tons of occasions).

I ain't wealthy. I used to broker and buy and sell classic and competition cars. It was a filthy business filled with scum and it got worse the higher up you went. I despise thieving and lying so I was never really going to end up making bank and there is a LOT of money sloshing around in that market wanting to be spent.

There were high end American dealers paying little old men in Modenese sheds to take a $50,000 basket case Ferrari, hammer out a new body, glue on fake numbers and sell it for several mil.

After one ludicriously fast car too many I got it out of my system and these days I'd prefer to take the bus.

My silliest was probably a 640 bhp Ford RS200. Luckily the public approved of that one or didn't know what it was. Had I hung on to some of the cars I played with back in the day then I would be wealthy.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
I've owned a couple of quasi supercars. I don't think I'd ever go there again. In the UK it doesn't inspire appreciation. People just tend to think you're a flashy twat.

Staying under the radar is far more peaceful and more fun. I'd go for a stinky old banger with a few hundred grand's worth of WRC technology bristling underneath.
Care to share how you made your wealth? it's always interesting to hear how rich people become rich (except when they inherit most of it which is sadly the case in tons of occasions).
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
Seeing stuff like this burns quite a bit. Such is the luck of the early investors. I hope that we can celebrate something like this 10 years from now, hopefully our current stacks can afford us a lambo.

Any investment is going to pay more to the initial investors than it pays when the investment is more seasoned. I'm jealous of the early Apple Inc investors. Every one of them is famously wealthy, later investors - not so much.
This is assuming that they did not cash out prior to Apple having the incredible run that started ~10ish years ago. I am sure that there are plenty of people that purchased bitcoin when it was trading for only pennies, to later sell for ~$5 each, missing the runup to over $1,000. I don't see why there would be any reason why Apple shareholders would not engage in a similar practice in some instances.

Yes I completely agree with you. The price of bitcoin has completely skyrocketed and there was a time when it was trading for pennies and the people who have bought bitcoins that time and still having it will have the luxury to spend them on such items, this is one of the things that has made many early adopters multi millionaires.
EFS
staff
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2065
Crypto Swap Exchange
We are talking about the famous Bitcoin Castle in Malla, Estonia. And no, you don't buy castles on credit  Wink

You should update your cover photo with a real photo of castle.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
I'm about to buy a new lambo with the profits ima bout to make on CIRC.
Sickest wallet in the cryptosphere.

Lambo here I come.
legendary
Welt Am Draht

That's my point. It shouldn't burn any more for Bitcoin than it does for any other investment. Hindsight is 20/20.

I think there's a bit of pride mixed up in the burning too. Apple just makes stuff, albeit cool stuff in the eyes of others.

If you'd said you were going all in back in the day people might have said 'woah, that's a risk' but it was just another company and one with a healthy past.

Going all in and winning with BTC is a far more way out move in the eyes of many. It proves to your pussy investor friends that you had vision and balls of steel.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
Nice, congrats man, how much you buy that Lambo for? Is this only for Lamborghinis? or other super cars too?

around 150k euro, there was a similar case of one guy purchasing one lambo via 4chan two years ago

http://www.dailydot.com/business/4chan-bitcoin-lamborghini/

maybe is that guy above?
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Seeing stuff like this burns quite a bit. Such is the luck of the early investors. I hope that we can celebrate something like this 10 years from now, hopefully our current stacks can afford us a lambo.

Any investment is going to pay more to the initial investors than it pays when the investment is more seasoned. I'm jealous of the early Apple Inc investors. Every one of them is famously wealthy, later investors - not so much.
This is assuming that they did not cash out prior to Apple having the incredible run that started ~10ish years ago. I am sure that there are plenty of people that purchased bitcoin when it was trading for only pennies, to later sell for ~$5 each, missing the runup to over $1,000. I don't see why there would be any reason why Apple shareholders would not engage in a similar practice in some instances.

That's my point. It shouldn't burn any more for Bitcoin than it does for any other investment. Hindsight is 20/20.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Nice, congrats man, how much you buy that Lambo for? Is this only for Lamborghinis? or other super cars too?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
no longer selling accounts

Pages:
Jump to: