Pages:
Author

Topic: Official YACOIN Orphan Blocks Thread - page 2. (Read 6016 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 100
Getting about 70% valid, 30% orphan.
Activity: 153
26 orphans 0 valid :/
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
5 Valid/ 19 Orphans

Hash rate ~ 50-100kh/s    (only using about 50% of my processor)

8 connections.

ping to start node ~130ms.
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
Giving up on this one.  Obviously, not a coin for the masses - good if you have access to a large server at a University or other backbone connected node
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Been mining for about 5 hours now, 1 orphan (mined whilst block chain was updating, so expected) and 0 valids :/ On about 100kh/s and have 53 active connections to the network.
Activity: 42
Being mining this through the client all day and a brief period using cpuminer. 20 blocks all orphaned. No point having a CPU coin protected from gpu's if the people with the CPU's cant bleeding get them lol. Back to CNC for me
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
5 orphans & 5 valid blocks after about 4 hours of mining with 3 threads on an i5-3570. gethashespersec shows that I'm hashing at about 100-200kh/s.

I tried cpuminer, but it only hashed about 40kh/s on a much faster CPU. After reading a bit it looks like only the yacoin client can be used to mine ATM.
Activity: 84
8 cores
200k h/s avg
1 orphan

mining for 1+/- hours

ATM it's 100% normal
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
12 orphans, 0 good.

Mining stopped, YAC can burn in hell  Grin
Activity: 112
25+ orphans, only 9 accepted

given that most of us has much lesser, 9 accepted is pretty damn good number... how much more do you want?
Activity: 61
Code:
ping 82.211.30.212

Pinging 82.211.30.212 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 82.211.30.212: bytes=32 time=446ms TTL=55
Reply from 82.211.30.212: bytes=32 time=143ms TTL=55
Reply from 82.211.30.212: bytes=32 time=169ms TTL=55
Reply from 82.211.30.212: bytes=32 time=286ms TTL=55

Windows, 30 KH, 1 block 2 orphans
legendary
Activity: 934
Merit: 1000
Lol Ymer, I know that feeling.. I was at work this afternoon when YaCoin was released.. Sad Had to install the daemon thru ssh on my iPad..
Activity: 308
I think the problem is low difficulty and shit location of the main node, leaves almost all of us with very high pings, the ones with good pings are getting most of the blocks.

Technically speaking there is no main node, but almost everyone connected him because of the startpost.. If I'm not mistaking a group of miners with low latency could theoretically be at an advantage. So if a few ppl with high hashpower and good latency happen to be close together no one else stands a chance..

Yea this + it seems that the windows module is not optimized or something, relm9 ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2076277 ) reports very good results with 400KH/s and he's also on linux.

I've had the same issue on Windows with BitBar and CNC..

I think in my case it has something to do with the fact that a lot of QT clients are running on my Windows desktop. They all have a number of connections open to the different coin networks. If I do a
Code:
netstat -tan -p tcp
I get a shitload of open connections. Especially if you have uPNP enables this might hog your windows PC and maybe your internet router causing a lot of misery.

May I suggest you reboot your PC, restart your internet router and see how your latency is then?

Also, you might want to spend some time enabling CGminer for YaCoin.. If you are the first to do that, you might get rich ;-)

It sucks I can't do any of that now because I'm at work, I'm only checking my home miners with logmein, I don't want to reboot my router or my miners because if somethig goes wrong my GPU mining will be gone until I'm back from work.
legendary
Activity: 934
Merit: 1000
I think the problem is low difficulty and shit location of the main node, leaves almost all of us with very high pings, the ones with good pings are getting most of the blocks.

Technically speaking there is no main node, but almost everyone connected him because of the startpost.. If I'm not mistaking a group of miners with low latency could theoretically be at an advantage. So if a few ppl with high hashpower and good latency happen to be close together no one else stands a chance..

Yea this + it seems that the windows module is not optimized or something, relm9 ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2076277 ) reports very good results with 400KH/s and he's also on linux.

I've had the same issue on Windows with BitBar and CNC..

I think in my case it has something to do with the fact that a lot of QT clients are running on my Windows desktop. They all have a number of connections open to the different coin networks. If I do a
Code:
netstat -tan -p tcp
I get a shitload of open connections. Especially if you have uPNP enables this might hog your windows PC and maybe your internet router causing a lot of misery.

May I suggest you reboot your PC, restart your internet router and see how your latency is then?

Also, you might want to spend some time enabling CGminer for YaCoin.. If you are the first to do that, you might get rich ;-)
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
May 08, 2013, 02:49:09 PM
just had a popup for a block, but it's another orphan...goddamnit Smiley

11 valid, 21 orphaned so far
Activity: 26
May 08, 2013, 02:48:49 PM
18 valid, 67 orphans
Checked my ping, ~40 ms, but 19% packet loss...
May 08, 2013, 02:48:43 PM

That's it. Downloading linux
Activity: 144
May 08, 2013, 02:47:12 PM
I have a cable 10M/s connection, 3 Xeon´s and 2 AMD FX-8, 6 hour mining and 89 orphans and not a single block.
May 08, 2013, 02:41:06 PM

clu
Activity: 15
May 08, 2013, 02:39:57 PM
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q9400  @ 2.66GHz, 8 GB RAM

gethashespersec

this one solved some blocks during the day. 2 orphans/16 blocks,
client compiled on a linux client.

Third person with high success rate on linux.

So far no one with windows has reported high rate of good blocks.

I only had a problem after encrypting my wallet [1]. Oh, and I had to copy the peers
for the later setups since there was a connection problem. After this, I would say the coin
runs pretty flawless and the bad words about it are not justified.

[1] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2075564
Pages:
Jump to: