Pages:
Author

Topic: Offline stores that accept payments using bitcoins - page 2. (Read 2834 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 262
privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond
I've never seen a store that uses bitcoin in real life. It is unfortunately becoming increasingly more inconvenient to use bitcoin for real life payments due the slow transactions and high fees for stuff like groceries, coffee etc.

If we want that, we need the lightning network soon. Until then... it's simply not worth the hassle.

Yes, you are right, what if there is no internet network in the store? of course it will take a long time.
I think if payment in stores using bitcoin is very inefficient, because it requires a living internet network and so on without a power outage,
I think it will make people around it more complicated, because now there are so many parents who don't understand about using bitcoin.
There are stores abroad that accepts bitcoin as payment already but of course they are only few. @Mhd-Bobbi is right, in order to process cryptos and bitcoin successfully, a working internet connection is needed. In short, accepting bitcoin as payment offline is not possible. At this point, using btc payment is hard to implement because not all countries accepted it plus the fact that there are countries who have poor Internet connection like here in the Philippines.
Activity: 665
Merit: 250
maybe it can all happen because it is influenced by the times and technology but for now it cannot be done in my country because crypto currencies have not been formalized and even banned from direct transactions
Activity: 700
Merit: 101
when talking to offline businesses that accept bitcoin as a payment tool I have never found it in my country, because my country has not accepted bitcoin as a legitimate payment instrument
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
Here in my country, bitcoin adoption is still slow but some merchants are starting to offer cryptocurrency as a mode of payment both online and offline. Government have already given licenses to several crypto exchanges even the bitcoin is not yet legalized. A non government organization initiated a coastal clean up and offers ethereum as a payment to those who to want the clean up. It means the use of cryptocurrency as payment is spreading in my country although it is not fast.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
There are a lots of stores that are accepting bitcoin even if it is an offline and online transactions . They provide bitcoin holders and users to use there bitcoin in a hassle free.
They just display the QR code infront of their pos machines so their customers can easily pay them off w/ bitcoins.
Activity: 274
Merit: 10
Are there any of you who have offline business but accept payment using bitcoin?

There are many merchants and local businesses that accept bitcoin as a payment form.
https://99bitcoins.com/who-accepts-bitcoins-payment-companies-stores-take-bitcoins/
Also here in coinmap.org you can find the map and see which company near you accepts bitcoin.
There are a lots of stores that are accepting bitcoin even if it is an offline and online transactions . They provide bitcoin holders and users to use there bitcoin in a hassle free.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 251
Are there any of you who have offline business but accept payment using bitcoin?

Not in my country. My country still ban bitcoin if used as payment in merchant. Beside that merchant must be wait for government regulation and i am believe if regulate issued by government, many merchant will happy to accept bitcoin because its getting more popular in my country
Activity: 434
Merit: 13
I've never seen a store that uses bitcoin in real life. It is unfortunately becoming increasingly more inconvenient to use bitcoin for real life payments due the slow transactions and high fees for stuff like groceries, coffee etc.

If we want that, we need the lightning network soon. Until then... it's simply not worth the hassle.

Yes, you are right, what if there is no internet network in the store? of course it will take a long time.
I think if payment in stores using bitcoin is very inefficient, because it requires a living internet network and so on without a power outage,
I think it will make people around it more complicated, because now there are so many parents who don't understand about using bitcoin.
Activity: 105
Merit: 4
There is a very well-known museums in my hometown that accepts crypto as payment.

Don't think it's worth acknowledging the non-online stores doing this though..Almost all business (to buy products and experiences) in the near future will be online or virtual. VR museums, concerts, etc.

I think we're eventually heading towards a global and virtual decentralized marketplace. You'll be able to check out what you're buying in VR and have extremely fast drone delivery. If you want to buy an experience, you'll be able to do that in VR. It's adoption is heavily being pushed and the combination of technologies makes this almost inevitable from my perspective.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
In our part of the world, Crypto currency is mainly accepted in internet based services like premium content and such. But offline, i haven't heard of any in our neighborhood. I heard that it is bustling in Thailand to attract more tourists in, but they accept top and main coins and not crao coins.

I think the first world countries just started accepting bitcoin as payment to some of their restaurants, but I have never heard of these kind of news again since the market went crashing this year. Most of the third world countries are still in the learning stage when it comes to cryptocurrency, and I think its gonna take those countries a lot of time before they accept bitcoin as payment in some of their stores.
Activity: 476
In our part of the world, Crypto currency is mainly accepted in internet based services like premium content and such. But offline, i haven't heard of any in our neighborhood. I heard that it is bustling in Thailand to attract more tourists in, but they accept top and main coins and not crao coins.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
maybe for now there isn't yet because at this time in my country transactions directly with crypto currencies are still banned by the government in other words the government has not recognized bitcoin as the applicable currency
This issue with the governments can be solved if we enforce the government collectively to focus on this currency. We have to work for the Bitcoin and have to use only that if all of the people from the whole country will demand for the Bitcoin usage then the governments will not ban it as they work for the benefits of their citizens.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
I have never seen anywhere they are accepting Bitcoin offline as a payment. And I can’t try that with my business, it’s not that type I can except Bitcoin. But maybe if I do have like a big shopping mall or something like that, that’s when I might consider payments like Bitcoin.

Unless the volatility will discourage me from doing that and, cause nobody would like to sell their product and accept payment and by the end of the day when you’re about to do calculations you find out that money is missing and that’s all because price has dropped, lol.
Activity: 383
Merit: 10
maybe for now there isn't yet because at this time in my country transactions directly with crypto currencies are still banned by the government in other words the government has not recognized bitcoin as the applicable currency
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
Please just google yourself to find out the offline business who are accepting Bitcoin payment, I hope you will get many. There is a very interesting thing you could find a shop near your place if your country allow Bitcoin.
for in my country, offline stores that provide payments using bitcoin, of course no longer exist, because there was once a sweping for that, because of legal issues, but I don't know if in a country that has recognized BTC
i think its happen in only few countries.not all government sweeping bitcoin payment in offline stores.its still on early stage for adoption and maybe next several years it could be.
I think in the next few years or future farther away, offline stores can not accept bitcoin as a payment method, the government is a huge wall, they always block bitcoin's contact with the store because they know bitcoin is a money-laundering tool and can not be managed, they do not collect taxes and, moreover, they are obliged to solve the problems that bitcoin can create. And with such issues, they will surely prohibit offline stores from accepting bitcoin, this is very common in countries in the present time
Activity: 1017
Merit: 107
Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card
Please just google yourself to find out the offline business who are accepting Bitcoin payment, I hope you will get many. There is a very interesting thing you could find a shop near your place if your country allow Bitcoin.
for in my country, offline stores that provide payments using bitcoin, of course no longer exist, because there was once a sweping for that, because of legal issues, but I don't know if in a country that has recognized BTC
i think its happen in only few countries.not all government sweeping bitcoin payment in offline stores.its still on early stage for adoption and maybe next several years it could be.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
Activity: 1106
Merit: 11
Crypto in my Blood
Activity: 490
I do not have it. even in my country there is no store that accepts payments using bitcoin, I think it will take a long time to make bitcoin a tool for payment, because not everyone knows bitcoin.
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
No i don't have any offline business that accept payment using bitcoin. But there are now a lot of offline businesses who are now accepting bitcoin as a transaction payment like here in the Philippines because bitcoin is starting to get more popular today.
Pages:
Jump to: