Author

Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading - page 360. (Read 723558 times)

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
I just don't feel comfortable talking in a self-moderated topic, so I stopped posting in this official Bitfinex thread (as the other one is locked now).
Is there another thread?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/betabitfinexcom-first-bitcoin-p2p-lending-platform-for-leverage-trading-119745 in Project Development, it was closed as Bitfinex is said to be out of beta now/soon.
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
I just don't feel comfortable talking in a self-moderated topic, so I stopped posting in this official Bitfinex thread (as the other one is locked now).

Is there another thread?  Raphy, please make a thread that isn't self moderated.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
Activity: 602
Awfully quiet around here.
Activity: 446
Merit: 250
CAT.EX Exchange
Compliance with existing regulations and AML/KYC is in this moment our first priority.

Thanks for this info. Exactly what I wanted to know.

Depositing and withdrawing only BTC: for the moment this seems to be exempt, according to recent Fincen guidance.

Does this include "Deposit BTC -> use exchange to convert to USD -> use exchange to convert to BTC -> withdraw BTC"? No USD is being moved in this process, only "held" by you "for the customer". Possibly Fincen guidance doesn't cover this, possibly it does... I'm not sure.

We are currently working on a new project that will allow our customers to trade and make a profit without ever being involved into any fiat money whatsoever.

Interesting. Will hedging against BTC fluctuation (what can currently be done by simply using the exchange to convert to USD) be possible with that scheme?

Q: Does this include "Deposit BTC -> use exchange to convert to USD -> use exchange to convert to BTC -> withdraw BTC"? No USD is being moved in this process, only "held" by you "for the customer". Possibly Fincen guidance doesn't cover this, possibly it does... I'm not sure.

A: This wont be subject to any KYC as no currency is incoming or outgoing. Cryptocurrencies movements are not subject to any verification according to Fincen guidance.

Q: Interesting. Will hedging against BTC fluctuation (what can currently be done by simply using the exchange to convert to USD) be possible with that scheme?

A: Yes it will

I hope this helps

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team
CAT.EX Exchange
Self moderated topic, no thanks.

I'd be wary of Bitfinex if I were you. They were outed for gambling with their customers funds during the crash. Some random investor got credited with a few hundred thousand imaginary USD, if the price didn't go back up then your force executed orders had nothing to back them up.

It worked, OK, but that's absolutely not responsible.

Oh yes?
Any evidence you can show us about what you say or was it just a bunch of empty words?
We were outed by whom?
A resentful advisor that never understood the difference between being an employee and a shareholder and is lying thru his teeth?
C'mon, let's move on....
You blame Bitfinex not to be responsible on a crappy mountain of false allegations.
Would you define yourself responsible in doing that?
It's your right to choose not to be our customer, just stop intentionally lying about us.
Or could it be that, as you are running coinlenders.com you just want to throw some shit on your smarter competitors?
Your business must be doing really poorly if you have enough time to waste on such childish techniques.
Not very professional I must say....

Have a good life

Giancarlo

This, I am a long time customer of the site, but I'd prefer to see an open topic.
vip
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042
👻

I'd be wary of Bitfinex if I were you. They were outed for gambling with their customers funds during the crash. Some random investor got credited with a few hundred thousand imaginary USD, if the price didn't go back up then your force executed orders had nothing to back them up.

It worked, OK, but that's absolutely not responsible.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Compliance with existing regulations and AML/KYC is in this moment our first priority.

Does this mean funds might be frozen at some point until I submit to some identification process?

Any BTC trading company that allows its customers to deposit and withdraw fiat money must comply with KYC/AML regulation unless it wants to end like Liberty Reserve, that is in jail and with the customers money lost.
It is not a matter of choice anymore, it's do or die.
But have no fear.
The fact that we know the identity of our customers will still allow us to keep the privacy of the informations we collect and for this Hong Kong is a quite safe place, as privacy is held into great consideration here.
In other words we will not give any information regarding our customers to anyone, no matter what.
That's about all we can do about it.

I hope this helps

Thanks for this info. Exactly what I wanted to know.

Depositing and withdrawing only BTC: for the moment this seems to be exempt, according to recent Fincen guidance.

Does this include "Deposit BTC -> use exchange to convert to USD -> use exchange to convert to BTC -> withdraw BTC"? No USD is being moved in this process, only "held" by you "for the customer". Possibly Fincen guidance doesn't cover this, possibly it does... I'm not sure.

We are currently working on a new project that will allow our customers to trade and make a profit without ever being involved into any fiat money whatsoever.

Interesting. Will hedging against BTC fluctuation (what can currently be done by simply using the exchange to convert to USD) be possible with that scheme?
legendary
Activity: 1834
CAT.EX Exchange

Does this mean funds might be frozen at some point until I submit to some identification process?

Any BTC trading company that allows its customers to deposit and withdraw fiat money must comply with KYC/AML regulation unless it wants to end like Liberty Reserve, that is in jail and with the customers money lost.

Will those of us that only deposit and withdraw BTC be required to submit identification? If the policy changes, will we be notified in advance?

Unfortunately I'm currently not allowed to give away any more details about it, but stay tuned for some more breaking news....
Smiley

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team
Activity: 77
Merit: 13

Will those of us that only deposit and withdraw BTC be required to submit identification? If the policy changes, will we be notified in advance?
legendary

Hi, yeah but you could just go into the mkt and buy at the market price of the last order? Even without fees.

Hell, we need more leverage up to 10 or 15 max.
The way a standard futures contract usually has in the derivative markets.
With options they go even higher but it's kinda different anyway.

I wish we had proper derivative exchanges futures and options for the masses for bitcoin.
It would be essential for economy stabilizing. They just eliminate or hedge all risk.

https://pay.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1f5wah/the_open_source_markets_of_the_bitcoin/

What about icbit.se?
Activity: 124
Merit: 100

Hi, yeah but you could just go into the mkt and buy at the market price of the last order? Even without fees.

Hell, we need more leverage up to 10 or 15 max.
The way a standard futures contract usually has in the derivative markets.
With options they go even higher but it's kinda different anyway.

I wish we had proper derivative exchanges futures and options for the masses for bitcoin.
It would be essential for economy stabilizing. They just eliminate or hedge all risk.

https://pay.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1f5wah/the_open_source_markets_of_the_bitcoin/
legendary

But have no fear.
The fact that we know the identity of our customers will still allow us to keep the privacy of the informations we collect and for this Hong Kong is a quite safe place, as privacy is held into great consideration here.
In other words we will not give any information regarding our customers to anyone, no matter what.

I hope this helps

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

Yeah it's kind of already convenient when every wire requires ID and proof of residence Smiley
CAT.EX Exchange

But have no fear.

I hope this helps

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I didn't have any positions open, but did anyone get affected with loans and stuff due to the price drop, and I mean in a bad way?

No, but as a lender I was surprised at the extremely low volume of requests for BTC to short. 
Jump to: