Pages:
Author

Topic: [OFFICIAL] [SAFEX] Safe Exchange Coin [website www.safex.io] - page 2. (Read 191518 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Just a heads up to anyone interested in this coin.  It has been under attack for the last few days.  It was just 51% attacked and the attacker printed 14k blocks.  Don't bother talking about it in their discord as their developer will kick you after being an ass to you.  Great project  Roll Eyes
How do you know about that? Personally, I think you're making this up for the token you're recommending. Don't believe you let the proof.

I posted a few things in their discord server showing what happened but was kicked out for it.  It is pretty easy to see the blocks that were printed.  Just go to their explorer and look at all the blocks that were mined when the network was stalled and just inserted after.  The blocks that were instant mined start at block 64885 and end at block 78340.  It is supposed to take almost 3 weeks to mine that many blocks but instead they were mined over a short attack period using minimal hashrate.  They were definitely attacked but they don't want to admit it and when they do admit to it they say that means people are scared of them.  No it means you don't know how to fork monero properly and are using an easy to attack difficulty algorithm for a small coin.
So you need to publish information not on the discord server, showing what happened, but on this forum. Here this news love and research.
Timestamp Attack: 
Block: 64786 timestamp: 1543718265, difficulty: 2092409798, nethash: 17.44MH
Block: 64787 timestamp: 1543718267, difficulty: 2095121665, nethash: 17.46MH
Block: 64796 timestamp: 1543718291, difficulty: 2189638825, nethash: 18.25MH

This is a small sample from the timestamp attack.  The attacker was manipulating the block timestamps to be 2-3 seconds apart.  As you can see the difficulty was high and nethash was at 17-18MH/s during the attack.  The point of this attack was to cause difficulty to rise way higher than it should have.  With the timestamps being 3 seconds apart the daemon thinks there is about 700MH/s mining.  This caused difficulty to spike and scared off all the people mining as it was costing way more in power to mine the coin than you would receive in rewards.

This attack gave the attacker a few days to execute their real attack which was to print 14k blocks worth of rewards.  They then spent the next 2 days roughly mining the coin while not connected to the rest of the daemons.  During this time they changed the coins settings to make it so blocks were only 1 second apart.  They then mined on their own chain printing about 14k blocks using roughly 3-4KH/s of hashrate for most of the blocks. 

height: 78000, timestamp: 1544059736, difficulty: 377488
height: 78001, timestamp: 1544059738, difficulty: 377069
height: 78010, timestamp: 1544059745, difficulty: 373247

That is 10 blocks mined 9 seconds apart with a nethash of 3.1KH/s.  After mining all these blocks they reconnected to the network and caused a huge reorganization.  To make it so their chain was the main chain they had to make sure total difficulty of their chain was larger than the current main chain.  Since they had stalled the blockchain the miners mostly abandoned the coin leaving roughly 200KH/s on the chain.  So lets say to be safe they rented 300KH/s for 2 days.  At roughly .09BTC/MH/day nicehash price this part of the attack only cost them about 0.05BTC which is about $210.  The timestamp attack went on for a few hours and most likely cost about the same.  So it cost them 0.1BTC to attack the coin and mine 840,00 safex.  Assuming they sell for at least 1000 sats each which is less than the price they are currently selling for the attacker will end up making about 8BTC off of this attack. 
  If Safex continues to use a 720 block difficulty window and stay on the same algorithm as Monero these attacks will likely continue.  Even if they don’t there will still be the cyclical mining where people use nicehash when difficulty is low to mine the easy blocks then stop when difficulty rises and lets the regular miners be stuck mining the higher difficulty blocks.  Then when nethash drops again the nicehashers will come back.
Activity: 490
Merit: 103
Just a heads up to anyone interested in this coin.  It has been under attack for the last few days.  It was just 51% attacked and the attacker printed 14k blocks.  Don't bother talking about it in their discord as their developer will kick you after being an ass to you.  Great project  Roll Eyes
How do you know about that? Personally, I think you're making this up for the token you're recommending. Don't believe you let the proof.

I posted a few things in their discord server showing what happened but was kicked out for it.  It is pretty easy to see the blocks that were printed.  Just go to their explorer and look at all the blocks that were mined when the network was stalled and just inserted after.  The blocks that were instant mined start at block 64885 and end at block 78340.  It is supposed to take almost 3 weeks to mine that many blocks but instead they were mined over a short attack period using minimal hashrate.  They were definitely attacked but they don't want to admit it and when they do admit to it they say that means people are scared of them.  No it means you don't know how to fork monero properly and are using an easy to attack difficulty algorithm for a small coin.
So you need to publish information not on the discord server, showing what happened, but on this forum. Here this news love and research.

you're post history speaks for itself

The data speaks for itself.  First there was a timestamp attack which stalled the blockchain.  Then there was a 51% attack that printed almost 1million coins.  Safex isn't the first coin to be attacked it happens often to CN coins on nicehash algorithms.  However trying to hide it and kicking people from discord and being assholes to those pointing out what happened is pretty gross behavior.  The main dev of this coin is super rude to anyone that doesn't fall in line and worship this coin.
Activity: 448
Merit: 251

you're post history speaks for itself

Activity: 588
Merit: 253
PSA: Safex Needs You to Mine Safex Cash https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6z5RY4J_w4&feature=youtu.be

The Safex Blockchain needs you to turn on your graphics cards and CPUs and start mining Safex Cash to keep it supported.
Well, in principle, it's good to keep the price in bitcoins, despite the hellish drain. I'm honestly impressed. Such a strong character.
Activity: 160
Merit: 10
I have had the Safex wallet for 6 months, do we need to get a new wallet for the migration?

yes mate,you need the new wallet to do the migration
SESAME
Why Crypto is Changing Ecommerce with Safex at OMG Commerce Netokracija: 11/22/2018 Belgrade, Serbia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz2S-fihc8Y&feature=youtu.be
Activity: 28
So, yeah, is the marketplace going to be launched on time?  Or did they mean black Friday 2019?

2019 or maybe 2020, depends of market condition, Dabek is a player
Activity: 40
Merit: 2
So, yeah, is the marketplace going to be launched on time?  Or did they mean black Friday 2019?
Activity: 542
Merit: 102
Migrating the old Safex from the Bitcoin Blockchain to the new Safex Blockchain

In this video, Daniel Dabek the architect of Safex gives a step by step walk through on importing your bitcoin private key where are stored your Safe Exchange Coins. He then proceeds to explain the whole process of setting your first and second half of the keys, and then finally sending your SAFEX to burn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKTIA1AHn0w&feature=youtu.be
Black friday announcement is still on track?
Black Friday already started yesterday due to Bitcoin sudden dramatical falls.
Did you buy cheap coin yesterday?

We’ll go lower, So i have plenty of time, and all next year even for shoping, i just want to know how is situation with safex marketplace? Black friday we should have Big opening?
Black friday announcement is still on track?
Merit: 1
List of SafeExchangeCoin mining pools with live stats & hashrate distribution

https://miningpoolstats.stream/safeexchangecoin
Activity: 275
Merit: 7
Safex is using blockchain technology to offer an e-commerce solution featuring Ring signatures. That means that Safex platform doesn’t hold any data about users’ balances or spending habits. You can shop without worrying about criminals targeting your account or your personal information.  https://coinedtimes.com/blockchain-the-next-step-in-the-evolution-of-online-shopping/#utm_source=fbtw&utm_medium=linkftw&utm_campaign=Marketplace%20Mil

In the future we will be here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1258419.new#new

And btw, we have new wallet and one click CPU Miner!!!
Success! Start mining now!
Activity: 34
I have had the Safex wallet for 6 months, do we need to get a new wallet for the migration?
Pages:
Jump to: