Pages:
Author

Topic: Official TerraHash topic (possible scam) - page 2. (Read 3249 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Pho Queen is indeed delicious.
Two streets over is one named ReamWood. A perfect place to host a Bitcoin ASIC pre-order shop. Wink
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I never said they were on the same side. Obviously there is some misunderstanding here. Personally I have not seen any of the two places we were looking to lease. All I know is we finally chose 1261. We will take possession in a couple of days, and then you will be more than welcome to come visit us.

I'll drive by next week, but I don't know which day of the week.
It'll be interesting to see whether the "For Lease" sign is gone, for instance.

Personally, I'm not interested in Avalon ASIC-based mining rigs.
I briefly considered buying a batch of 10000, then realized that 10000 Avalon ASICs draw about 28 kW or so - a rather unwieldy wattage, especially in areas supplied by Plunder, Grab & Extort (PG&E).
Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Regarding the address, its not an alley, it is a wharehouse/retail space.

Did a double-take there. Thought you said it was a whorehouse, then I realized you meant "warehouse."  Grin

I'll leave my original comment unedited for the sake of humor Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Did a double-take there. Thought you said it was a whorehouse, then I realized you meant "warehouse."  Grin

In a highly competitive environment that certainly would be one way of guaranteeing more bang for your buck Wink
Activity: 260
Merit: 100

I never said they were on the same side. Obviously there is some misunderstanding here. Personally I have not seen any of the two places we were looking to lease. All I know is we finally chose 1261. We will take possession in a couple of days, and then you will be more than welcome to come visit us.
I asked at the reception of the business at 1256 Birchwood whether there is a 1258 Birchwood - they said "no".
I asked at the reception of the business at 1260 Birchwood whether there is a 1258 Birchwood - they, too, said "no".

All of the even-numbered addresses are on the east side of the street. All of them.
All of the odd-numbered addresses are on the west side of the street. All of them.

Draw your own conclusions.
By the way 1258 very much exists, you can see it in Google Street View. Both 1258 and 1261 were up for rent, and we were deciding which one to take when the website was being setup. We finally went with 1261, but the webmaster had old information. I just contacted him to update the new address.
Well that's, that then. Can't label them scam if all their products on their site are 'out of order' and you are unable to purchase.

That said there is nothing explaining anything in detail on their site. If their 'representative' is watching you would do well to address that. More than ever, people need as much clarity and as little confusion as possible.
Official TerraHash representative here.

In order to be classified as a "scam", we have to be accepting money from you. All the folks who have contacted us since this morning, asking to place a pre-order, we have told them that we are not accepting any orders until we have something to ship.

Regarding the address, its not an alley, it is a wharehouse/retail space. It is for rent (see link below[1]). We are in the process of finalizing the lease. We don't have anything to do yet, as we all know Avalon has not released the specs yet. We will be buying the chips boards in bulk from BkkCoins (we are already in talks with him). We are already in talks with different suppliers for the components (again waiting for the Klondike design to be finished). We have already ordered automatic assembly machines (solder paste dispensers, SMT pick and place, reflow oven etc.).

The reason we went ahead with the press release so early is to gain hold in this market that is going to get very competitive soon.

I won't be replying to this thread anymore, and will be starting a new really official thread.

Thanks all.

[1] http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/off/3742997789.html
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
thanks for heads up... fake address = scam
Activity: 1148
Merit: 501
whoops..
To be fair, in their defence (aside from the fact they don't physically exist), they're not excepting orders for anything either.
Activity: 102
thanks for taking time out of your day to run by!
So, I heard about TerraHash this morning - it's close to my favorite Pho place, "Pho Queen", a place with incredibly good Pho and incredibly rude waiters.
I decided to combine business with pleasure and check the place out at noon.

Their website http://terrahash.com/contact-us/ gives their location as 1258 Birchwood Dr. in Sunnyvale, CA.

Guess what:

There is a 1260 Birchwood Drive.  http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/Inspector_2211/media/1260_birchwood_zpse3c98f4f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Then, where 1258 should be, there is an alley.  http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/Inspector_2211/media/1258_birchwood_is_an_alley_zps143d2a81.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

And there is a 1256 Birchwood Drive.  http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/Inspector_2211/media/1256_birchwood_zpscb0c3e10.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

'nuff said.

Update: they have now update their business address from the non-existent 1258 to 1261.
            1261 had a huge "for lease" sign out in front when I walked by, but, being on the wrong side of the street, I didn't take a picture of it.
Pages:
Jump to: