Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 197. (Read 678353 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
March 01, 2014, 04:10:30 PM
Ok any way I am not arguing anymore
But please make a difference between manufacturer and business parter. For sure amt Is/was and is still doing business with them but manufacturer I can agree to that if I get their 4 chip board in the next couple of days. But this ain't going to happen Grin  
So marto's post proves my words
Just a resume. I MANUFACTURED some fury boards for  amt  Grin amt manufacturer Grin but now I am not going to do it for coincrafts.

Do you have a comprehension problem?

They did not come to agreement on the terms to manufacture coincraft boards for AMT.

Are you trying to imply something else that is not in the text?  Man... you are looking like a real idiot.

What about you dude?
Manaficaturer means someone who is doing something way different to buy and resell. Got it?
Amt are just resellers. Probably they are making their first attempts to manufacture something and you are paying the bill for their trials and errors funny a? Who is the idiot now? You waiting for the miner to sell it on eBay or me the bigger idiot laughing at you. I do not mind to be the bigger idiot though Grin

Bitmine.ch also likely a novice in manufacturing,  so is BFL.

However, AMT alluded to the fact that the design was not theirs.

Further, the manufacturing is done by a contract manufacturer.

Was AMT too ambitious.  I think so,  that is why we see delays.
legendary
March 01, 2014, 04:08:19 PM
I have this theory about AMT...

1> They take pre sales for miners dating back to October 2013.
2> They quickly buy up the hardware and manufacture the miners
3> They run the miner themselves during this 'early profitable period' and bank on the BTC made
4> After many delays; miners are finally released to buyers to avoid possible refunds.
5> Miners are essentially vaporware and cannot ROI due to the delays. They will work, but will not pay for themselves - and getting a refund on this will be difficult since AMT can argue they fulfilled their promises with "limited delays that weren't directly their fault".

This would explain the lack of videos and pictures, they do not want us to know these miners already exist and are hashing them BTC since last year.

Theoretically: If a few refunds are issued, it's not the end of the world (to AMT) because someone else will take their place. As we've seen before, they will not directly refund the customer themselves: they just become a middleman between someone else buying the pre-orderer's miner.

I know it sounds a little confusing, but what I'm trying to say is: customers have paid AMT directly (wire transfer/BTC) but when it comes to getting a refund, they (AMT) says someone else must 'take over their pre-order' for a refund to occur. The original buyer gets their refund, and is essentially replaced by a new customer (the person who took over the pre-order). AMT doesn't spend a cent to refund the customer.

AMT is a SCAM: because they are using our money to fund their mining operation. We'll simply get the used hardware afterwards (that does work) and after months of trying to recoup our investment running the rig, find that it isn't going to break even. By this time, any kind of refund is impossible. AMT will do everything to make you happy and hold onto that equipment and not get a full refund, but it won't matter because it will be worthless in less than a few months.

So, that is my theory. Is it far fetched? I think it's genius actually if it could be pulled off. You are basically spending other peoples money to create a huge array of miners that make you rich, then you pass the hardware off when that earning window has elapsed and fulfill the customers' order.

Please let me know your thoughts on this possible theory.

Entirely possible.   This gives a plausible reason why they refuse to create a video of a working system.

Also, it is very clear that AMT is unable to perform a refund.  Apparently the money is has already been tied up.

If you start to do the math,  48 coincraft A1 chips is around 4,800... throw in the other stuff... $400... $5,200... not much margin left for something they sold at $5999.   

Hardware sales is a tough business.   The margins clearly aren't that great.

So if they can run their customers machine for a week or two prior to shipping in the guise of 'testing', then certainly that is a possibility.

legendary
Activity: 1610
March 01, 2014, 03:41:16 PM
But please make a difference between manufacturer and business parter. For sure amt Is/was and is still doing business with them but manufacturer I can agree to that if I get their 4 chip board in the next couple of days. But this ain't going to happen Grin  
Just a resume. I MANUFACTURED some fury boards for  amt  Grin amt manufacturer Grin but now I am not going to do it for coincrafts.

They did not come to agreement on the terms to manufacture coincraft boards for AMT.

Are you trying to imply something else that is not in the text?  Man... you are looking like a real idiot.

What about you dude?
Manaficaturer means someone who is doing something way different to buy and resell. Got it?
Amt are just resellers. Probably they are making their first attempts to manufacture something and you are paying the bill for their trials and errors funny a? Who is the idiot now? You waiting for the miner to sell it on eBay or me the bigger idiot laughing at you. I do not mind to be the bigger idiot though Grin
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
Stan the Man!
March 01, 2014, 03:41:00 PM
I have this theory about AMT...

1> They take pre sales for miners dating back to October 2013.
2> They quickly buy up the hardware and manufacture the miners
3> They run the miner themselves during this 'early profitable period' and bank on the BTC made
4> After many delays; miners are finally released to buyers to avoid possible refunds.
5> Miners are essentially vaporware and cannot ROI due to the delays. They will work, but will not pay for themselves - and getting a refund on this will be difficult since AMT can argue they fulfilled their promises with "limited delays that weren't directly their fault".

This would explain the lack of videos and pictures, they do not want us to know these miners already exist and are hashing them BTC since last year.

Theoretically: If a few refunds are issued, it's not the end of the world (to AMT) because someone else will take their place. As we've seen before, they will not directly refund the customer themselves: they just become a middleman between someone else buying the pre-orderer's miner.

I know it sounds a little confusing, but what I'm trying to say is: customers have paid AMT directly (wire transfer/BTC) but when it comes to getting a refund, they (AMT) says someone else must 'take over their pre-order' for a refund to occur. The original buyer gets their refund, and is essentially replaced by a new customer (the person who took over the pre-order). AMT doesn't spend a cent to refund the customer.

AMT is a SCAM: because they are using our money to fund their mining operation. We'll simply get the used hardware afterwards (that does work) and after months of trying to recoup our investment running the rig, find that it isn't going to break even. By this time, any kind of refund is impossible. AMT will do everything to make you happy and hold onto that equipment and not get a full refund, but it won't matter because it will be worthless in less than a few months.

So, that is my theory. Is it far fetched? I think it's genius actually if it could be pulled off. You are basically spending other peoples money to create a huge array of miners that make you rich, then you pass the hardware off when that earning window has elapsed and fulfill the customers' order.

Please let me know your thoughts on this possible theory.

I had the same exact theory.  My miner was supposedly tested before being shipped, yet it showed up with one of the boards having a bad chip.  I would think the QA process would be to make sure all chips on all boards are hashing.  What the hell else would you be looking for during this testing?  Turns on, check. All chips hash, check.  Ship it.  

When my rig arrived, it had 2 btc pools already in the config(Eligius and btcguild, i think), and Jim told me these pools were used for testing.  I got a weird feeling right about then.  

Could be miners are being "tested" on real pools, until they are no longer profitable, and then sent on to customers.  I know mine was tested on real pools, and OBVIOUS defects were not found during said testing.  

Glad i wasn't the only one to have this theory.

legendary
March 01, 2014, 03:39:21 PM
The key point in marto's posts is if they have experience last words. Do they have experience Grin
legendary
March 01, 2014, 03:37:50 PM

Are you trying to imply something else that is not in the text?  Man... you are looking like a real idiot.

legendary
March 01, 2014, 03:35:44 PM

Hi,
I'm writing here as far we did some business with AMT in the past.
All I can say for sure is that it is not a scam.
They made orders for our heX16B boards  with us and payments were in time as promised.
Josh is a man of his word , even been in a bad situation with forwarding from EU to USA he managed to fix it.
I'm not able to know where are they with Coincraft miners as far we did not met each other in terms of pricing and stuff for 28nm generation.
Any way  considering all the troubles with design and production I think they will make this thing a working product in some moment.
When I am not able to say.
Do all understand it's a lot of hard work putting all this together even if you have experience...

Just my 0.02 BTC

Let's dissect that post in gory detail so you get it.

---> not a scam... in other words... AMT is not a scam.

Josh is a man of his word , even been in a bad situation with forwarding from EU to USA he managed to fix it.

--> You can trust that Josh.

I'm not able to know where are they with Coincraft miners as far we did not met each other in terms of pricing and stuff for 28nm generation.

--> AMT is not using Technobit's board design.

Any way  considering all the troubles with design and production I think they will make this thing a working product in some moment.

--> Optimistic that AMT can deliver.

Do all understand it's a lot of hard work putting all this together even if you have experience...

--> As to when,  he's unsure.   He knows that it is a lot of hard work to deliver even if you know what you're doing!
legendary
March 01, 2014, 03:31:24 PM
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
March 01, 2014, 03:31:08 PM
For folks who insist on smearing AMT,  just letting you know that if AMT is indeed a scam and therefore guilty of wire fraud then they are subject to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_and_wire_fraud

18 U.S.C. § 1343 provides:

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.[2]

Extremely serious crimes if proven true.

So people, chill out about the unsubstantiated claims about AMT.

But what about people who will order in the future from Joshua Zipkin's company, AMT, where there is no proof that he's even been the US for at least the past three years?

A couple of folks had talked to him in person here in PA.

Someone ships the 80 GHs miners from somewhere in PA.  

Bitmine.ch ships chips to some location in the U.S. for AMT.

Someone was able to rent a PA location and office.  That incidentally was visited by other folks.

Technobit has shipped boards to them.  Technobit vouches for them as being legit.

You're making it seem that this company doesn't exists which is completely ludicrous.  It's like saying BFL does not exist.   Well for the longest time a lot of people thought BFL to be a scam,  however they eventually shipped.  Late, but they did ship.  

Dude,
As far as understand marto's post it is not a vouch at all. It just states that they did some business and amt Joshua was the men of the word back then. But what about now?

I think you need to dig up that post and re-quote it here.

Technobit (i.e. Marto) did say that AMT was legit.

Bitmine.ch also says they are legit.

So all 3 coincraft A1 manufacturers say each other are legit.   Seems to make sense.

Now it Bitmine or Technobit said that they never heard of AMT or have never worked with them, then I would be very worried.

Hi,
They made orders for our heX16B boards  with us and payments were in time as promised.

Just my 0.02 BTC
legendary
March 01, 2014, 03:25:12 PM
For folks who insist on smearing AMT,  just letting you know that if AMT is indeed a scam and therefore guilty of wire fraud then they are subject to:

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.[2]

But what about people who will order in the future from Joshua Zipkin's company, AMT, where there is no proof that he's even been the US for at least the past three years?

Someone was able to rent a PA location and office.  That incidentally was visited by other folks.

Technobit has shipped boards to them.  Technobit vouches for them as being legit.

You're making it seem that this company doesn't exists which is completely ludicrous.  It's like saying BFL does not exist.   Well for the longest time a lot of people thought BFL to be a scam,  however they eventually shipped.  Late, but they did ship.  

Dude,
As far as understand marto's post it is not a vouch at all. It just states that they did some business and amt Joshua was the men of the word back then. But what about now?

I think you need to dig up that post and re-quote it here.

Technobit (i.e. Marto) did say that AMT was legit.

Bitmine.ch also says they are legit.

So all 3 coincraft A1 manufacturers say each other are legit.   Seems to make sense.

Now it Bitmine or Technobit said that they never heard of AMT or have never worked with them, then I would be very worried.

legendary
March 01, 2014, 03:21:18 PM
For folks who insist on smearing AMT,  just letting you know that if AMT is indeed a scam and therefore guilty of wire fraud then they are subject to:

dude,
legendary
March 01, 2014, 03:20:14 PM
Okay, guys, this one is a bit of a stretch, but I just did a Google image search for Harrison Zipkin, and I clicked on an image that looked like him: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/todd-evans/15/b13/b39

Once on that page, place your cursor over the image to the right of the label Employee Benefits and register in your mind what you read. Perhaps, just a coincidence, but worth posting in such a way as to not accuse some innocent bystander in this mess.
legendary
March 01, 2014, 03:18:12 PM
I know dude. Daddy most probably knows nothing. My comment was about his son only
legendary
March 01, 2014, 03:16:27 PM

legendary
March 01, 2014, 03:12:21 PM
More about Harrison that AMT_miner mentioned that was kind enough to share an office space with its founder because he's a friend of the family, albeit I later proved that Harrison is indeed Joshua Zipkin's Daddy-O, Harrison Zachariah Zipkin. The original office of AMT was 1254 West Chester Pike, Havertown, PA.

http://www.zintro.com/expert/Harrison-Zipkin

Corporate CEO with over 30 years of experience in building companies. I have grown a company from start-up to over 50, 00k/annum in 5 years. Expert in corporate finance and structure. Expert sales trainer.

Standard Hourly Rate:   $100

Profession - Title:   Executive Management, Sales Methodology, Finance - CEO

Areas of Expertise:

Sales Training
Corporate Finance
Corporate And LLC's
Investment Banking
Merger & Acquisitions
Profitabilty
Cash Flow
Sales Recruiting
Staged Development
Security Technology
Access Control
Turnaround CEO

State/Province:

Philadelphia, PA
Country
United States

Primary Language:   English

Time Zone:    EST
Too expensive for amt 100USD per hour for advise how to swim out of the shit they are in. I am wondering how many hours of advises it is gonna take Grin

To be fair, there is no connection established yet of Harrison Zipkin being involved with AMT with the exception of him providing a mailing address for them, under the guise of only being a friend of the founder of AMT. AMT_miner's exact words, quoted below:

4. Walk up the stairs until you hit a door called "Safe", walk in the door and speak to a man named Harrison who is 6'3 and about 320lbs and he will welcome you and explain that this is an assembly and shipping point and the he is a family friend of one of the founders and that he was nice enough to help a start up get their feet off the ground.

legendary
March 01, 2014, 03:08:42 PM

legendary
March 01, 2014, 03:07:57 PM
More about Harrison that AMT_miner mentioned that was kind enough to share an office space with its founder because he's a friend of the family, albeit I later proved that Harrison is indeed Joshua Zipkin's Daddy-O, Harrison Zachariah Zipkin. The original office of AMT was 1254 West Chester Pike, Havertown, PA.

Corporate CEO with over 30 years of experience in building companies. I have grown a company from start-up to over 50, 00k/annum in 5 years. Expert in corporate finance and structure. Expert sales trainer.

Areas of Expertise:

Sales Training
Corporate Finance
Corporate And LLC's
Investment Banking
Merger & Acquisitions
Profitabilty
Cash Flow
Sales Recruiting
Staged Development
Security Technology
Access Control
Turnaround CEO

State/Province:

Philadelphia, PA
Country
United States

Too expensive for amt 100USD per hour for advise how to swim out of the shit they are in. I am wondering how many hours of advises it is gonna take Grin help them daddy please and show some mercy do not take all of their money leave some for the refunds Cheesy
legendary
March 01, 2014, 03:04:45 PM

Areas of Expertise:

Sales Training
Corporate Finance
Corporate And LLC's
Investment Banking
Merger & Acquisitions
Profitabilty
Cash Flow
Sales Recruiting
Staged Development
Security Technology
Access Control
Turnaround CEO

State/Province:

Philadelphia, PA
Country
United States

legendary
March 01, 2014, 03:00:19 PM

legendary
March 01, 2014, 02:50:09 PM
Back in the 80's, I read everything that Robert Ringer had out at the time, namely http://www.amazon.com/Winning-Through-Intimidation-Robert-Ringer/dp/0449207862, of which, ironically, is when I first heard of Ayn Rand in its introduction.

I've read that book at least three times (seriously), and one thing that I've always remember from it is what he quoted by Dan Kennedy, therewithin: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=221045531258686&story_fbid=724001937629707 (gleaned from DK's FB page)

Three Type Theory

"The world is made up of three types of people: Type Number One's who understand and openly acknowledge that they always act in their own self-interest.....Type Number Two's, who understand that they always act in their own self-interest but try to make you (and others) believe otherwise....and Type Number Three's, who either don't understand or don't want to understand that they always act in their own self-interest. Beware Type Two's and Type Three's."

There are two big hunks of wisdom here, and each one has saved me large sums - and when ignored, cost me large sums.

The first hunk of wisdom is that humans are hard-wired to act in their own self-interest. Period, end of story. Any superficially contrary evidence collapses under close scrutiny. This is neither evil or good, just reality. Fortunately, an individual's self-interest often runs parallel with other peoples' interests, and a lot of good comes of that. But if there is conflict, no person will ever voluntarily permit anyone else's interest to take priority over his own. This hard-wiring is absolutely necessary for species survival, by the way. The way to use this understanding is, first of all, as a means of being perfectly honest with yourself about your own motives; you get more accomplished with self-honesty than with self-deception. Second, to understand other people and interact with them free of delusion or disappointment.

The second big hunk of wisdom is to steer clear of Types Two and Three.

Type Two's will deliberately hurt you. They are thieves and con artists and liars and cheats who know their true nature is so dark they must carefully conceal it. Type Three's will unintentionally harm you. Because they are constantly at war with themselves, denying their true nature, making decisions based on delusion rather than reality, they will inevitably string together enough bad decisions made for the wrong reasons to destroy themselves along with anybody standing around in bomb-blast range. In my life, I've been hurt worse by the Type Threes than the Type Twos. I've gotten better and better at spotting them quickly and getting away from them quickly. It's a skill I work at.

-Dan Kennedy, taken from Power Points - http://budurl.com/PowerPoints

"Don’t be naïve. He who will cheat others will cheat you."
~Robert Ringer
Jump to: