Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Money Lost in Mt. GOX Thread - page 3. (Read 19419 times)

Activity: 454
Merit: 250
Technology and Women. Amazing.
February 26, 2014, 10:51:51 AM
$27,812.28 USD and 59.2BTC

Sad
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
I am not Dorian Nakamoto.
February 25, 2014, 08:36:41 PM
744,000 BTC

Looks like Mark is on bitcointalk!
legendary
February 25, 2014, 08:34:58 PM
Just quoting this here again. Seems fairly appropriate right now. From my inbox:

Brendan Support, Feb 15 08:37:

Dear Valued Customer,

Sorry for the inconvenience that have may caused. Our technical team is working hard to fix this issue and it will be fixed as soon as possible. All your BTC's are very safe and secured. Once the issue is fixed you will be able to initiate the BTC withdrawal and there is no time measure at this moment, we will be able to provide a clear picture soon.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused, and thank you for your kind support and considerations.

Best regards,

MtGox Team
https://www.mtgox.com

Well, someone has secured your BTC.
legendary
February 25, 2014, 08:29:00 PM

Just don't kill yourself. This isn't over yet and you might get something back.

Also, remember as Franz Kafka is purported to have said:

"The false illusions of a freedom achieved by external means is an error, a confusion, a desert in which nothing flourishes except the two herbs of fear and despair. That is inevitable, because anything which has a real and lasting value is always a gift from within. Man doesn't grow from below upwards but from within outwards. That is the fundamental conditional of all freedom in life. It is not an artificially constructed social environment but an attitude to oneself and to the world which it is a perpetual struggle to maintain. It's the condition of man's freedom."
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
February 25, 2014, 07:36:29 PM
The only thing I lost from this was reputation as a Bitcoin investor, but I believe the advantages of cryptocurrencies will make up for their current shortcomings, most of which can be solved in the future. The lack of reliable exchanges is a serious problem, but I think the situation is improving in this regard.
Activity: 212
February 25, 2014, 06:54:49 PM
Looks like 38BTC gone.  I knew better but trading was fun.
now that´s the spirit Cheesy

happy to say I got all out 2 weeks ago (fiat) and btc end of jan.
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
February 25, 2014, 06:51:53 PM
Looks like 38BTC gone.  I knew better but trading was fun.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
February 25, 2014, 05:14:47 PM
5 BTC used for trading and friend lost 95 btc

Told him for ages to pull out, but he kept saying they where safer at gox :_(

Total lost among friends around 150 btc

We've all pulled out a little late before I think ;-)

Lolz tbh this thread above all other does need a little humour.

With chicks you can usually convince them to take one of those regret pills, with gox.. not so easy as support was/is sooo slow and to late anyway
Activity: 504
February 25, 2014, 05:11:31 PM
$12000 and 28 btc

I repeatedly tried to verify my account so I could get my money out and twice they refused my verification documents. Once in December and then again at the end of January.

Other people I know had no trouble verifying their accounts but each of them had no BTC or FIAT in them hence why I think they were verified because the Gox was assuming that a nice fat FIAT deposit would be coming their way. Where as people like me would only be taking FIAT out and not depositing any.

I never deposited any FIAT to MTGox only BTC from mining and trading alt coins.

The only reason I can see that MtGox let people trade after the BTC withdrawals were halted was to trick people into spending FIAT on non existent BTC to reduce their FIAT liability as they were probably under the assumption that people claiming BTC back through the courts was unlikely where as FIAT has the legal backing.

Either way one can only hope that Karpeles will be Gang Goxxxed and left in a ditch.

I was working against their plan then: I logged in for the first time in months and traded my folio up 500$ and was all Goxbux when they pulled the plug?
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
February 25, 2014, 05:07:58 PM
2 BTC
Activity: 238
February 25, 2014, 05:07:37 PM
$12000 and 28 btc

I repeatedly tried to verify my account so I could get my money out and twice they refused my verification documents. Once in December and then again at the end of January.

Other people I know had no trouble verifying their accounts but each of them had no BTC or FIAT in them hence why I think they were verified because the Gox was assuming that a nice fat FIAT deposit would be coming their way. Where as people like me would only be taking FIAT out and not depositing any.

I never deposited any FIAT to MTGox only BTC from mining and trading alt coins.

The only reason I can see that MtGox let people trade after the BTC withdrawals were halted was to trick people into spending FIAT on non existent BTC to reduce their FIAT liability as they were probably under the assumption that people claiming BTC back through the courts was unlikely where as FIAT has the legal backing.

Either way one can only hope that Karpeles will be Gang Goxxxed and left in a ditch.
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
February 25, 2014, 04:49:22 PM

I got all my coins ripped off by a guy on here (Timo Willemsen - thanks asshole) I hired to build a website for me.  I forget how many exactly now but it was in the 30-50 BTC range.  NBD, only a few dozen thousand worth of coins :-)
Activity: 1
February 25, 2014, 04:47:31 PM
2 BTC

:-(

What can I do?
Activity: 294
February 25, 2014, 04:47:19 PM

February 25, 2014, 04:45:11 PM

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
February 25, 2014, 04:44:24 PM

February 25, 2014, 04:42:45 PM
Where does answering a question with a question lead ?   Grin

Your coins have been lost since you deposited them.  That's where I was getting.

You asking how long your coins have been gone without specifying when you put them in prevented a specific answer.
February 25, 2014, 04:41:56 PM
Welcome to the fail boat bro  Cry 

Its sure looks like its sinking  Cry
Activity: 21
February 25, 2014, 04:38:51 PM
BTC 30
USD 0,-

man, this sucks....